- Fashion and Beauty
Show your Holiday Spirit with Christmas Nails
Christmas Nails, YOU can do yourself!
Ready for some Holiday Spirit, than it's time to express yourself with some Christmas Nails. The holidays are a time of joy and cheer and of course FUN!
So let's get your nails into that yuletide spirit.
Browse along to find some inspiring Christmas Nail art that is not only fun but beautiful. But, best of all, YOU can DO it all by yourself. You may need a few things along the way, but most of it you will have laying around your house. Are you ready to show your holiday spirit with some really awesome Christmas Nails?
Follow my simple directions and let me guide you along to creating your own fabulous Christmas Nails.
Have a Wonderful Holiday!
Image Credit: Chloes Nails
Glorious Christmas Nails - Can you feel the spirit?Click thumbnail to view full-size
Candy Cane Nails
Candy Cane Nail Tutorial
Cute and Fun Christmas Nails
Candy Cane Nails are so FUN and did I mention Easy to do yourself.
This is an easy nail design you will do over and over again because it looks great and is so simple.
- Start with a base coat of China Glaze White On White
- Once nails are completely dry. Use scotch tape to create the stripes for the red glitter nail polish. You can make this as thick or thin as you like.
- Once nails are all taped up, apply the MILANI One Coat Glitter - Red Sparkle to the taped off areas. Be sure to let dry completely before removing the tape.
- Apply a top coat like Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
Candy Cane Supplies
Here's What you need:
A little Scotch Tape or Sally Hansen Hard As Nails French Manicure Kit to make perfect Stripes.
Red & White Polka Dot Nails
Red & White Polka Dot Nail Tutorial
Christmas Smiles Abound
I love this color red! I think it is the perfect red and so cute with polka dots. This one would be so cool in other shades. To create the dots you can use a toothpick or a dotting tool.
- Start by painting the base coat and alternating with the (Red) and (White) Essie Nail Color - Marshmallow on each nail, both hands should be the same.
Once your base coat is completely dry, add the dots on the base coat with the contrasting color. The Dotting Pen is a great tool and makes wonderful dots.
Finish your nails by applying a fast drying top coat. My favorite and the best in my opinion is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat.
How to do the dots
Put a small amount of nail polish on a piece of paper. Stick the toothpick or dotting tool into the polish; The key to doing dots is perfect placement on the nail.
Find the center of your nail and create make 2-4 dots vertically down the center, then add dots horizontally centered between the 2-4 vertical dots you created, and continue along following that pattern. The result will be evenly spaced polka dots on your nails.
Image Credit: A Vain Women
Dotting or Marblezing Pens
Here is the trick to making some pretty cool designs.
Is your Nail Polish Thick & Gooey? - Don't throw it away.
All you need to do is add a little Polish thinner. You may have heard to use polish remover. Do not ever add polish remover to your polish, it will ruin it by making it to thin. But Polish Thinner is your answer. Stop throwing polish away and rejuvenate it.
OPI Nail Lacquer Thinner makes your old polish new again. The dropper application makes it easy to add just the right amount drop by drop. If your polish is a bit thin, just leave the nail polish top off the bottle for a few hours and it will thicken up.
Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure
Create a fabulous French Manicure with Sally Hansen kit or use the nail stickers enclosed to create glorious perfect stripes for you nail art.
Included in this Sally Hansen Hard as Nails French Manicure is white tip sticker, sheer color and top coat. Complete instructions on how to create a fabulous French Manicure.
Light Bright Nails
Light Bright Nails Tutorial
Christmas FUN all the Way.
What You Need:
A good base coat and a quick drying top coat. Seche Vite is the best choice for this. Amazon has a duo available which is a set of both the top coat and the base coat for a very reasonable price, which is much cheaper than buying them individually. Just click on the Seche Vite link to be taken there right away.
Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat Seche - Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat - OPI Green-wich Village - OPI Big Apple Red - white or off-white polish - cuticle nippers - black string - Nail Tees Precision Applicators
- Start with the white polish and give it a nice coat or two; Not to thick and wait to dry.
- On dry white nails, apply the Seche Vite clear coat. Remember the string will stick to this base coat so you should work quickly so it does not dry.
- Lay the black string over the nail and let it loop and wander off the nail. Leave extra string on each side of the nail to give you something to work with.
- Add another layer of the Seche Vite clear coat on top of the string to hold it.& Let dry.
- Once nails are completely dry. You will want to trim the string using the
- And now it is time to add the lights! Use the Nail Tees Precision Applicators to create the bulbs. Put a little of the and Green nail polish on a piece of paper and dip applicator into polish and apply to nail.
- Finish with the Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat and apply.
Technique Adapted From: The Beauty Department
Light Bright Nails
Photo Credit: The Beauty Department
Light Bright Supplies
Here are the supplies you will need to create light bright on your nails. The only thing missing is the black thread, which I assume you have some laying around your house.
Snowflake Nail Art
Snowflake Nails Tutorial
What you need:
O.P.I, Nicki Minaj Collection, Fly Shade - Barry M Blue Glitter - Snowflake plate from Bundle Monster plate BM14 a rhinestone top coat of Seche Vite Fast Drying top Coat
- Apply a base coat of OPI Fly. Allow to completely dry.
- Sponge on Barry M Blue Glitter, heavier at tips and lighter, more sparse as you move inward.
- Using Konad Stamper, use plate BM14 (snowflake)
and the Konad Silver Polish and stamp snowflake on index finger.
- Apply a Rhinestone to center of snowflake.
- Finish with a Seche Vite Fast Drying Top Coat.
Photo Credit: The Nailasaurus
The stuff you need to make this beautiful Snowflake Nails is right here.
Konad Stamping Nail Art Starter Pink Set - +Polish Remover Pump Bottle (empty)+2 Way Stamp & Scraper
A great Starter Kit for the Konad Nail Stamping System. Everything you need to get started and more.
Konad Kit includes two Image Plates, Stamp, and 3 Special Polishes which are used with the Konad system. Also included with this set is a Polish Remover Bottle with Pump. A nice set!
How to Sponge Glitter on Nails
The most effective way to apply glitter to your nails to achieve a gradient look.
- Apply Nail Polish to clean and dry nails. Let dry completely.
- Dab a small amount of Glitter nail polish or Glitter on a scrap piece of paper.
- Take a small piece of make up sponge and dip into the glitter nail polish and dab onto the tip of the nail. Keep it heavier at the tips of the nail and than gradually lighter to create a gradient look.
- Finally, apply a fast drying top coat to seal your work.
Sponging Technique for Gradiant Glitter Nails
All that Glitters... - Holiday Glitter Nail Polish
Nail Polish with a little Bling. These wonderful Glitter Nail Polishes will make you sparkle and shine this holiday season.
Adorable Christmas Nails - I Love JeeA Lee and all her nail designs.
Let me begin with the fact that the designer of both of these gorgeous Christmas Nails Photos is an Artist. Couldn't you tell? Anyway, she uses crystals and foils to embellish the nail polish and of course her beautiful artwork. Aren't they absolutely fabulous?
Image Credit: JeeA Lee
Christmas Nail Art
When I think of Boho Hairstyles, I think natural, fresh, and very simple. "Tousled hair which just seems to fall in place, a type of organized chaos. ...
St. Patricks Day Makeup Ideas
Get dolled up with some St. Patrick's Day makeup.St. Paddy's Day will be here before you know it, and soon we'll all be buried deep in green beer and shamroc...
Dirty Santa Gifts
Just what is a Dirty Santa Gift? (a.k.a. Secret Santa Gift, White Elephant, Yankee Swap) Every Holiday season, our family and friends get together to celebra...
Gift Ideas For White Elephant Exchange
Are you racking your brain for just the right Gift for a White Elephant Party? Do you even know what a White Elephant Gift is? Well, either way you have come...
Classic Mimosa... The Little Black Dress of Cocktails
Are you looking for a Mimosa Recipe or some information about this little classic cocktail. Well let me begin with the fact that Mimosa's are just one of t...
My Nail Art Inspiration
- Chloe's Nails: Tutorials
Chloes Blog is filled with wonderful Nail Art and humor. I love to see what she comes up with next.
- JeeA Lee's Nail Art, Christmas Nails
Pop in to see what JeeA Lee has created now. Her nail designs are gorgeous. Did I mention she is an artist.
- The Nailasaurus | UK Nail Art Blog
I don't know but just the name, "Nailasaurus" makes me want to visit this site. Great Nail designs and just a fun site.
- The Beauty Department
Filled with interesting articles of all things Beauty.
- Jelly Nails
Cute blog with creative nail designs and techniques.
I hope you enjoyed these wonderful Christmas Nail designs. Easy and fun to do yourself. Do you have a great idea for festive nails this holiday season?
Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a Wonderful Holiday!