- Fashion and Beauty
Does the No No Really Work?
Does the No! No! Really Work?-Permanent and Painless Removal of Unwanted Body Hair
Does the No! No! Really Work?-Readers will learn how the No! No! works, how to use the No! No!, what consumers are saying about the No! No! and the pros and cons of using the No! No!.
How the No! No! Works
The purpose of the No! No! Hair Removal System is to dramatically decrease the amount of hair and the time it takes for the hair to grow back.
The No! No! Hair Removal resembles an electric razor, but instead of a blade, uses a thermodynamic, or heated wire, to send heat to the hair follicle roots.
Gentle and low heat interrupts communication between the hair follicle root and the area that stimulates hair growth.
This disruption decreases the hair growth rate, and if used on the same area consistently, will increasingly slow the growth of the hair and eventually cause a permanent and significant reduction in hair growth on the areas that are treated over and over again.
Even though you only need to use the No! No! two or three times a week, using the No! No! on a daily basis will produce better and faster results.
How to Use the No! No!
Choose and insert the tip. There is a large tip to make removing hair on larger areas faster, and there is a small tip for sensitive and smaller areas.
Adjust the level of heat treatment. There is a low heat level, a medium heat level, and a high heat level. For best results, try to use the highest level of heat possible that is still comfortable for your skin.
After choosing your treatment level, slowly glide the tip over your skin at a 90 degree angle that is flat to your skin. You may have to run it over the same area more than once during a treatment.
Finally, use the buffer included with the system to buff away the treated hair and exfoliate the skin, and follow with a moisturizer.
Watch How the No! No! Thermodynamics Work - Short Video 1:05
No! No! Use Week by Week-What to Expect
Does the No! No! Really Work?: Six Weeks of Use
End of first week- Had to go over the same area two to three times for the hair to completely burn off. Skin is not smooth after one week of use.
End of second week- Noticed slightly thinning hair at the end of the second week.
End of third week- Hair on arms and legs is noticeably thinner and growth has definitely slowed. The less coarse arm hair is extremely light and thin.
End of week four- Much more soft and fine hair growth.
End of week five- Arm hair is almost completely gone. Leg hair is lighter and softer. Hair is hardly growing and is slow to grow on both arms and legs. Hardly any new hair growth in five days.
End of sixth week- Upper lip and chin hair is completely gone. Arms are completely hairless with a few left under the arms. Legs continue to show less hair growing back. What hair that does grow back is sporadic.
Pros of Using the No! No!
Your Ultimate Goal is to Never Buy Razors and Shave Cream Again
- There is no razor burn or hair stubble left behind, unlike using a manual or electric razor.
- The small, compact size of the No! No! makes it perfect for traveling, and there is no cord to fuss with.
- There is no mess, and it comes with a battery and charger for unlimited use.
- The No! No! is safer than the manual razor or hair removal cream.
- There are buffers in place to protect the user's skin from the heated wire.
- Even though stopping the growth of hair isn't immediate and may take several uses, the end result of consistent use is smooth, permanently hairless skin in as little as two to three weeks.
Watch the No! No! in Action - Short Video 1:41
Cons of Using the No! No!
Some Negative Aspects of the No! No! You Should Be Aware Of
Con #1- Some people have reported a mild burning or tingling sensation on sensitive areas of the skin, especially above the upper lip. On sensitive areas, you should use the lowest heat setting. Any burning or tingling should fade away after a few treatments.
Con #2- Permanent removal of hair requires a long-term time investment. It is human nature for people to be impatient and want instant results; however, the No! No! is not made to work instantly. Complete heat disruption may take several weeks of consistent use.
Con #3- When beginning No! No! use, coarse hair may be left behind or difficult to treat initially and may require several treatments. It helps to use a conventional razor on patches of coarse hair before using the No! No! for the first time.
Con #4- You will receive poor results with short-term use and even long-term use if the device is not used properly. Better and more rapid results will be seen with proper use and more time using. A green guide light will stay on to show that you are using the No! No! correctly. At a steady pace, you need to glide the No! No! unit across your skin in a smooth motion similar to shaving with a razor without interrupting or stopping. Glide the No! No! against the growth of your hair and towards your body. Schedule at least 30 minutes a day for three days a week for a smooth, permanent and hairless body.
Con #5- Some people believe the cost of the No! No! is extreme. However, the No! No! is much cheaper than going to a salon or doctor for laser hair treatment. Invest in the No! No! one time, and you can use it at home at your own convenience as many times per day or per week as you want. There is no limit to the number of times the No! No! can be used per day. You will definitely be getting your money's worth.
Con #6- An odor of smoke is another reported con from using the No! No! Hair Removal System. This is a normal smell from heating the hair. Of course, the shorter the hair, the less the smell of smoke. The smell will also decrease as your hair begins to grow back in thinner and thinner with each use.
Does the No! No! Really Work?
Examples of What Some People are Saying About the No! No!
Does the No! No! really work? Listed below are some comments from satisfied consumers who own and use the No! No! Hair Removal System.
"...the No! No! worked better for me than laser removal of hair. It was easier, faster, and less expensive."
"...works well on my very fine arm hair."
"...good if you have problems with sideburns and made the hair on my legs grow in thinner."
"...works for white face fuzz and upper lip hair. "
"...the No! No! removed my long tummy hair."
"...a week after using and my legs are still smooth."
Demonstration of No! No! and Buffer Use - Short Video 0:34
Keys to Success with the No! No!
My Tips and Warnings
Everyone's experience with the No! No! is different, but here is some advice for successful and permanent hair removal with the No! No!. Usually, those who give up on the No! No! without giving it a chance either don't use it for a long enough period of time or don't strictly follow the instructions.
- Patience and long-term consistent use are two keys to success with the No! No!.
- Don't just use the No! No! a couple of times and decide it is not for you. Purchasing the No! No! is an investment, so give it some time and several hair treatments.
- The word "slowly" is emphasized when using the No! No!. Slowly glide the No! No! over your skin. You can't rush through like you are using a conventional razor.
- Start your first No! No! hair treatment shortly after shaving with a razor when the hair is not too long and thick. This will cut down on the smell and shorten the treatment time. Then, do not let your hair grow back in too long before treating again. With continued use, your hair will begin to grow back in thinner and thinner each time until it no longer grows back in.
- Warning! There is a smell of burning hair, much like over-styling your hair with a straightener or curling iron. But the No! No! does use heat energy, so the smell shouldn't be a surprise or shock you. The smell is to be expected when using heat.
- Test each heat level on a small area of your skin overnight before deciding on a heat level for larger areas. You want a level that is comfortable for you, but still hot enough for the most effective treatment in the shortest amount of time. If you already know you have very sensitive skin, you may want to skip the heat test and just use the low level of heat.
- Choose a small area of hair for a period of experimental testing. Analyze the area after each use to determine if your hair growth density is decreasing with each treatment.
- Examine your No! No! before each use. If the thermowire is bent or broken, replace it before using.
- Do not use the No! No! Hair Removal System on sunburns, cuts, moles, blisters, any open area of the skin or scars.
© 2012 Julie Johnson