- Fashion and Beauty
Dry Shave vs Wet Shave Electric Shaver vs Razor Shaving
What Is the Best, Dry Shave or Wet Shave?
What is the best way to shave? What is the most convenient way to shave? Pros and cons for wet and dry shaving. Find your answers to your shaving questions, and tips for getting a close, convenient, and no irritations shave.
We will show you how to get a close shave without irritation and how to spend less on a wet shaving kit and for other wet shaving products.
Wet Shaving Kit
Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3d Electric Shaver - Electric Shaver - Wet or Dry
The convenience of an electric shaver plus the huge pluses of a wet shave combined.You can shave wet or dry, use this in the shower, or on the go, anywhere you want.Its versatility makes it a great choice for anyone. It is cordless, and easy to travel with, and provides up to 60 minutes of shaving time for a full charge. That will translate into about 20 days of shaving.
Dry Shave vs Wet Shave
Convenience vs Close and Smooth Shave
Dry shave is done without wetting the beard hairs, and uses an electric shaver. The dry electric shave method cuts the hairs by inserting them into a perforated screen. Behind the perforated screen there are the cutting blades which will trim the hairs. So the shave can be as close as the screen's thickness.
I know people that dry shave using a safety razor or cartridges, but this is very taxing on the skin, and it only works with soft beard.
Wet shaving is done using creams, lubricants, soaps, gels, water, or a combination of these, and a cutting device. The cutting device can be a safety razor, a straight razor, or even an electric shaver. Not all electric shavers are made for wet shaving so don't try it with yours, unless you know was designed for wet shave. With manual razor the shave can be as close as the skin level. With the wet electric shaver, the shave will be less close, but will be the best experience of all shaving types.
If you used both of the shaving methods, you probably have an idea about the differences between the two methods, but for those who haven't tried yet, here is a list of pros and cons for each method.
Merkur Model 180 Long Handled Safety Razor
The pros of the dry electric shaving:
- Is very convenient, you can use it anytime, anywhere.
- You can shave a bit faster, since you don't have to go twice over the same area.
- Water, shaving cream or gel, or soap are not needed.
These are things that you need to buy for wet shaving. Because the hair is cut inside the electric shaver, and the blade doesn't touch the skin, there is no friction on the face, so lubricant is not needed.
- It reduces the ingrown hairs.
- They save you money in time.
Schick Hydro 5 Blade Razor
The Pros of Wet Shaving
- The wet shaving is the least irritating shave.
- Contrary to the general opinion, wet shaving can be very affordable.
- Contrary to a popular belief, wet shaving can be fast and convenient if you know some tips and tricks.
- Manual razors are easy to carry, so travelling with them in a luggage is convenient.
- Wet shaving is the closest shave possible, your wife or girlfriend will absolutely love it.
- Blades and cartridges, (the consumables), are really cheap, but if you don't have an extremely hard beard hair, and you follow some rules, you can use them for a really long time.
Edwin Jagger Double Edge Safety Razor
The Cons of Wet Shaving
- Wet shaving takes a bit longer than dry shaving, since you need to moist your face first, and then apply a shaving cream, gel or soap, and only after that you can shave.
- Men prone to ingrown hairs because shaving with blades and cartridges is a very close shave.
- You are dependent on a water source, although a power source is not needed.
The cons of the dry shaving
- The closeness of the dry shaving is not the best possible.
- The dry shaving irritate the skin for many men. Some don’t have any problems with the irritation.
- Although the electric razor shaving doesn't need water or shaving cream, it is not completely independent, you still need to have a power source, be it a battery or an electric outlet.
- They are more expensive initially, consider it as an investment.
Best Shaving Method Debate
What is the best shaving method?