- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care»
- Facial Skin Care
Face Yoga to Banish Wrinkles
Regular facial exercises and face toning can help in averting the signs of aging and preventing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles, thus making you look younger.
Yoga for the Face
Facial Exercises to Get Rid of Wrinkles Naturally
Ageing is unavoidable; on the other hand, sufficient and daily skin care allows you to put off fine lines, crowfeet and wrinkles. As a rule, most of the wrinkles appear as a result of neglect and an inconsistent lifestyle pattern. Nevertheless, you can hold up their appearance by using simple home remedies and performing facial exercises which tone up the muscles of the face. Face Yoga is exceedingly useful in making the skin of the face firm and tight and in fact, it has been considered to be more potent than the best anti-wrinkle cream.
Get Rid of Laugh Lines and Crowfeet with These Face Firming Exercises
Exercising facial muscles is as important as exercising other muscle groups in the body. They help make the muscles firm and supple, and avert drooping of the facial skin, accordingly lending a youthful appearance.
- Eye Exercises to Prevent Wrinkles Around The Eyes: Place the ring and middle fingers at the outer corner of each eye. Apply pressure very gently, then squeeze the eyes shut. Hold for 5 seconds, then release.
- Forehead Exercises to Battle Wrinkles: Frown and bring your eyebrows close to each other. Then, raise them as far up as possible. Hold for 5 seconds, and then release.
- Cheek Exercises to Prevent Sagging: Blow out your cheeks and hold for 5 seconds. Then move the ball of air: up, down, left and right.
Practice these exercises on an everyday basis for optimal results. It is advisable to start these exercises before the onset of fine lines; may be around 25 years of age.
Face Yoga Rejuvenates You
Anti-Aging Facial Exercises
The lion pose or Shimhasana is a unique yoga posture which can help you get rid of fine lines on the face and neck. Sit comfortably on the floor, such that, the knees are folded and the buttocks rest on the soles of the feet. Here is how to perform the pose
- Keep the spine erect.
- Spread out the fingers and place your palms on to the knees.
- Inhale; and exhale and put the tongue out as much as you can. Widen your eyes; and make the facial muscles taut.
- Hold for 5 to 10 seconds. Release. Repeat about 5 times daily.
Regular practice of the lion pose can help crease the wrinkles and keep you skin of the face healthy and glowing.
Face Firming Home Remedies
The following remedies help tone up the muscles of the face, enhance the texture of the skin, get rid of age spots and fine lines and provide a radiance to the skin; thereby, thwarting the unpleasant signs of ageing.
- Blend 5 spoons of milk, 2 spoons of honey, 5 drops of lemon juice and 2 drops of avocado oil together. Massage in to your face and neck. Rinse after 20 minutes. This helps make the skin soft, supple and firm; it also lightens the skin naturally. This recipe keeps the skin looking youthful and healthy.
- Puree one banana, add 5 drops of jojoba oil or almond oil and massage in to your face. Leave for 20 minutes; then wash off. This recipe is a brilliant anti wrinkle and anti aging therapy, which also moisturizes the skin, prevents sagging and keeps the skin radiant.