- Fashion and Beauty»
Glitzy Snood Cap for Party-Goers
I review hats, caps and scarves for cancer and alopecia patients
Wear this party cap alone to top off
your celebration outfit. Suit your scalp - if it is hardy, wear the cap alone, but if it is still sensitive from treatment, wear an undercap (below) beneath the sequined snood. Position it and then pin it to the under-cap.
How to wear snood over an undercap or liner
1. slip on a soft cotton undercap (below)
2. position the snood symmetrically over the undercap, or tilt it at an angle
3. anchor both caps by pinching one thumb under both caps/two fingers over caps
4. raise both caps slightly from head
5. weave long pearl or studded pin or brooch pin through both caps
How to create a snazzy bun or ponytail look whether or not you have hair
1. Pop this on over an under-cap.
2. Pin anchor it off-center in front.
3. Gather the back into a pony tail (high/low).
4. Wrap tail with hair elastic.
5. Tie scarf around snood tail.
6. Wrap scarf ends around elastic banded snood.
7. Tuck or pin ends into bun, and tuck snood tail into the center of the bun.
8. Use another pin if needed.
6. properly pinned, you are good-to-go for the day or evening
Add a contrasting folded scarf over the snood for individualistic style
1. gather excess snood fabric into a rosette at side front.
2. secure rosette in elastic hair band.
3. lay folded overscarf just behind rosette.
4. wrap overscarf around your head, bringing ends around to rosette of secured snood.
5. tie overscarf ends just above rosette.
6. tuck in ties or let hang or secure with a brooch or hidden pin
- position snood on head
- pull excess to front side
- pleat or fold excess
- secure with long straight pin or brooch
Choose Some Snoods, Liners, and a Hat With Selected Sequin Designer Trim
This cap liner comfortably covers a tender scalp. It can be worn alone daily or used as a sleep cap.
Paired with the red snood the liner will protect the irritated scap.