Hair Care for Winter
Winter is not my favorite season of the year especially when you live in Minnesota. Winters can be harsh here, especially for your skin and hair if you don't moisturize much. Not only I have to wear loads of warm clothes to keep myself warm, my skin and hair also become dry and I have to keep applying cream on my skin almost four times a day. When the winter is approaching, I find my hair to be dull, brittle and lifeless not to mention the dandruff too. I am a strong believer in the home remedies . I strongly believe that natural ways can only to make my hair shine and filled with life again without any harmful chemicals. Given below are some easy tips on hair care for winter.
- Keep oiling your hair regularly. It might seem boring but your hair will not become dry soon. I am a big fan of coconut oil. This oil is a versatile oil. You can simply apply it on your hair,body and face. I tend to warm up the coconut oil in microwave a little bit before applying it in the hair.
- If you are a yogurt lover like I am, then apply 2 tsp of yogurt mixed with 1 egg on your head. Wrap it with a towel and wash after 20 minutes.
- Mix one egg with 3 tsp of olive oil and apply on your head. Rinse well after 20 minutes.
- If you do not want to apply egg, then mix honey and almond oil 2 tsp each and apply on head. Honey is also good for the skin , to know more read http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/Glowing-skin-from-honey
- Mix 2 tsp of avocado, 1 tsp of olive oil or any oil you apply on your head and 2 egg yolks and massage softly in your hair. Rinse well after 15 minutes.
- If you are suffering from dandruff, this pack will help you in reducing dandruff, mix ginger juice and lemon juice in equal portion and a few drops of oil and apply on your head softly.
- Mash a ripe banana and mix it with equal proportion of almond oil, olive oil and 2 tsp of yogurt. Apply it in your head and wash after half an hour with warm water.
- In case you are as lazy as I am, follow the hot oil treatment. Like I just mentioned about the coconut oil, however recently I found out that Jojoba oil is also very good for hair. I sometimes mix coconut oil and jojoba oil in 2:1 ratio and apply on my hair.
- Whisk 1- 2 egg (depends on the length of your hair) and apply on your hair. You can add a few drops of the hair oil you use in the mixture. Wash after half an hour.This will help in conditioning of hair. Egg is an excellent conditioner for hair.
- Mix 2 tsp of fenugreek powder with 1/ 2 cup of yogurt. Apply on head and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash with lukewarm water. In case you do not want to apply yogurt, mix 1 egg with the fenugreek powder.To know more on skin care during winters, read http://dipsmi.hubpages.com/hub/Face-packs-for-winter