- Fashion and Beauty
The Best Hair Tips
All the Hair Tips you will ever need
Hair is the ultimate accessory and as it frames your face it is important to keep yours in a healthy beautiful condition, these tips will help you do just that.
An exhaustive list of the best hair tips, from hair styling hair tips, natural hair care tips and budget hair tips, find them all here.
We all want soft, shiny luscious hair, that bounces falls into place and is the picture of health and beauty.
Keep on reading to find out the best hair tips and how you can achieve better hair.
Image source: www.healthylifestyleart.com
Washing your Hair Tips
These hair tips for washing your hair will ensure you get the most out of washing your hair, and preventing the least damage. Use these hair tips to improve your hair washing technique
- Comb your hair through and de-tangle before you start to wash your hair, knots are even more difficult to get out when the hair is wet and can cause breakage
-Apply shampoo to the roots only massaging to create a good lather, then let the shampoo run through the ends to prevent tangling and breakage.
-If you use a lot of hair products use a clarifying shampoo every two weeks to prevent product build up and stop hair going limp and lifeless.
- Apply conditioner from mid-length to the ends avoiding the roots. This prevents an itchy scalp and helps hair from going greasy for longer.
-After washing hair, rinse with cold water. Although when the weather is cold, this isn't the best feeling, it will give your hair incredible shine.
-Never brush hair when it's wet. Instead use a wide comb to gently smooth the hair.
-Be gentle when towel drying hair, instead of rubbing, gently pat. This will prevent breakage.
-Treatments - use a treatment for your once a week. This will help improve the condition of your hair.
- Use the right shampoo and conditioner for your hair type. Whether you hair is greasy or dry the right product will make a difference
- Use lukewarm water. You should never wash your hair very hot water as this can dry out the hair and cause damage
Image source: personal.psu.edu">
Tools for Washing you Hair
Put these hair tips into practice.
Use this sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. Leaves the hair shiny and creates a nice, bouncy volume. If you have never used a sulfate free shampoo before then you may be surprised that this shampoo isn't as easier to lather. But if you use plenty of water then this shouldn't be a problem.
When I first switched to sulfate free, my hair was noticably stronger and shinier.
Use this on your wet hair. If effectively gets rid of knots and doesn't break the hair.
Everyone's favourite hair mask. Leaves hair smooth, shiny and strong, I love the smell of this.
Budget Hair Tips
Hair tips for those on a beauty budget. Use these hair tips to save money and achieve the same results as more expensive products.
-Colour hair yourself. Going to the salon to colour your hair is very pricey, when you can pick up a home colour kit for a fraction of the cost.
- Instead of buying expensive conditioners use olive oil instead. Olive oil is cheap to buy and works better then most store brought products.
-Make sure you are not using too much product. Brush hair through before you wash it so the shampoo will work evenly through the hair.
- Search for DIY hair masks on google. These are easy and cheap to make, just as effective and without the nasty ingredients
Get your Budget Buys here - Put these hair tips into practice!!
Only $9.99 this will last for ages and you ill notice a huge difference in how shiny and smooth hair looks and feels
The hair dye that I personally use :-)
My favourite because it gives a beautiful glossy finish and hair feels nourished and volumised after use.
As this hair dye is a foam it evenly distributes the colour. So know worrying about streaks.
Hair Drying Hair Tips
These hair tips will show you how to get the most out of drying your hair.
- Wait for hair to be 60% dry before you start blow-drying, this will prevent heat damage.
-Always work with small sections of hair. To give you more control and prevent tangling.
-Make sure the first section of your hair is completely dry before you move on to the next section. Otherwise if the hair is still damp then it will frizz and lose it's shape
-Give hair a blast of cool air after applying heat from the blow-dry, to close the cuticle, create shine and this helps your style hold
- Invest in a good hair dryer, choose one that has a variety of heat settings so you can control the amount you need.
- For maximum oomph, lift sections of hair toward the sky as you blow-dry, directing hot air toward your scalp. This "cooks" the roots and dries them in an upright and lifted position.
image source: the-beautiful-news.blogspot.com
The best hair dryer?
Use this hair dryer to create salon worthy results and put our hair tips into action.
I love conair hot tools they are inexpensive and really effective and has several heat settings. The ionic technology helps prevent frizz and promotes shine.
Natural Hair Tips
These natural hair care tips will show you how to achieve better hair in a natural way
- Every day take a hair, skin, nail supplement to keep hair healthy
- Sleep on satin pillowcases prevents hair frizzing and tangling in the night
-Give yourself a scalp massage 3x a week before going to sleep, this will promote growth and help an itchy scalp
- Avoid heat styling as much as possible
- To help with dandruff massage the scalp with coconut oil
- Use DIY hair masks using products from your kitchen.
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet, your hair will improve if it gets the nutrients it needs.
Image source: www.sodahead.com
A book that goes into depth about natural hair care
Hair Styling Tips
Hair tips that will help in styling hair in a variety of ways
- Use hair mousse before styling if your hair normally doesn't hold a style well, this will create more texture and help your style hold better.
- Control flyaways using a hairspray on to the flyaways and immediately brush the flyaways down.
- To create a salon worthy blowout use Velcro rollers, set dry hair in the rolls spritz with hairspray and take out after 20 minutes
- For a long lasting up-do use a ponytail as the base, this will give shape and the style will last for longer.
- Always use a heat protectant when using heat on the hair to prevent damage
- Give your hair a break from styling whenever possible to allow the hairs natural moisture to keep the hair strong
- Use a boar bristle brush. Unlike other types of hair brushes, a boar brush won't cause hair breakage or damage.
- When straightening hair flick up the straighteners at the end to create a pretty curl and add dimension to the hair
-Spray dry shampoo on a bobby pins using to ensure they stay in place
My favourite heat protectant. This one doesn't make my hair greasy or crunchy. It leaves it soft, manageable and much easier to style
For big bouncy volume
Watch these for more Hair Tips
Andrea always gives amazing hair advice.
Annie's hair is perfectly glossy, she says it's down to her healthy lifestyle.