- Fashion and Beauty»
How to Dress Business Casual - Dress for Less
Business Attire for Women at Work
When you want to dress business casual for your job you also want to look professional, look neat and pulled together, look fashionable and in style and you want to dress for less right!? Me too and I've compiled this page to show you the basic wardrobe elements that can help you do just that.
Women in business are realizing that they can look great for work and still be very comfortable at the same time. I used to get dressed up when we first opened our restaurant but, realized that it seemed to make some of my casually dressed customers feel less comfortable so I changed my wardrobe for business casual. It was so much better for everyone.
I've helped my sister recently and a few friends with business attire for a new interview, my coworkers and team at our businesses by creating a dress code policy after researching best tips for work attire and hope these tips help you too. Dress for Less with tips that have your clothing doing double duty.
You'll find basic corporate wardrobe essentials to add to your business casual attire that will fit well, feel comfortable, cover what you should cover up for work, help you to extend your wardrobe, attend a business meeting or after work dinner party and do it all on budget! Plus find our Top Tips for Business Casual Attire to help you get started for back to school for teachers, going on an interview or building a business wardrobe.
(image courtesy of istockphoto.com)
Business Casual Dressing for Less! - Top Fashion Gift Ideas!
Classic, traditional clothing is great for an all important job interview, starting a first job or to get promoted to your dream job.
They rarely go out of style and with just a few accessory pieces, a jacket or new top it's a whole new outfit.
You can't go wrong adding these business casual pieces to your wardrobe.
Use these Top 10 Tips for Business Casual Attire
- Wear Tailored Fitting Clothing - avoid baggy clothing and instead find pieces with seams, darts and are fitted that show off your shape conservatively
- Wear Clean and Pressed Outfits
- Wear Long or Short Sleeves and Avoid Sleeveless Tops and never wear low cleavage tops in the workplace
- Choose Pants or Knee Length Skirts or Suits, Cardigans or Sweater Sets for Business Casual Professional Attire
- Wear Solid Colors to Build a Basic Wardrobe that you can mix and match to create more outfits and extend your wardrobe
- Invest in Quality Clothing that will last much longer, require minimal care
- Wear a Low Pump or 2" Heel and avoid sandals, stilettos and open toed shoes for Business Attire and include socks or pantyhose
- Keep your Jewelry to a minimum such as basic ring, watch and one necklace in silver, gold or pearls
- Keep your Hair and Nails clean, neat, trimmed and well groomed and always cover tattoos for Dressing Business Casual
- Always follow your Workplace Dress Code Policy and Procedure
A boyfriend blazer is a must have in your casual business attire wardrobe and one of the pieces that you'll reach for often.
It's comfortable and classy whether it's worn with jeans, skirts, slacks and even shorts.
Check it out in 30 brilliant colors, get a couple - it's hard to resist!
Dickies Womens Long Sleeve Stretch Poplin Shirt - Available in white, pink, light blue, black or navy
Pair this shirt with a cropped jacket, cascade cardigan or wear alone for business casual attire.
Try adding a Classic Black or White Cascade Cardigan to Business Casual Wardrobes - you'll wear them often! - Long sleeved, lightweight sweater cardigans are pe
Lots of styles and prices to fit your needs
Take our Business Casual Attire Poll!
How Often do you Dress Business Casual?
Dresses are affordable casual work attire that can be dressed down with summer shoes and simple accessories.
They're also great for meetings when you add a jacket and can even take you to that after work dinner meeting with style!
Choose a Classic Pant for Business Casual Attire
Never be out of style!
Fashion styles come and go but a classic womens slacks with flat front or pleated front and trouser leg has been in style for business attire for decades and isn't going away too soon. Having one or two of these pant styles in your wardrobe will help you to always look professional, pulled together and in style as well as can be keys to building a wardrobe that you can mix and match many outfits with.
Dockers Womens Petite Metro Trouser - Super comfortable for work, these slacks are also available in Coffee, Sand and Beachwood colors
A Classic Black Trouser is a must for dressing business casual. These offer a slimming front, petite length and will work with so many other pieces in your wardrobe to help you dress for less.
"Wear a Low Pump or 2" Heel and avoid sandals, stilettos and open toed shoes for Business Attire and include socks or pantyhose"