- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Know How to Treat Sunburn Naturally at Home
What is Sunburn?
Sunburn is primarily a form of ‘radiation’ burn which is known to occur owing to excessive exposure to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. The prime symptom include redness of the skin though in extreme cases it may even lead to fatigue and dizziness too. It can be really troublesome for you. There are luckily various natural home remedies available which can help you get rid of suntan blisters.
What are the Symptoms of Sunburn?
Symptoms of Sunburn Treatment may occur within 24 hours after exposure to the harmful radiations of the sun. Therefore it is always recommended that you need to use a good sunscreen whenever you go out. The skin becomes red and tender. In extreme cases, the burns may even lead to severe swelling, redness and severe pain too. At times, the person may even suffer from fever and nausea.
Interesting Sunburn Facts
- Those who have five or more suntan develop the chance of getting skin cancer.
- Animals too may suffer from burn marks caused by sun.
- You are more likely to be suntanned during mid-day.
- Sunburns also occurs on cloudy days.
- Apply sunscreens before 30 minutes of going out in the sun.
Have You Suffered from Sunburns?
Sunburn Treatment: How to Do
Most important thing to be kept in mind is that you should not scratch or prick the sunburns, rather leave them as it is.
- It is advised to apply a medicated first aid spray on these blisters as often as you can. This is helpful in reducing the pain and itching.
- If you find them to be rupturing then it is best to apply an antibacterial ointment to the blisters. This prevents the infection from spreading to other areas.
- Maintaining proper hygiene is a must, so always wash the area with warm and with a soft towel.
- If you suffer from mild form of sunburn then it is best to apply a aftersunscreen which will cool and moisturise your skin. Buy moisturisers which have aloevera as one of the ingredients.
- It is advised that you should take shower with cold water.
- You need to increase the intake of fluids in your body especially water, juices.
- Take high protein rich food in your diet.
- Whenever you go out in the sun, make sure you are covering your entire body. Prefer to wear a scarf or hat, and wear goggles too.
- You can also apply calamine lotion which too soothes the skin.
Get Relief from Sunburn Fast
Love Body Butter ? This is for You
- How To Use Body Butter to Get Soft Skin
Body butters like shea butter, cocoa butter are known to make your skin soft and shiny. However there are many more benefits of using body butters which you will know in this hub- how it can be used.
Lighten Your Skin Color Now
- Most Effective Ways to Lighten Your Skin Color
If you are desirous of lightening your skin complexion, then these easy to use natural remedies will really be liked by you.Apartf from this, know some of the best lightening products for your skin
How to Treat Sunburn Naturally
Aloe vera: You can apply fresh aloe vera gel on the affected region because it tends to have soothing and anti inflammatory properties.
Lavender Essential Oil: This is an essential oil which not just helps to treat the suntanning but also prevents peeling of the skin too.
Ice and Cold Showers: On a regular routine too in case of any kinds of burns we apply ice to it and the same holds true in sunburns too. Just go out and take a cold shower to help relieve burning sensation.
Yoghurt: You can use natural unsweetened yoghurt on burns caused by sun and get relief since it really cools your skin.
Vinegar: Applying cold vinegar on the affected area too helps in giving relief to the inflammation. Vinegar is known for its antiseptic properties and helps in cooling the skin.
Baking Soda: Baking Soda is antiseptic and works as an exfoliant on the skin. Just mix baking soda with water and with the help of cotton balls apply on the affected region.
Potato Peels: Potato peels not just provides moisture to the skin but also heals the skin because it is known to contain anti bacterial properties.
Milk: Milk is one of the best when it comes to relieving burning sensation caused due to sunburns. It soothes pain and itching too.
Cucumber: You can apply slices of cucumber or else cucumber juice and get relief from redness and inflammation because cucumbers are known to cool down the skin.
Honey: Honey is anti bacterial and can heal pain and wounds.
Vitamin E Oil and Vitamin C: Applying vitamin E oil also helps as it moisturizes your skin and heals too. Vitamin C too is known to prevent suntan. This is so because both of these vitamins acts as antioxidants and help to soothe down the skin.
Are you Suffering From Age Spots, Read on
- How to Use Coconut Oil for Getting Rid of Age Spots Naturally
Coconut Oil for age spots is one of the best natural treatment for age spots, you will also learn about various skin care benefits of coconut oil, it is best homemade treatment for your skin
What you Should Know About Sunburn Treatment:
If the pain and itching persists then you can take anti- inflammatory medication like aspirin and ibuprofen.
- If you are affected area has started showing signs of peeling off, then it is best to use a moisturising cream but only after you have consulted the doctor.
- You should consult doctor if suntan treatment at home does not work or if you find out that these blisters tend to increase to other body parts.
- Before applying any of the medicated creams, make sure to read the instructions given on the label and do not take any of the doses more than recommended.
- If you are pregnant then all the more, it is important to take medicine under doctor’s supervision.
- Keep the blisters open and do not cover them with a tape.
- Don’t wear shoes or blisters which causes rubbing or itching to your body and may aggravate the situation all the more.
- Before and after applying ointment always wash your hands with soap so that the infection does not spread to other areas.
Natural Home Remedies for Ovarian Cysts That Actually Works
- Natural Home Remedies for Ovarian Cysts That Actually Works
Ovarian cysts affect a large number of women, know some of the effective natural and herbal remedies for treatment of ovarian cysts, how diet and exercise can bring a relief to the problem.
9 Natural Home Remedies for Cataract
- 9 Natural Home Remedies for Cataract
Cataract if left untreated may even lead to complete blindness, so it becomes important to counter the same during the initial stages itself with some of the effective natural and home remedies.
Natural Ways to Reduce Body Odor
- Natural Ways to Reduce Body Odor
Know some of the natural ways to reduce body odor, without using deodrants and antiperspirants how you can smell good. You will read about ways in which vinegar, chamomile, baby wipes can help you out