- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
How to Remove Glitter Nail Polish the Easy Way!
I am going to get straight to the point here. If you are like me at all, you may have had some glitter nail polish on for months, perhaps even putting a different polish on top of it just to keep from having to remove it.
Have you tried nail polish remover? Buffers? Scraping and chipping? Yeah, me too. But no more!!!
In a fit of desperation, I thought of pouring all the nail polish remover in the house into bowls and dipping my toes in them to soak. What a waste and how annoying that would be. I considered zip-top baggies, but that was not functional. And then…I had an epiphany! Foil!
- Nail polish remover
- Cotton balls or wipes
- Aluminum foil (any kind, nothing fancy)
- Scissors (if you're extra technical)
- Nails covered in glitter polish
It is so easy once you realize what needs to happen. I thought it was rocket science until the first go-round.
- Tear off pieces of foil large enough to wrap a finger or a couple of toes.
- Soak a cotton ball in nail polish remover.
- Place the cotton ball on the glittery nail.
- Wrap foil around the cotton ball to keep from dripping and losing the cotton ball.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove foil.
- Easily wipe clean!!!
The whole procedure takes about 10 minutes. Totally worth it!
© 2012 Leah Wells-Marshburn