HOW TO SPOT FAKE LACOSTE
How To Spot Fake LACOSTE
This lens is about how you can spot a fake Lacoste shirt and other pirated items. I hope that it helps you not to spend money for fake clothes, perfumes and other products. Be sure to read this lens before buying Lacoste.
First steps of Lacoste
La Chemise Lacoste was founded in 1933 by RenÃ© Lacoste and AndrÃ© Gillier. They began to produce the revolutionary tennis shirt with the crocodile logo embroidered on the chest. In addition to tennis shirts, Lacoste produced shirts for golf and sailing.
The Lacoste brand reached its height of popularity in the US during the late 1970s. The company also began to introduce other products into their line including shorts, perfume, optical and sunglasses, tennis shoes, deck shoes, walking shoes, watches, and various leather goods.
In 2007, Lacoste introduced their very first e-commerce site for the U.S. market.
Some Tips To Determine Whether A Lacoste Shirt Is A Genuine Or Fake
Lets Look At Their Logo
1. Lacoste's famous trademark symbol is its Lacoste crocodile logo patch. This is one of the easiest way to spot a fake. A genuine Lacoste crocodile should be very distinct and should show scales, claws, and teeth. Any variation from this detailed standard should be deemed a fake.
2. Crocodile Alignment - On men's polos, the crocodile is on the left hand side, between the bottom stitching and the second button.
3. Pearl Buttons - Genuine Lacoste polo shirts have real pearl buttons, known as mother of pearl. Since the pearls are naturally found, no two patterns should be the same. Fakes usually have mass produced plastic buttons.
4. Unusually Low Cost - Lacoste is a high end, fairly expensive designer brand. As such, prices are usually high and for good reason since the products are usually of very high quality design and material. If you are only paying $10 for the shirt, your alarm and antennae should be going off.
5. Cloth Material - Genuine Lacoste clothing should be made of 100% soft cotton and neatly threaded. There should be little to no loose threading as is frequently found on shoddy and inferior knockoffs. The cuffs on the sleeves should not appear shredded and the stitching should not come loose only after a few washes.
6. Sizes - Lacoste clothing are sized using numbers, rather than the usual letters or words, e.g. sizes 3, 4 , 5. They do not come in sizes utilizing the words "small", "medium", or "large".
7. Method of Sale and Purchase - Many eBay sellers will insist and claim that their Lacoste products are real and authentic, but 90% of them are either wrong or lying. Unfortunately, even by checking their feedbacks isn't necessarily sufficient to protect you from fakes since many buyers themselves cannot readily distinguish the fakes from the real thing until it is too late. Lacoste does not have factory discount outlets, but sells its products through select distributors at premium prices. Be careful if you decide to buy through an online auction or through an amateur supplier based in Asia as many are the works of scam artists. I highly advise against buying from such shady sources and recommend sticking with more reputable and established shops.
Original And Fake Lacoste Polos
How To Identify A Fake Lacoste Perfume
Fake perfumes, most of the times, cost less than the original ones but other sellers also give high prices and sham the customers. So in order to avoid wasting of money and time, here are some tips in spotting a fake Lacoste Perfume.
1. Spot the difference in Sizes, Color, and Perfume Caps Position ( Original Lacoste perfume is smaller than the fake one ).
2. Examine the Labels ( Geniune Lacoste perfume has a clear and high-quality label ).
3. Be Observant With the Bottle Cap ( The perfume cap of the fake Lacoste is somewhat distorted and is made of aluminum while the original is made of plastic and is firmly attached ).
4. Compare the Spray Nozzles ( The original Lacoste perfume has shorter spray nozzle compared to the fake one ).
5. Always Buy from a Trusted Supplier.
Lacoste Essential Original and Fake - Polish language
This video will help you to recognize fake Lacoste Essential.