- Fashion and Beauty
Ladies Citizen Eco-Drive Watch
Ladies Citizen Eco-Drive Environment Friendly Watch
An eco-drive watch is the right gift for a busy Mom who is also concerned about the environment. Knowing and keeping the time is an important aspect of most busy mothers' schedule. Now Citizen has a range of eco-drive watches which makes use of solar power rather than batteries.
Citizen's Eco-Drive watches receives power from any light source. Since this light can be solar or artificial light, the power supply is continuously replenished.
Light passes through the crystal and is focussed on a specially designed ceramic watch face. The watch face then passes the light through to a solar cell. Here the light is converted into electrical power and stored in special titanium lithium-ion battery.
This type of battery does not suffer degradation from repeated charge and discharge cycles. According to Citizen, the battery will maintain 80% of a charge even after 20 years of continuous usage.
Eco-Drive Dress Watch
Corso Diamond Accented Eco-Drive Watch - Perfect complement to professional dress and formal couture
- Sleekly styled and sparkling with 12 diamonds embedded into the bezel
- The white dial includes silver dotted markers, silver-tone dagger hands (with seconds hand), and a date window
- Scratch-resistant sapphire crystal and water resistance to 30 meters (99 feet), which will protect the watch from rain and accidental splashes.
Eco-Drive Gold Tone Bracelet Watch - Graceful complement to your most stylish couture
- Swarovski crystals encrusted into the round bezel and accent pieces of the bracelet band
- A Mother-of-Pearl dial background, thin gold hands, and a mix of gold dial markers and Roman numerals.
- Stainless steel bracelet is composed of silver stainless steel pieces highlighted by Swarovski crystals against a gold-tone background.
Swarovski is the brand name for a range of precisely cut crystals and related luxury products produced by Swarovski AG of Austria. Daniel Swarovski became skilled in the art of glass cutting when he served as an apprentice in hos father's glass factory. In 1892 he patented an electrical machine that facilitated the production of crystal glass.
In order to create a piece of crystal glass that allows light to refract in a rainbow spectrum, Swarovski coats some of its products with special metallic chemical coatings. Aurora Borealis, or "AB", is one of the most popular coatings, and gives the surface a rainbow appearance.
The Most Important Thing
All Citizen watches purchased Direct from Amazon.com are covered by a comprehensive five-year limited warranty
Eco-Drive Watch For The Sporting Woman
Sport Eco-Drive Watch - Keeps you in style while you play tennis or other sports
- Features a pink dial, date indicator,
- Stainless steel case and bracelet and fold over clasp with push button
- Stainless steel hour indicators and water resistant to 100 meters.
Eco-Drive Watch For The Diver - Perfect for professional divers and avid swimmers
Super water resistant watch withstands water depths up to 984 feet (300 M). Just charge it under an incandescent light for approximately 130 hours for a full charge which will result in a 180 day power reserve without further exposure to light. Daily wear will keep the watch continuously charged.
Continuing on the easily visible theme, the large bezel has a deep black background and a crisp white foreground of Arabic second indexes. The background of the watch face is a handsome black-and-gray waving pattern that complements the striated shape of the strong black rubber band.
- Over sized, crisp white dot hour markers, large hour-and-minute hands
- An easy-to-read luminescent hands and markers.
- A handy buckle securely fastens the band of this must-have diver's timepiece.
- "I bought this watch for my wife as she was looking for something that was casual in styling, durable enough for the rigors of gardening, and waterproof for those trips to the beach. Without a doubt, this watch met all three criteria."
- "I am a daily swimmer and this watch is great! Light weight, not too bulky , slim lined, and keeps great time."
The Citizen Story
A leader in eco-friendly timekeeping
The company was established in 1924. The founding fathers selected the name Citizen so it would be "Close to the Hearts of People Everywhere" and soon after adopted the company's formal name, Citizen Watch Company.
During the last seventy-five years Citizen has expanded its business throughout the world and has achieved recognition as the global brand. The past twenty-five year period has coincided with the company's dramatic rise to its current position as the world's largest watchmaker, a distinction Citizen has held every year since 1986.
Beyond sheer size, Citizen is also recognized as a worldwide leader in advanced technology. From the world's slimmest LCD watch to the first voice recognition watch and the world's first professional dive watch with an electronic depth sensor, Citizen's record of "world's firsts" is unmatched.
More recently, Citizen has staked out a new position as the leader in Ecologically Friendly timekeeping with its Eco-Drives watches that are light powered. With models ranging from dress models to sports models to professional dive watches, Citizen Eco-Drive runs continuously in any kind of natural or artificial light for a lifetime of use. Fueled by light, it never needs a battery.
Stainless Steel Eco-Drive Leather Strap Watch - Simple yet elegant time piece
- A stainless steel case, three-hand function
- Black leather strap.
- "Lovely, feminine, elegant, watch for dressy or daily wear."
- "I love the design of this watch. The band is sturdy and eco drive makes it pretty energy efficient. Stylish!"