Mantilla Wedding Veils
The Mantilla Wedding Veil
Whether or not a woman has Hispanic heritage, she may desire to wear a mantilla wedding veil, edged in lace, that cascades lovingly down over the shoulders. This elegant veil is such a beautiful accessory that frames a bride's face during the wedding ceremony.
A mantilla veil is traditionally made of delicate white or ivory Chantilly lace. In Spanish and Latin cultures, it would be perched on the bride's head anchored by an ornate head comb called a peineta.
While popular in Spain and Latin America, as well as among persons of Latino descent, a mantilla bridal veil may be worn by any bride that wants a traditional or semi-formal style.
If you are looking for a mantilla wedding veil, I have selected a few below for you to take a look at. There are new mantilla veils and vintage mantilla veils. Plus along the way, I'll entertain you will more background and history of this beautiful lace creation called the mantilla veil.
The History of the Mantilla Veil
Black lace mantilla veils were originally worn by the women of Spain's Andalusia region. As Spain had many visitors from Arabia, this may have influenced the custom in the early years. These mantilla veils were worn on special occasions only. As the Spanish explorers brought much of the culture to Central and South America, the mantilla veil made its way to Latin America
Off White Cathedral Length 1Tier Mantilla Veil with Lace Edge
This is a gorgeous 1 tier cathedral length veil with 72in width in fullness with an edge beautifully finished with lace.
* Standard cut design into a soft rounded shape with soft, flowing material allowing perfect draping.
* the edging of the veil runs up the sides and is gathered into the attached silver wire comb which can be contoured to your head shape and pinned if needed.
One Layer Mantilla Wedding Veil by Mariell - Fingertip (32") length
If you are seeking a couture veil with sleek styling coupled with European vintage flair this may be the one
* Sculpted lace border studded with dazzling Crystal Rhinestones.
* Highlighted by an intricate floral applique pattern
* Adorned with Sequins, Pearls and Bugle Beads.
* In your choice of White or Ivory.
* Includes an attached comb.
Would You Wear a Mantilla Wedding Veil?
An Elegant and Dramatic Mantilla Wedding Veil by Mariell - Floor Length (72")
* Make a bold bridal fashion statement.
* Exquisite one layer bridal veil has a fully scalloped embroidered lace border.
* Accented by scattered pearls and sequins
* Includes a sewn in comb.
* In your choice of White or Ivory.
When Do Women Wear the Mantilla Veil?
Spanish women still wear mantillas during the special times and occasions of bullfights, weddings, and Holy Week (the week leading up to Easter). If a woman is fortunate enough to have an audience with the Pope, she might wear a black mantilla veil by tradition.
Outside of Spain, while a white wedding mantilla is appropriate for a church wedding, it can be worn at other wedding ceremony locations. It should still, however, coordinate with bride's wedding gown and the theme or type of wedding. At a beach wedding, for example, a bride would probably not choose a mantilla veil but something much simpler if she wears a veil at all.
Vintage Mantilla Wedding Veils
These are vintage mantilla veils on eBay today
Spanish Mantilla 1907 by George Wesley Bellows - Giclee Print - click image to purchase
Mantilla Veil Hairstyles
- Wedding Hairstyles with a Mantilla Veil at eHow
"A simple wedding updo, loose "down-do" or braided style accentuates the shape and detail of a mantilla veil."