Minimalist Wardrobe for Women (Part I)
For a number of reasons, since the early 1990’s, there has been a real and growing interest in minimalism as a way of life, part of which includes creating a minimalist wardrobe.
Some of the reasons are as follows:
- For some people it is a lifestyle choice, perhaps as a reaction against the mass consumption of the past few decades and a concern for the environment.
- For others it has been forced upon them. As a result of the current global economic crisis, they have had to scale back their lifestyles.
- Life can sometimes be complicated and fast paced and some people are choosing to live slower pace of life and enjoy the moment.
- Some people live a minimalist way of life for spiritual reasons.
Whatever the reason, an interest in minimalism has also led to a growing interest in minimalist clothes and creating a minimalist closet.
It is interesting that minimalist clothes and a minimalist wardrobe means different things to different people.
- For some people minimalism means wearing clothes (either mass produced or by an expensive designer label) that are very simple and minimalist in design and colour.
- For others, it is about reducing the overall number of possessions they own, which includes clothing.
- For others, it is about a wish to dress in a simple yet chic way and as a result there has been a growing interest in how French women dress, which is essentially minimalist, basing their wardrobe on a small handful of 8-10 items of good quality clothing that mix and match, and using accessories to look chic.
- For some it is another fashion trend to be followed.
- Others, such as Gandhi, choose to wear very simple clothes as an expression of living a spiritual life rather than a worldly one.
I think before anyone embarks on creating a minimalist closet, it is an interesting exercise to ask yourself why you want to do it.
The answer you come up with will be really interesting, insightful and unique to you.
Not only will it give you a clue as to the type of minimalist closet you want to create, it will also give you a clue about the type of lifestyle you wish to live.
I am interested in finding out why women would like to create a minimalist wardrobe and would be grateful if you took part in the following survey. I will use the results to write Part 2 of this article.
What is the number one reason you would like to create a minimalist wardrobe?
* * * Update September 2012* * *
Thank you for taking part in this survey. If you are reading this, please continue to take part as I am still interested in why women would like to create a minimalist wardrobe and what it means to them.
From the above results of the survey, it currently appears that the majority of women (35%) are looking to not only declutter their wardrobes but also to have less possessions in other areas of their lives too.
Thje second largest group ( %) are hoping to create a minimalist wardrobe that is chic and stylish as created by French women.
I have written other articles on these subjects which you may be interested to read:
I have a blog called Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe which you may like to read and follow.
You may also enjoy my other Hubpages articles on Minimalism:
For readers who are interested in creating a chic French Minimalist Wardrobe:
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE?
Join me and thousands of people from all around the world and write articles (Hubs) with Hubpages - an American company and start to earn passive income every month.
I live in England and joined three years ago and so far have 50 articles (Hubs), all written in my spare time. They earn me passive income every month. Some Hubbers have hundreds, even thousands of articles.
How does it work?
Hubpages provides the facility for you to write and publish articles online. They put adverts on the page which earn you money every month. Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it has the potential to earn you passive income every month for years.
What can I write about?
- Creative writing - such as short stories and poetry
- Product reviews
- Any subject you like. Examples include travel, hobbies, money, relationships, child-care, history, art, politics, fashion, technology etc
How much can I earn?
Hubpages puts adverts on our articles and we earn money every time someone reads the article - between US$3 to $8 per 1000 views. My average hubs are viewed/ read by about 30 people a day, my most popular hubs are read by 100 people a day. If you do the maths, you will see that a popular Hub, read 100 times a days, earns between US$110 to US$290 a year, and will continue to do so every year. Last year my hubs generated enough passive income to pay for my summer holiday and are on track to do the same again this year and every year.
How long does it take to write an article / Hub?
Some articles take me a couple of hours to write, others may take up to 5 hours to write. On average, I write one article a week. Many Hubpage members write more, some write less.
How much will it cost me?
- Nothing. Hubpages is FREE to join. You share your earnings with them. You keep 60%, they keep 40%. They want you to earn and make it easy for you.
It sounds too good to be true, where's the catch?
The catch is that you need to write good quality articles on subjects that enough people want to read about and make them easy to find on the internet.
How do I do this?
It is really easy when you know how. When you think about a topic you may want to write about, do the following:
- Think about some key phrases related to the subject.
- As an example, say you want to write a chicken curry recipe hub. Some connected phrases may be "How to cook a chicken curry", "Chicken Curry Recipe", "Recipe for Chicken Curry", "Easy Chicken Curry Recipe", "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe" - you get the idea..........
- Use the online "Adsense Keyword Tool". It is provided by Google and is free to use.
- To find it, simply type in Adsense Keyword Tool into search.
- Type in all of your phrases. The keyword tool will then tell you how many people a month are typing in these phrases.
- Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month.
- As an example, say you notice that 3000 people a month search for "How to cook a chicken curry" compared to only 500 who search for "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe".
- You call your article the most searched for phrase - "How to cook a chicken curry"
- Include this phrase into both the title and the content of your hub.
- Your article now stands a good chance of appearing on the first page of the Search Engines search results page, being clicked on and read.
What you are doing is finding out exactly what people want, the exact phrases they are typing into the search engines to find it, and writing articles that give them what they are looking for. You make it easy for them to find your article by using their search phrase in your title and content.
Give people what they are looking for and you will make money.
How else can I earn with Hubpages?
- Sell E-Bay and Amazon Products on your Hubs and earn commission.
- Encourage a friend to join Hubpages and receive 10% of their earnings
Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it will earn you money every day for years. That is passive income.
If I can do it, so can you.
Follow these six easy steps to join hubpages and start earning:
I recommend writing them down so you know what to do.
- Join Hubpages, the link is below, then.....
- Activate the Hubpages Earnings Programme to allow adverts to be shown on your account.
- Set up a PayPal Account. Hubpages pay your earnings into this account. If you already have one, this can be used.
- Think of a subject for your first "Hub .
- Search for and use Adsense Keyword Tool (It is a free to use tool.) Type in a few key phrases related to the topic of your hub. Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month and include this phrase in the title and content of your hub.
- Write and publish your first "Hub".
Remember, it is FREE to join, so you have nothing to lose. If thousands of other people around the world can make a passive income online with Hubpages, so can you.
To join Hubpages and start making money Click Here . Good Luck