My Charm Bracelets
Charm Bracelets Show Milestones and Make Great Gifts
I have three charm bracelets that I have gotten at different points in my life. Charm bracelets can tell so much about your life so I am using my bracelets to tell my story.
This lens will introduce you to Mary Beth aka mbgphoto by looking at the charms on my bracelet. I hope you enjoy hearing about my bracelets. Just for fun, I've added a quiz module at the end to test what you've learned. Be sure to stop by a leave me a note. I always love to hear from my readers.
Charm Bracelets make great gifts!! Do you have someone special to give a charm or bracelet for the holidays!
photos by mbgphoto
Start your own Charm Bracelet - sterling silver charm bracelet
Have you been wanting to start a charm bracelet for yourself or someone else? This beautiful sterling silver bracelet would make a wonderful charm bracelet.
Charm Bracelet for my Early Years - teens and twenties
This charm bracelet was started when I was about 15 year old. The charms were added through my high school days and into the time when I was a young mother in my twenties.
Here are the charms listed in the order they are on the bracelet and a few notes on what they represent.
1. Sweet 16--to celebrate my birthday
2. New Orleans Light Post- where my husband and I visited for our 1st anniversary
3. Horseshoe with Amethyst- my birthstone
4. Drama symbol- gift from a high school friend
5. Lutheran North Pennant- my high school
6. Photo of Baby- Our daughter Linda
7. Church- church has always been a big part of my life
8. University of Missouri St. Louis - where I attended my 1st year of college
9. Astrodome- vacation we took the year after we were married
10. Hat and Diploma- celebrating my high school graduation
11. Liberty Bell- Vacation we took two years after we were married
12. White House- Vacation I took with my parents and siblings before I was married
13. Engagement Ring- gift from my soon to be mother-in-law when I became engaged
14. Candy Cane-gift one Christmas
15. Palm Tree- vacation during my teen years with my family
16. Mount Vernon- vacation during my teen years with my family
Sterling Silver Bracelet and Charms - a great gift for yourself or others
Do you know someone who would love a charm bracelet? Below I am recommending a charm bracelet and a few starter charms. Of course you will want to make sure you tailor the charms to fit the personality of the person receiving the gift.
If you are giving a charm bracelet for Christmas this tree would make a great first charm.
This silver baby shoe would be a perfect charm for a new mother.
Here is a great charm for the graduate.
This charm is perfect for anyone who love music.
Second Charm Bracelet - charms for a young mother
This charm bracelet was given to me on my 21st birthday along with the 21 charm. It has a charm for our 5th anniversary given to me by my husband and engraved with our names on the back. There is one charm bought on a vacation to New York City and the rest of the charms are from the years when our two children were small.
There is a charm with each child's birthdate and several photo charms of the children, Linda born in 1971 and John born in 1974.
This charm bracelet is gold colored and during those years I wore mostly gold jewelry.
Charm Bracelet for my Golden Years
This charm bracelet was started for me by my daughter soon after her first child was born. The charms on this bracelet represent my life from age 54 till the present.
The first charm is a silhouette of a little girl for my 1st granddaughter, Rachel.
The next charm that was added was a photo frame charm that I use to put in a photo of my youngest grandchild.
The third charm added was my 2nd granddaughter, Ella.
The fourth charm added was a diploma to celebrate my graduating from college at age 57.
The fifth charm was added just sixth months later and it is a palm tree to celebrate my retirement.
The sixth charm added is a lighthouse. One of my favorite retirement hobbies is photographing lighthouses.
The most recent charm added is for my 3rd granddaughter Kate.
Since this writing I have added another charm for my newest granddaughter, Emily.
Eiffel Tower - silver charm
Charms are a great way to remember travels. This charm would be a great reminder of Paris.
Sterling Silver Butterfly Charm - great addition to charm bracelet
I volunteer at the Butterfly House so this charm would make a great addition to my current bracelet. Charms can tell about things that you like to do or places you work.