- Fashion and Beauty»
Plus Size Vampire Costumes
"Blood of My Blood"
Since I first saw Frank Langella play Dracula I have been infatuated with vampires.
Unfortunately female vampires have always been depicted in the role of the loyal underling who usually meets an untimely death thanks to the hero.
Today, female vampires can be whatever we want them to be and there are many different styles of costumes to inspire our would be character.
This lens highlights the best vampire costumes and where to buy them online.
How Do You Like Your Vampires?
How Do You Like Your Vampires?
The Most Important Thing
When comparison shopping look at both price of costume and shipping costs. One company may have a good price while the shipping is high and another company may have an OK price and better shipping.
From Buy Costumes
This online costume company has the largest assortment of styles for plus size vampire costumes for those who want to dabble in costume attire as well as those who might want to get into some role playing. Here are five of my favorites (left to right):
- Immortal Seductress Adult Plus Costume, $40
- Vampiress Of Versailles Adult Plus Costume, $230
- Vampiress Elite Collection Adult Plus Costume, $100
- Elvira Adult Plus Costume, $60
- Queen of Darkness Adult Plus Costume, $43
From Costume Super Center
This online costume super center has a few different styles to choose from but here are five of my favorites (left to right):
- Deluxe Black Velvet w/ Purple Satin Adult Cape, $29
- Women's Corpse Countess Adult Costume, $175
- Gothic Vampiress Adult Plus Costume, $95
- Victorian Vampiress Adult Plus Costume, $25
- Adult Deluxe Hooded Dress Plus Size Costume, $33
From Costume Craze
This online company has a few of the shared styles but also carries a few unique ones; although overall the selection is smaller. Here are five of my favorites (left to right):
- Plus Size Vampire Costume, $57
- Plus Size Voluptuous Vampire Costume, $21
- Plus Size Scarlet Vampire Costume, $48
- Plus Size Royal Vampire Costume, $55
- Vampire Vixen Plus Size Costume, $34
From Halloween Costumes
This company is new to me this year and I am encouraged by what they have to offer overall. Here are five of my favorite plus size vampire costumes (left to right):
- Vampire Cape, $16
- Plus Mistress of the Darque Costume, $57
- Plus Size Gothic Vampire Costume, $44
- Plus Size Gothic Rag Doll Costume, $35
- Plus Hooded Gown, $27
From Star Costumes
While this company had the smallest selection of plus size costumes, each were different from any I had seen elsewhere. There were only five and I liked all of them (left to right):
- Midnight Mistress Vampire Plus Adult Costume, $47
- Blood Queen Plus Adult Costume, $49
- Vampiress Plus 3XL Adult Costume, $50
- Lady Von Blood Plus Adult Costume, $45
- Blood Vampiress Plus Adult Costume, $40
Why I Tend to Favor Buy Costumes
If you have looked at a few of my lenses you will notice I tend to favor Buy Costumes. Here is a list of reasons why:
- Overall selection of style for plus size costumes.
- Large range of sizes that actually fit plus size.
- More plus sizes over "one size fits most" or "queen size".
- Promotions throughout the year.
- Balanced pricing for costumes and shipping.
Ideas to Complete Your Transformation
There are so many different possibilities for vampires I wanted to give you a different array of make-up ideas to play before you made your final decision. I scoured YouTube and these are some of my favorite. Some are easy while other require a little more skill or practice. All are fun.
Five Favorite Vampire Movies
Be inspired by watching some of the hottest vampires movies of all time before you dress up.
Thank you for visiting. I hope you found the costume you were looking for. Before you go please take a minute to tell us your favorite vampire movie.