- Fashion and Beauty
Raw Shea Butter
Shea Butter makes your skin feel so amazing. I was looking for some unrefined Shea Butter to use in a Cold Process Soap recipe. I am new to soap making and all I really ever wanted was to create fabulous bars of soap with my favorite ingredient, "Shea Butter". Luxurious and healthy, rich in vitamins this is one butter your body will crave over and over again.
When I received my , I immediately opened it to check it out. The packaging was nicely done with the Shea Butter tightly seal in a plastic bag within the organic kraft paper like pouch. The color was totally natural, an off white and the smell was great. The butter felt wonderful between my fingers. Raw Unrefined Organic Shea Butter
In case your wondering what is the difference between refined and unrefined, the refined Shea Butters are more white in color and are odorless. I suspect this is due to the way the product is refined. However, I love the off white color and slight aroma of the Shea Butter. It is simply natural. And just the right ingredient to add to my Luxurious soap recipe.
Also included with your purchase of this Shea Butter are some lotion recipes and healthy all natural Shea Butter uses. This document is in a PDF format and you will be able to request it after your purchase. I look forward to creating the Shea Butter Lotion recipe which was included. My skin will most likely thank me for it.
As far as my soap goes...It is still in the curing process so I have not yet gotten to test it out. But it looks awesome and I am counting down the days. I have a feeling that my soap is going to be perfect, Thanks to this Raw Unrefined Shea Butter.
Shea Coconut Body Butter
- Prep time: 25 min
- Ready in: 25 min
- 1 Cup Raw Unrefined Shea Butter
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- Optional: Essential Oil of your choice
- Optional: 1/2 Cup of Almond Oil
- Measure 1 Cup of Raw Shea Butter and place in double broiler.
- Add 1/2 Cup of Coconut Oil to double broiler and melt oils slowly and mix together.
- Chill for 20 minutes in refrigerator so the oils solidify.
- Whips until the Shea and Coconut oils are creamy and fluffy.
- Add Essential Oil if want.
- Continue mixing, this should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes of whipping to achieve the proper consistency
- When you have reached that fluffy awesome texture and it looks good enough to eat, it is time to slather some on and enjoy.
- I like to package my body butter in a vintage glass jars or wreck jars and keep it in my bathroom so I can apply it often.
- *Optional: You can add 1/2 cup of Almond oil to the mix. Simply add the Almond oil to the other oils and melt.
Thanks so much for reading my review on this fabulous Raw Shea Butter. I hope you decide to make some whipped Shea Body Butter or maybe some Shea Lotion. This is an excellent product and you will not be disappointed. Your skin will Thank You.