Reinventing Your Old T-Shirts
Tired of all those old t-shirts sitting in your closet? Here's how to reinvent them and turn your old wardrobe into a stylish fashion statement.
- The first step is cutting off the sleeves. All you do is cut around the inside of the seams on both sleeves. You can cut right at the seam or get a little crazy and make the arm holes bigger.
- The next step is cutting the neckline.
- There are two different ways you can cut the neckline. You can either create a circle neckline or v-neck.
- The circle neckline is pretty simple. All you do is cut around the inside of the same around the neckline. Once again have fun with this step. Cut as much or as little as you like.
- To make a v-neck tank top, there is the slightest bit more work involved. First decide how low you want the neckline.
- On the inside of the shirt, measure the length of the shirt from seam to seam to underneath the arms.
- At the midway point, make a mark at the correct depth for the neckline.
- Next measure along the seam from the neckline to the arm seam. Mark halfway between on each side.
- Connect these points to the mark along the lower portion of the neckline.
- Cut the V out.
- Then, cut from the marks on the seams between the shoulders along the back of the neckline. Once again, cut as much or as little as you want.
There you have it!!! Now you have a trendy comfortable tank top instead of that old t-shirt! Enjoy!