- Fashion and Beauty»
Sexy Nursing Night Gowns
Pretty, Sexy, Nursing Night Gowns for New & Expectant Moms
Moms of nursing babies know how hard it is to get some sleep many nights. Nursing moms often have to wake up and feed a nursing baby every 2-3 hours in the newborn days. As babies get older the feeding schedule gets easier but still, nursing moms are on demand all hours of the night! But hey, the breastfeeding bond and knowing that you are feeding your baby the BEST food makes it all worth it. Still, anything that makes the job easier is welcome and that is why nursing gowns and pjs are so popular. We want to make breastfeeding as easy as possible and the convenient openings in nursing gowns make feeding on the fly... a snap.
Have you seen some of the maternity gowns on the market though? Many of them are just plain hideous, flattering as a pillowcase, and looking frumpy all the time is going to take its toll. New moms already feel self conscious after all the changes their body has gone through so they don't need unflattering clothes too.
To help you feel confident as a new mom you need a nursing gown that not only fits well and allows you to breastfeed with ease but that makes you feel good about yourself. Who needs to feel frumpy after they gave birth? This is especially so if you already liked to wear lacy, slightly frilly lingerie in your pre-baby days.
This lens was created to highlight some comfortable yet sexy, stylish, and pretty nursing gowns for the new mama. Look good and feel good too. You deserve it!
Photo Source: Amazon.com
Many Options in Nursing Gowns
Some of the options you have in openings include:
- All around - In these nightgowns, you lift the top but there is another top underneath so that all you have to do is use a side opening in the part of the top wrapped around you.
- Built-in bra - These have a bra built into the gown as the name suggests so that you don't have to wear a nursing bra at the same time to prevent any leakage from making the front of your nightgown wet.
- Button enclosure - A button enclosure enable you to lift a flap over the breast area so that you can nurse your baby and still feel as if you are clothed.
- Two Piece Look - Some nursing nightgowns look as if you are wearing a short jacket over the main part of the gown.
- Inverted pleat - Simply unfolding a few of the pleats in the front of the gown will expose your breast to the nursing baby.
- Drop Front - In this style you unfasten the top layer of the gown to access the openings hidden underneath.
What you need to look for when buying a gown to wear when you are nursing is one that fits comfortably when you are pregnant and almost ready to deliver. This gown will be quite comfortable to wear in the hospital and at home and will adapt to the shrinking size of your stomach. Most of the gowns on the market today for nursing mothers are designed so that you can wear them to bed or for lounging around on the couch and receiving visitors.
You will be able to find these gowns in department stores, but the selection may be limited. The best shopping experience is online where you have numerous retail locations to choose from. Browse the selection you find and choose from a variety of colours, sizes and styles. Check the shipping charges associated with each site you visit as some may have lower or no charges for shipping.
The convenience of shopping online saves you the time of actually shopping at a location. Your choices are almost limitless because you can shop at locations in another state or even in another country. You can sit down at your computer with your cup of coffee or milk and shop in comfort without having to leave the house. Your order is shipped directly to your door. You do need to check the refund policy of the online retailer just in case what you receive is not exactly what you thought it would be or if it doesn't fit you comfortably.
Empire Waist Gown
* Pack this ultra soft nightgown in your hospital bag!
* Empire openings offer utmost discretion: lift the outer fabric to access two nursing openings in the underlayer
* Light shirring on the cap sleeves
* Soft 94% rayon/6% spandex blend
Belabumbum Lotus Lace Black Maternity/Nursing Nightgown
Belabumbum solves the cute nightie dilemma. Belabumbum's soft chemise nighgown is perfect when expecting and the straps pull down for nursing access. Stylish and soft. Black with ivory lace accents. Pair with the Lotus Lace Kimono Robe.
* 72% nylon, 28% lycra
* Exclusive StrapKeep supports breasts without obstructing nursing access
* Ultra-soft fabric wicks moisture away and will not fade or pill
* Machine wash cool or hand wash, line dry
* Made in USA
I Dream of Sushi
The 100% cotton fabric is absolutely amazing and a million times better than the paper gown you'll be handed at triage. The ties are strategically placed so that fetal monitors and iv cords. The back is low for epidural placement without being to revealing (but let's face it childbirth is revealing. This gown is not suited for nursing due to the ties that are featured on the front of the gown.
Essential loungewear for any new mom in soft 100% cotton.