- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Buy Sunblock for Black People
Many African Americans are under the assumption that they don’t need sunblock because they won’t get sunburned due to their darker pigmentation. In fact, the color black can range from light brown to very dark. The lighter the skin, the more likely it will be burnt under the sun. But no matter what color of your skin, it is very important to use sunblock for black people to protect against the ultra violet rays.
If you don’t use sunscreen for blacks, you will be more prone to skin cancer, premature aging, and burns. You should always protect your skin no matter if it’s sunny or rainy. The SPF that you should look for is at least 30. Try to find sunblock for African Americans which are oil free and offers protection from the broad spectrum. This means you are protected from all types of UV rays.
Other things you should do to avoid getting sunburned is to cover yourself up. Wear long sleeved shirts and pants. Also wear a hat that shields your face. Most importantly, you should try to stay out of the sun as much as possible. The sun is hottest and brightest during noon time. Stay indoors during that time.
For your reference here are some sunblocks which you can try. Be sure you research all the sunblocks and find out that’s right for you.
Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock
- Two 3-ounce tubes of SPF-55 broad-spectrum UVA-UVB sun protection (6 total ounces)
- With patented Helioplex, which helps prevent damaging UVA rays from penetrating deep under skin's surface
- Dry-Touch technology absorbs excess sunscreen oils, leaving a clean, lightweight, non-shiny finish
- Non-comedogenic (won't clog pores), waterproof, sweatproof, oil free, PABA free
Coppertone Sport SPF 30 Continuous Spray Clear
- Coppertone SPF 30 Sunblock Lotion provides UVA/UVB Protection
- Helps prevent sunburn, higher SPF gives more sunburn protection
- Helps Prevent Premature Skin Aging; Contains Parsol 1789 for Extra UVA Protection; Won't Clog Pores or Cause Breakouts.