- Fashion and Beauty
Free Tattoo Sketches and Tattoo Sketch Ideas
Free Tattoo Ideas for your Tattoo Design!
Your decision for a permanent tattoo takes some thought. Permanent means permanent and unless you want to be scarred later by needing to remove something you don't like, you should make the correct decision from the beginning. Tattoos are not for everyone but they can be beautiful works of art. Your decision should not be influenced by peer pressure or by wandering into a Tattoo Parlor after too much Tequila.
This website contains many tattoo sketch ideas, compiled from several different areas of the internet and other sources. You can look at sketches from the 1700's to the present day.
Good luck in your decision to get a tattoo and we hope that these resources help you in that decision!
These tattoo design images have been collected from various newsgroups and public domain sources, and all are believed to be free of copyright. If you find an image within this collection that is not free for distribution, please contact us with this information, and we will either remove the image, or credit its author. I hope you enjoy this website and please leave some comments at the bottom of the page. Thanks for visiting!
Why I like Tattoo Design
Tattoos have been around for hundreds of years!
I have always loved art. Tattoos have been around for hundreds of years and while they were not popular in the USA, they were popular in other parts of the world. In Asian cultures, there were some pretty intricate designs. In investigating tattoo design, I discovered some very old images, in the Public Domain that I thought you might enjoy. Most people only want a tattoo for their bodies, but there are numerous people, myself included, that are also interested in the history of tattooing and tattoo design. I hope you are as interested in this art as I am and hope you enjoy this website!
How to Pick a Tattoo Design that is Right for You
Some tips from those who have learned from their mistakes!
Getting a tattoo today has become a very popular concept among all types of people, especially the fashion conscious. Before tattooing, selection of your favorite designs is a difficult process. There are so many designs to choose from that the potential tattoo owner can get easily confused. Selection of the design should be a thorough and well thought out process because once inked, a tattoo cannot be removed easily. Here are a few tips to help you select the perfect tattoo design:
1) Make sure you select your own tattoo design. Your decision is the most important thing in this case since you are the one that needs to live with it.
2) Select a design that has a meaning to you. Every design has a different meaning. Do your research!
3) Some tattoo artists can draw the design on your body before inking it permanently. Please consider "trying out the car before you buy it." If they won't draw on you ahead of the time, ask for a printout to cutout and place on the location of the proposed tattoo. Sometimes, advanced tattoo artists can render a temporary tattoo from a computer that you can place on your skin, sort of like the old temporary tattoos we all had when we were kids.
4) Make sure you artist is an expert. You can tell by the cleanliness of the parlor as well as the tattoos that the artist has on himself/herself.
Ensure you know if you want a traditional or conventional design and if you want a certain font or lettering, decide that before you arrive to get the tattoo.
5) The design should complement the part of the body where the tattoo is being inked. Some colors may also clash with your skin tone so remember these things when planning your design!
GOOD LUCK and CONGRATULATIONS on making the correct decisions in designing your tattoo!! If you have decided on getting a tattoo, it is something that you will enjoy for the rest of your life!