- Fashion and Beauty
Top 10 Best Bikini Razors and Bikini Trimmers
Plus, the Best Way to Shave Your Bikini Area!
If you're prone to itchy red razor-burn bumps, shaving your bikini area can be a big problem. But don't give up. You might be able to get the smooth bikini area you desire by changing your approach.
Instead of shaving with a regular razor, you could try a precision bikini trimmer. This cuts hair down to a very fine stubble. With practice, you can get it to where it's barely even noticeable.
Or an electric razor might be right for you. An electric bikini shaver will trim your bikini area down to a neat stubble without causing razor burn.
You might just be using the wrong bikini razor. Or you might be shaving wrong. Keep reading to find out!
Below I've listed the top 10 bikini razors and bikini trimmers available. They've all been proven and reviewed by real people like you and me. You might just find your perfect bikini shaver here! And don't forget to read my step-by-step guide for how to shave your bikini area.
Some products are available in just the US and some are available in both the US and UK.
How Do You Prefer Your Bikini Area?
Do you prefer it to be...
The Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper and Trimmer (Available in USA and UK)
#1 Best Bikini Trimmer
This is the absolute top-rated bikini trimmer! The Panasonic ES246AC Bikini Shaper and Trimmer is for those who would rather be nicely trimmed (this trimmer won't shave you bare). At just 1 inch wide, it will easily navigate your bikini zone, while its rounded corners add comfort. Its adjustable head allows you to choose your length, from 1/8" to 5/8". If you decide to do a little shaping, just pop the head off for a closer trim.
This works off two AA batteries and includes an order form for spare parts (so you don't have to order the whole thing when all you need is a new head or something).
It also includes a one-year warranty.
Panasonic Close Curves Wet/Dry Ladies Shaver
#2 Best Bikini Shaver
The Panasonic Close Curves Wet/Dry Ladies Shaver has many reasons for being one of the best-selling bikini razors on the market. It boasts the sharpest blades available on any ladies' electric shaver. It features a bikini trimmer attachment and a pop-up trimmer to remove stray hairs. Its pivoting head adjusts to give you the closest shave, even on your curviest parts. The wet/dry ability lets you use it as a dry shaver or in the shower as a wet shaver. Although you won't get the same "smooth" results you get from a razor, this is the closest you'll get without worrying about ingrown hairs and razor burn.
This works off a charger, with one charge lasting 12 hours.
It's fully submersible in water.
Schick Quattro Trimstyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer (Available in USA and UK)
#3 Best Bikini Razor and Bikini Trimmer
There's one reason so many users love the Schick Quattro Trimstyle Razor and Bikini Trimmer: It does everything from trimming to shaping to shaving, and all with just one tool! The adjustable comb lets you choose between three lengths when trimming, or can be removed completely for delicate shaping. Then the four blades will shave you smooth as can be.
This trimmer runs on one AAA battery, is waterproof, and uses disposable cartridges.
Cleancut T-Shape Personal Shaver (Available in USA and UK)
#4 Best Bikini Shaver
This is also one of the top-rated trimmers on the market. The Cleancut T-Shape Personal Shaver is a simple trimmer for those who want a near-smooth trim without shaving. It's not adjustable, so the only trim this will give you is an extremely close one. It's small enough to be able to shape with precision and works with other areas too (such as eyebrows). It works best when used with baby powder.
Works off one AA battery.
Comes with a one-year parts and labor guarantee.
Braun Silk-epil FG 1100 Bikini Styler (Available in USA and UK)
#5 Best Bikini Styler
This little trimmer is perfect when you want to do some detailed shaping. It even includes 10 stickers to help you out with shapes. The Braun Silk-epil FG 1100 Bikini Styler includes a T-shaped head for trimming, two combs for choosing your length (5mm and 8mm), and a high-precision head for delicate shaping.
Clio Palmperfect Cordless Shaver
#6 Best Bikini Trimmer
The Clio Palmperfect Cordless Shaver can be used for either a wet or a dry shave. Its dual outer blades trim hair down to a super fine stubble without pulling or jerking out hair (like some other electric shavers do), while the foil shaver in the middle gives you the smoothest shave you can get without actually shaving. It won't get a razor-smooth shave, but it'll get close. Its small size fits perfectly in the palm of your hand and makes it the ideal size for navigating the many curves of the bikini area.
This trimmer works with two AA batteries, is water resistant, and comes in many colors and designs.
Conair Satiny Smooth Wet/Dry Shaver
#7 Best Bikini Trimmer
The Conair Satiny Smooth Wet/Dry Shaver features two full-size trimmers and a pop-up bikini trimmer to cut hair down to an acceptable length. Then the two floating cutters and foils shave closer than most people expect, but without causing razor burn or itching. It can be used wet or dry and the kit includes a little brush for easy cleanup.
This trimmer uses a charger instead of batteries. Each charge lasts about 25 minutes.
Cleancut ES412 Personal Shaver (Available in USA and UK)
#8 Best Personal Shaver
This is best used after trimming your hair to stubble length. The Cleancut ES412 uses an interior rotating blade covered with a foil head to get almost as close as a razor. It makes even the darkest hairs disappear. While it's not the best one for complicated designs, it can be used for simple shaping, such as a landing strip. You'll need to use baby powder to get the closest shave possible.
Works with one C battery.
Panasonic ES2291D Ladies Wet/Dry Shaver (Available in USA and UK)
#9 Best Bikini Razor and Bikini Trimmer
The Panasonic ES2291D Ladies Wet/Dry Shaver features a bikini trimmer attachment and a pop-up detail trimmer for shaping. It can be used wet or dry, and the non-slip rubber grip ensures it won't slip out of your hand while you're in the shower. It doesn't shave as closely as the others, but it's virtually nick-free and offers an easy on-the-go solution.
Works with two AA batteries.
Philips Bikini Perfect Trimmer (Available in USA and UK)
#10 Best Bikini Razor and Trimmer
This bikini trimmer/razor may be last on this list, but I think it's a rising star. The Philips Bikini Perfect Trimmer is another all-in-one tool that can be used to trim, shape, and shave your delicate area. The precision trimmer trims your hair down to an almost unnoticeable length. The precision comb lets you choose between five different lengths (in case you're just wanting a trim). And the micro shaver lets you shave any stubble the trimmer leaves behind.
It can be used wet or dry, and its rechargeable battery lasts for up to 60 minutes per charge.
How to Trim Your Bikini Area
One thing's for certain, we all want our pubic area to look sexy for our mate (or potential mate!). But that doesn't always mean you have to be completely clean shaven. Keeping it nicely trimmed can also be sexy.
Here are my step-by-step directions for how I keep my bikini area trimmed. You'll also notice that I add my advice on how to avoid making a mess.
- Trimming your pubic hair always starts with the same thing: baby powder. Baby powder ensures that the entire area is dry (because any sort of wetness will cause your hair to be pulled. Yikes!). To keep from creating a huge baby powder mess on the floor, I stand over a garbage can to apply it. I've found that sprinkling it on my hand and then patting my hand over the entire area is the best way to get complete coverage.
- Back to avoiding making a mess. When you're trimming, you'll have a bunch of hair falling down, so it's best to either make it fall somewhere that you won't have to mess with it, or to lay something down that will catch it all. You can either stand over a garbage can, sit on the toilet or lay down a towel. Sitting or standing is a personal choice, whatever you're most comfortable with.
- Choose your length. My advice is to try to keep it under a quarter inch. The most important trimming advice I can give you is this: Make sure to use the right attachment! Seriously! There have been times I've wanted a slightly longer trim but used the wrong attachment and ended up going closer than I wanted.
- Now, starting at the top, trim down, then left, then right. Do the whole front area before you start between your legs. Pay special attention to the edges. I always seem to leave 2 or 3 stray hairs there :(
- Between the legs is much harder. You'll have to use your fingers to navigate. Prop up your right leg while you're trimming that side and then do the same for the left. Make sure to spread your lips to get all of the hair. When you think you're done, grab a mirror and take a good look. Trim any stray hairs you see.
- Even though you're all nicely trimmed now, I would recommend using a razor along your bikini line. Even trimmed hair doesn't look sexy sticking out of lacy panties or skimpy swim bottoms.
How to Shave Your Bikini Area
I've never liked hair "down there," but I've always had trouble shaving. I could never get close enough for a smooth shave, and I suffered from unbelievable razor burn for a week afterwards. Forget wearing a bikini! The red bumps were more embarrassing than the hair!
I used to go to the beach and see all these women with perfectly smooth bikini lines, and not a razor bump in sight! I thought that by asking some of them how they shaved, I would finally learn the secret, but all I got were 20 different ways to shave. Some used baby oil. Some used conditioner. Some used a fresh disposable razors while others used the same one over and over again.
Then I finally got some great advice on how to shave my bikini area. A stripper (can you think of a better expert?) explained to me step by step the exact way that she shaves. I've found that when I follow her directions, I get a close shave and end up with very few razor bumps (if any at all). Here's what she recommends.
- If it's been a while (or if it's your first time), trim your hair first. It should be no longer than a quarter inch. Long hair will clog your razor and make it that much harder to shave. Plus, if you want to leave a sexy design, trimmed hair makes that easier.
- As soon as you get in the shower, wash first (because soap on freshly shaved skin hurts). Then exfoliate using a loofah or even some apricot scrub.
- Never use soap to shave. Either use shaving cream or, even better, hair conditioner. Spread it thickly on the area you're shaving (you shouldn't be able to see the skin underneath).
- Using a sharp razor (it doesn't have to be new, but it needs to be sharp), shave downwards, then upwards, then sideways because that hair grows in different directions. Make sure to rinse your razor often (I go about one or two inches, then rinse). In places you can't see, go slowly and use your fingers to feel for any hair you might have missed.
- After your shower, pat dry and moisturize the area with lotion (I recommend Olay bikini lotion because it's formulated to prevent razor burn in that delicate area). If you're prone to razor burn, coat your freshly shaved area with deodorant (use solid, not gel). When using deodorant, apply it in downward strokes, moving along the direction of your hair growth. If you start to itch later on, use deodorant for immediate relief.
A Bit About Bikini Aftershave Creme
I know some women have had great results by using Bikini Zone after they shave. It's supposed to prevent all that irritating itching and ugly razor bumps from even occurring. However, I have to recommend using caution with this product. I used it once and had the worst razor burn of my life! It lasted a month and kept switching from burning pain to insatiable itching. As it turns out, I'm allergic to it. So if you want to try this product, please, please, please do a little spot test first to gauge your reaction to it.
Apply after shaving and reapply whenever you feel any irritation.
Which Bikini Shaver/Trimmer Do I Recommend?
Any of the trimmers on this page!
Depending on your needs, I would recommend any of the trimmers I've reviewed above. Decide if you want a close trim or a smooth shave and choose accordingly. Whatever you choose, I would recommend using it on your bikini area at least three times a week to maintain a sleek look. It'll be awkward at first but after a while, you'll be an expert!
If you're looking for the simplest, cheapest option, I would recommend the Clio Palmperfect (trimmer #6 above). It's cheap and very quick and easy to use. It saves time by trimming and foil shaving at the same time. And of all the trimmers I've used, the Clio gave me the smoothest shave without actually shaving.