Top 6 blushes available in India
While we place a lot of attention and detail to our eye makeup and lips, one thing that we tend to neglect while doing our faces are our cheeks. Adding a dash of colour to our cheeks brightens up our whole face structure and adds a healthy glow. This also makes faces look very contoured and chiselled by highlighting our cheek bones, if applied properly. Not applying blush may makes you look tired and fatigued and that is something we do not want, right? Blush should be applied in such colour saturation that it blends well with your own skin colour. Too much of it can make you look clown like and too little makes your face appear dull. Here is a general guideline to choose blush as per your skin tone. Very fair skin tones should go for fresh pinks and hot pinks. Darker ones should stick to Deep plums and Earthy shades like Terracotta and cinnamon. Corals go well with every skin tone. Also, rub an ice cube on your face before starting your makeup to make your pores shrink so that coloured particles do not sink in deep.
So, read on to know some really good blushers best suited for various skin tones that are available in India.
Top 6 blushes available in India:
1. NYX Powder Blush - Angel PB03
NYX's pressed powder blush gives you a sheer kind of glow on your cheeks. It feels very silky in texture and swipes on your cheeks with such a fantastic ease. It sets beautifully with a perfect finish and creates a flush of healthy, natural glow. The blush is well pigmented with a decent colour pay off and lasting power for hours together. It comes at a price of INR 650. It is available at certain online shopping sites at a gret discounted price too.
2. – Apricot Nyx Cosmetics High Definition Blush
This one is a very fine textured blush that feels very light on skin so, you do not have the uncomfortable feeling on wearing layers of makeup. This is a high-definition blush
that helps you highlight your cheek bones and make them appear very contoured and chiselled. This blush when worn helps in reducing the appearance of facial pores and hence making your skin appear smooth and your complexion more even with a healthy flush of colour across your cheeks. This blush makes you ready for the camera in a jiffy. So, go ahead and try it. It comes at a price of INR 2050 for 7 grams. This particular shade in apricot is a deep Peach hue that looks best on wheatish and dark skin tones.
3. Maybelline Cheeky Glow Blusher – Fresh Coral
Let us talk about the shade first. Coral is one of the best shade that you can safely flaunt as a blush on your cheeks. On fair complexions it gives a pop of colour that brightens the entire look. For darker skin tones, it adds a healthy flush. This particular blush from Maybelline has an a light weight feel on skin. Texture wise, it feels silky and sets with a smooth, powder finish. It blends in with your skin very nicely for a pretty and natural look. It comes at a price of INR 250. Pretty affordable, I guess.
4. Maybelline Dream Mousse Blush Soft Plum
This blush in shade of Plum is particularly well suited for deeper skin tones. As it is a deep, dusty Rose kind of a shade so, it gives a flush of colour without being too loud. Texture is extremely light. It has a blended mousse like fine consistency. In fact, I personally like cream based blushes much more than powdery varieties because they do not give any dry feeling and also give a dewy finish.This blush has a buildable colour so, you can control the colour saturation with the number of swipes. It gives a very natural glow with an air brushed quality. The lasting power of the color on cheeks is a good 4 to 5 hours. It is very easy to apply with finger tips. It spreads on cheeks very effortlessly like butter. It comes in a cute, glass pot. It comes at a price of INR 375.
5. Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Rose Crush
Lakme Pure Rouge Blusher Rose Crush is another deep dusty pink shade best suited for for darker complexions. It adds a warm glow to your complexion without being loud and screaming for attention. This is a powder blusher that has been formed in a cake. It gives a sheer colour with slight shimmers on your cheeks. This again is lightweight on skin. The
Color is buildable lightly and can be controlled layer by layer, as per your taste and liking. It comes with a brush and a small mirror to ease out use while you are travelling. It comes at a price of INR 425
6. Mua Makeup Academy Cream Blusher – Lush Now this one is for our fair skinned beauties in a candy pink shade. This is a cream based blusher that spreads easily on your cheeks for that perfect, uniform finish. The colour is fresh and subtle making it very versatile in use. You can flaunt it in office as well as informal outings. Due to light texture, you may directly apply it to bare skin or on top of a tinted lotion or foundation.-It can also be settled in a semi matte finish using a matching pressed powder blushers, if you are not much of a fan of dewy look. It has an essentially hassle free application since being cream based it can be applied with finger tips. It has a buildable colour intensity. It blends perfectly with your cheeks to highlight your cheek bones and add some dimension to round faces. The colour intensity varies according to the number of swipes from a fresh, hot pink deeper pink. It comes at a price of INR 700.