- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Fashion & Clothing Styles
Truth About Cashmere - How to tell if it is Really Cashmere?
Truth about Real Cashmere - Your guide about How to find Real Cashmere
Do you want to know truth about real cashmere?
Being owner of a website which sells 100% pure cashmere scarves, I have come across several questions from our customers and others about cashmere. I just thought to write this page which can help everyone with questions about cashmere. After reading this page if you still have some questions about cashmere, please feel free to drop me a line via the comments section towards end of this page. I will make sure each comment is read and answered.
Why Cashmere is Must have for Any Wardrobe?
100% Pure Cashmere is Must have
Very first question which everyone who is new to cashmere asks is.
Why I should buy Cashmere?
My answer to those who are new to cashmere is. Don't you want to feel the warmth and softness of very light weight fabric on your skin? Believe me, no woollen fabric can feel as soft and sexy to you skin as cashmere.
In brief Cashmere offers:
(a) Intense Softness
(b) It helps you keep warm in winters.
(c) Cashmere is very light weight
(c) It make you feel special when your skins feels cashmere.
No woollen fabric can match cashmere.
Truth About Cashmere
Beware! It is not easy to find Pure Cashmere.
As I am into the trade of cashmere, I heard every month stories about fake cashmere. And many retail stores have been fined in past for selling fake cashmere. It is very common to label normal wool or even any fabric as 100% cashmere and sell it.
Main reason for this is that for end consumer it is in fact very difficult to find out if a clothing item or accessories like cashmere scarves are made from pure cashmere or not.
Here is latest addition to that. Australian Retailer EziBuy which sells through website and Catalogue, , has been caught for in correct labelling of cashmere products. Pashmina Shawls were marked as 70% Cashmere/Pashmina and 30% Silk. While in reality these shawls were found to be made of Cotton/polyester.
Here is link to complete story: Wrongly labelled shawls and throws by EziBuy
How to Identify Pure Cashmere?
How to Tell if it is Real Cashmere and 100% Pure?
It is in fact very difficult for end customer to identify that the cashmere you are buying is really 100% pure or not. With my experience of working in this industry for more than 5 years, here are few checks which I suggest you to do:
- Make sure product is labelled as 100% Cashmere
- If you are buying online, look for the Cashmere Test Report on the website.
- Feel the cashmere on your chin as it is most sensitive part of skin. Does it Itch? If it itches, then definitely its not pure cashmere
- Make sure Cashmere doesn't shine like silk. As pure cashmere doesn't shine like silk. The products which shine are definitely made by mixing silk with cashmere
- If you are buying online, make sure the retailer has return policy so that if after receiving the cashmere, you think it is not pure, you can return it.
I hope this provides some help in choosing you pure cashmere products such as Cashmere Pashminas & Scarves
100% Pure Cashmere Scarf
100% Natural, Super Soft Cashmere Scarf
Are you looking for a Cashmere Scarf which is:
- Made from 100% Pure Cashmere.
- Super soft and very light weight.
- Tested by Cashmere and Camel hair Manufacturer Instute's authorized Lab and has been found as 100% pure fine cashmere.
- Made in Scotland
- Click here to Try 100% Pure, Whisper Soft Cashmere Scarf