Great Ways to Find Used Harley Clothes and Accessories
Stop Paying Full Price for Your Motorcycle Gear!
Are you looking for great ways to find used Harley clothes that are in good shape but won't break the bank? I'm going to share the three best places to find the best cheap biker gear!
I admit it - I have a problem. I'm a clothes addict. More specifically, I'm a Harley clothes addict. I love all things Harley.
Tank tops, bustiers, T-shirts, do-rags, leather vests - I've got to have them. And shoes! Oh my goodness: one look into my closet and you'd think you were in the shoe department at the Harley shop.
I know what you're thinking. Something along the lines of "Wow, this chick must have some serious money because Harley clothes are expensive". If that's what's going through your head, then lemme tell ya - you're way wrong!
I'm just a single mom that makes money writing articles, eBooks, and other web stuff. I make enough to pay the bills but that's about it. Definitely not enough extra cash to pay $50 for a shirt or $150 for a pair of boots, so I've learned how to buy used Harley clothes that meet my biker-fashion standards and saves me a ton of money!
I got tired of letting a lack of funds keep me from dressing in style. I started rummaging around at garage sales and thrift stores and would sometimes come up with a nugget or two, but it really wasn't doing it for me. Then I started digging around on eBay, tweaked my searches a bit, and REALLY hit pay dirt.
Tips for Finding Used Harley Clothes on eBay
It took me a while to really figure out how to find the deals on there though because just typing in "Harley clothes" will net you about a kazillion results. Here are some tips for you:
- Watch out for high shipping charges. You have the option of choosing "free shipping" in your search criteria. That could eliminate some really good deals though so be careful. Just pay attention and don't forget to factor shipping costs into your final price to make sure that it's still a good deal.
- Look for "lots". That means that you're going to be looking at listings that have more than one item for sale. This accomplishes 2 thing: you're only paying shipping once, and you will probably pay less per item.
- Save on shipping. If you find an item (or lot of items) that you like, look to see if the buyer has more stuff for sale that you're interested in. If so, contact him and ask if he's willing to combine shipping.
- Be specific when you're entering search terms. If you want knee-high boots, type it in just like that. Often eBay will give you suggestions as your typing in the form of a drop-down list. Usually if you choose the best option from there, you'll get the best results.
- Look only at used items. You have about 15 ways to narrow your search so that you're only seeing exactly what you're looking for. I nearly always go straight to "Used Items" instead of "New in Box" (aka NIB) because I want the deals. I've found "used" boots that have never been worn, or only worn a few times, for less than half the price that they sell for new.
- Narrow your search by price. I always know what I'm willing to pay (aka what I can afford) and eBay offers you the option to choose a minimum or maximum price. This will save you a ton of time and save you from the torment of finding the perfect boots just to realize that they're WAY out of your price range.
Used Harley Clothes on eBay
I've gone ahead and started a few searches to get you started. Go ahead and narrow it down further by size and price if you'd like, or just look through the list as-is! Happy shopping and may all the good deals come your way!
Super Sexy Harley Tank Tops
Awesome Harley Boots
You can never have too many boots, so take a look at these - they'll be the perfect addition whether you're climbing on your bike for a 200-mile run or just heading out to go dancing!
Cute Harley Boots
Check Craigslist for Used Harley Clothes
I've had a little bit of success finding good deals on used Harley clothes on Craigslist, too. Check the clothing and accessories section, but check the motorcycle and garage sale sections too!
Posting garage sales on Craigslist is huge - it's taken the place of putting out signs or posting in the paper. Often times, people list some of the stuff that they think will really draw people so entering "Harley", "motorcycle" or "biker" into your search box will often net you some really good results.
In a matter of about an hour, I got the helmet and jacket in the pic for $2 and $23 respectively from different garage sales. The girl who had the helmet had 3 pairs of brand new boots for $5 each too but they were too small. Bummer. I felt like Cinderella's step-sister trying to make those suckers fit!
Still, the jacket was a good deal and the helmet was a FABULOUS deal. Not a bad haul for a couple of hours' shopping.
Good Deals on Harley Accessories on Amazon
The final way to find great deals for yourself or awesome gifts for your friends is on Amazon.
I like to shop ahead throughout the year for holidays and Amazon is one of my favorite places to do that. Because most of their stuff qualifies for free shipping and you can often buy several of the same item, it's a great way to pick up Christmas or birthday gifts as you find them.
Here are some cool ideas guaranteed to be a hit with your biker buddies to get you started.
Find the Perfect Gift
Good Luck in Your Search for Good Deals on Harley Clothes!
What do you think of the boots in the pic? I got them off of eBay from a fellow boot addict. She'd never worn them and I only paid $50 for 'em versus the $125 that they sell for "new".
If you're willing to invest a little bit of time, you can save a TON of money on either used or discounted Harley clothes and accessories. There's no reason why we can't all show off our favorite brand, no matter how much money we have.
Good luck, and let me know about good deals that you've found in the comments section above - I do love to trade "I found a good deal" stories!
Tell me about some of the deals that you've found on Harley clothes and accessories - I do love to hear about a deal!