UV Protective Clothing For Boys
Where to buy sun protection clothing
Are you looking for some summer clothes for your boy? This page features a selection of UV protection clothes for boys. Here you will find tees and shirts, swimming shorts and sun shirts.
Research shows that we have received 80% of our exposure to UV radiation by the time we are 18 years old. Since the damage is accumulative, this means the factors that contribute to skin cancer and premature ageing, are set in place very early on.
Make sure you keep your child protected from the harmful rays of the sun with these summer beach wear.
All about UV radiation
what you need to know
Something like 8000 Americans die from skin cancer every year. Statistics show there has been increasing reports of skin cancers from the 1970s but it is only in recent years that parents are paying more attention to protection children's skin from harmful UV rays. Because children spend proportionately more time outdoors than adults, it is vital that they are protected. We accumulate 80% of our exposure to UV radiation before we reach 18 years old.
Children's skin is more susceptible to damage than adult's, especially fair haired, fair skinned children.
Experts are discovering more information all the time, and it is now clear that it doesn't have to be really sunny for harmful rays to penetrate. Only a few years ago, it was thought that UVB was the most dangerous but it is now thought that UVA causes the most damage. Unlike UVB, UVA radiation penetrates through cloud cover and clothing. These rays also penetrate deeper into the deeper skin layers than UVB rays potentially causing even more damage.
The effect of UV radiation is accumulative - it builds up over the years and the damage remains long after the suntan fades.
picture by Vectorportal@flickr
Sun shirts for boys
UPF 50+ sun shirts
These represent some of the best in Australian beach wear. With the harshest UV climate on earth, it is no accident that Australians lead the way in creating fashionable UV protective clothing.
How to protect your child from UV radiation - sun protection for kids
- Keep babies under 6 months out of the sun completely.
- Cover your child in a good sun protection cream.
- Apply sun lotion 30 minutes before exposure.
- Remember kids need sun protection even in cloudy weather.
- Dress them in UV protective clothing with a protection factor of 50+ at least.
- Encourage them to wear sun hats and make sure it shades the face, nose and lips and the back of the neck.
- Buy them polarized sunglasses - avoid fun sunglasses that are not UV rated.
- Keep them in the shade as much as possible.
- Reapply sun lotion frequently and after swimming.
- Be aware of extra risk factors such as reflective surfaces like water, concrete and glass and take appropriate extra precautions.
UV protective clothing - boys swimwear
Sun Guard puts an invisible shield into your clothing that helps block more than 96% of the Sun's harmful rays from reaching your skin!
Safe for all washable fabrics including cotton, linen, rayon and silk.
Use to protect the whole family!