- Fashion and Beauty
Why I Super Love My Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
I have always loved Louis Vuitton bags mainly because of their elegant vintage appeal. This is something that I don't see in other brands like Ferragamo, Chanel, Prada, Burberry, etc. They all look way too modern. I've always preferred antiques because of their timelessness. Always elegant inspite of time.
Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
My Favorite because of Functionality
There are so many Louis Vuitton bags to choose from. Although the idea of collecting all of them is good, it could be rather expensive. Therefore, when picking my very first Louis Vuitton bag, I kept in mind that my main criteria should be ease of use and practicality. Since this is my first luxury item purchase, I might as well make sure that what I would buy would be something that I would be able to use everyday. That's exactly the point of buying something expensive, right? It's expensive because it's not supposed to wear and tear after only several use.
And so I ended up with a Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM. And from then on, I have loved it completely!
It is indeed a "never full" bag. I abuse it too much to the point that I use it everyday and put as much as I could: laptop, iPad, huge cosmetic case, my Starbucks tumbler with 500ml of coffee, a huge wallet which is filled with membership card and coupons, my work notebook, shawl, pack of biscuits, 2 pieces of apple, and my extra shirt. It's way too heavy but it's amazing how my Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM is holding up. Also, one thing I like so much is the fact that although you put too much inside it, it does not feel that heavy. It is very comfortable to carry. I think it's because of the way they've positioned the handles and also the way those handles actually support the entire bag. You don't feel like you're getting off-balanced for carrying too much weight on just one side of your body.
I've had my Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM for more than 3 years already and it still looks very ok. No tear anywhere. The handles are still intact. No scratches on the body although I put it everywhere: on the floor, in between seats, under the table, etc. The only thing is that the inner canvas looks a bit dirty already. However, it is not Louis Vuitton's fault as I really am not careful to prevent stains from getting into the bag. There are pen marks on some parts. What I like though is that when you run it through a vacuum, you are able to lift off the dust particles rather quickly and it makes it look much cleaner.
The cowhide leather of the handles has also turned into a slight patina, which I like very much. This is one of the reasons why I chose Monogram over other designs. Again, I am in love with vintage items. The patina of the cowhide leather matches very well with the Monogram pattern. It looks very elegant.
I am pretty sure that I can really use my Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM for a long period of time. I do not regret buying it at all. In fact, I'm saving up for my next Louis Vuitton bag, which is the Monogram Palermo PM. I think I might be able to buy one next month. Will update you as soon as I have tried using it.
Tender Loving Care for Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
One of the things that I like best with my Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM is that it does not require too much of a high maintenance to keep it looking nice all the time. I would say that at least I only do the basics of bag TLC.
Here are some TLC Do's and Dont's:
- Wipe off any liquid that gets onto your bag right away
- Clean it regularly (once every 2 weeks at least)
- Vacuum the inner canvas to prevent dust from getting embedded
- Rub it to any sharp materials or surfaces
- Have it dyed
- Expose it to oils, especially the ones coming from food, as it can get rancid over time and destroy the material
- Use very strong cleaning materials
I would say that as long as you're doing these foundational TLC, you can expect your bag to last for a long time.
Different Ways of Using a Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
Flexibility. That's one of the perks of the Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM. You can use it in so many stylish ways.
I personally use mine 3 ways:
1. Normal tote bag. I use it as it is, just leaving the pulls to the sides and carrying it like a normal tote bag.
2. Normal tote bag with a twist. It's also nice when you actually tug through the pulls on both sides and create that little fold on each side. It becomes a little more stylish that way, almost similar to a Louis Vuitton Vertical Monogram Batignolles.
3. Reversed tote bag. I would bring out the inner canvas lining out to bring out a completely new design. I would not recommend using it this way though if you know you're going to a dusty place as you are exposing the canvas part where the dust could accumulate easily.
There you go! A Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM bag could never be boring! 3 types of bags in 1! Isn't that amazing?
What's in Your Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
Here's an interesting demonstration of what and how much items you can actually put into a Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
It is unfortunate that Louis Vuitton bags are one of the most imitated designer bags. Even worse, because of simplicity in design, fake Monogram Neverfull is one of the most common that you'd find in flea markets. There are even so many bags sold out there that are said to be exact replicas of the authentic ones, so it's really sometimes very difficult to distinguish between the authentic and the fake ones.
Here are some tell-tale signs of a fake Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM bag:
- The monogram pattern is not well-balanced. You should see exactly the same pattern as on the other side of your bag.
- There are plastic wraps on the handles and metal hardware when you buy. Real Louis Vuitton boutiques don't use any of these plastic wraps.
- The date stamp is very rugged-looking.
- The stitching is uneven.
- The edge of the handles is bright red in color. The real ones would normally have a burgundy or deep red color.
- There is some difference from the real size. You better check the Louis Vuitton site for the actual measurements. In most cases, when you actually measure the fake ones, it would not be exactly the same.
Distinguishing the real ones would get more and more difficult in time, mainly because fake manufacturers are also getting better at this. I will update this list as I hear more updates.
Use of Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM
When do you use your Louis Vuitton Monogram Neverfull MM?
For Bagaholics Out There
Here are some other bag options that you might be interested in. I understand that bagaholics normally are not satisfied with only one bag.