How To Make Women Pinafore Dress For Evening And Day Wear Free Pattern
The Making Of Beautiful Day Pinafores | Evening Pinafore Dress For Women
You can wear pinafore dresses both as a day dress or evening wear. The day pinafore dress is a floor length dress with or without flares. You can wear pinafore to any occasion.
If you are a dressmaker, you can get a sewing pattern that will direct you on how to sew an elegant and beautiful pinafore dresses. You can increase the flare on the skirt to make the dress to drape downwards as you wish.
Women can choose to wear their pinafore dress over jumpers, shirts or blouses. Make sure that your pinafores is well lined with lining fabric and that the interfacing is in place. What makes pinafore outfit very gorgeous is the top stitching decoration on the dress.
The top stitch can be on the horizontal seam on the skirt and it can also be on back centre to the front centre. The top stitch can be on any part of the dress, but make sure that they are where you know they make you look beautiful.
How To Make Day Pinafore Dress And Evening Pinafores
- After getting your dressmaking pattern, you will have to lay the patterns on your chosen fabric and cut accordingly.
- Make sure that you pin and tack all the seams such as seams of the shoulder, skirts and sides, including the darts.
- Join the the skirt and the bodice together by pinning them
- Try the tacked pinafore dress on to check what need to be adjusted
- Start stitching all the darts on the bodice and press
- Note that you will not have to stitch the shoulder seams for now
- If you want to line the dress, this is the time to prepare the lining fabric, the lining is always facing the wrong side of any dress.
- Sew the facings in the side seams
How To Make The Pinafore Dress Pocket Flaps
The pinafore flap pocket is only optional, that is you may decide to have them on the dress or not. The pocket flaps are for decorative purpose and nothing else, so there is no special sewing technique that is needed.
You will have to cut a fabric strip according to the length specified by the pattern and with right sides facing, fold it lengthwise. You will tack the edge by turning to the right side and top stitch the outside edges.
Then attach the flaps to the dress bodice, pin and tack
Preparing The Pinafore Dress Skirt
- Join the skirt seams together
- Leave zip opening at the centre back
- Sew the skirt to the pinafore bodice
- Press the seams open
Top Stitching The Pinafore Dress
It really depends on how you want the pinafore dress to look like or how the pattern you have is instructing it. Follow the instructions given and top stitch the dress, bearing in mind the type of fabric that you are stitching on, so that you can adjust your sewing machine foot to make the stitching easier.
Using Pinafores As Evening Wear
It depends on how your pinafore dress is made, you can wear it as evening dress to any night out. The pinafore evening wear should be in very soft fabric, so that it can fit your figure. Most of the time jersey fabric is used in making evening pinafores. With the evening dress, make sure that the pinafore dress has few darts, not like the day dress. To achieve that princess look, let the pinafore have more flare than the day pinafore.
Follow the normal instructions for making any pinafore dress. You should note that, many paper patterns will not specify if the pinafore to be sewn is a day or evening dress. So it is left to you to decide which look you want to achieve and therefore use the right pattern.
Other Related Hubs
- How To Sew Kinds Of Necklines On Dresses | Different...
Types of necklines for women dress is based on the shape and style of the neck of the dress outer edge. A dressmaker can make a variations of neckline styles ranging from round neckline, square neckline, curved, scoop keyhole, halter, sweetheart plus
- Different Types Of Collars For Women's Dress
Types of women's collars are part of fashion styles. Collars are very important on any garment as it is a kind of focal point and it frames your neck as well as the...
- How To Sew Bishop Sleeves For A Shirt Dress
Make a glamorous bishop sleeve with this free tutorial. Bishop sleeve has a full but soft tapered cuffs aith loops fastened to it. There are many types of bishop sleeve that you can make...
- Types of Sleeves For Women Dresses
There are many types of sleeves as well as there are sleeve lengths. The type of sleeve designs differentiate it from another sleeve to give it a unique sleeve name. You can buy ready to wear clothes with the type of sleeves that you want or you can
- Types Of Fashion Pockets On Women Dress
There are many fashion styles especially for women. There are different types of pockets you can find in skirts, trousers, jackets or coats, or even dress. Pockets on garment can influence the look of the wearer, it can make you look either casual or
- How To Make Simple Dress For Women | Sundress Sew Pattern
Sew types of women dress styles using this tutorial. You can use a commercial dress pattern to make different dresses. Depending on which dress style you want to stitch, the method of sewing any dress is the same...