- Internet & the Web
★ Creative Things To Do When You're BORED | Fun Videos, Links & Activities ★
Ideas for Things to Do to Occupy Yourself Online & At Home
Are you bored and need something to kill the time? Well you've come to the right place! Sometimes you just want to waste time in your lunch time at work, find inspiration for things to do in your summer holidays, or maybe you are a master of procrastinating like myself...but whatever silly entertainment you are looking for, you'll certainly find it here.
This page lists lots of random websites, free online games and funny videos, as well as offline activities such as crazy crafts, art projects, things to make and other fun prompts to make sure you fill your free time enjoyably.
I hope you find these boredom-curing ideas helpful, inspirational, and more importantly, fun!
Build a Tower!
Websites to Entertain You
- Today's Big Fail
Hilarious and often cringe-worthy daily videos.
- Useless Things to Do
To amuse yourself for a short amount of time.
- 101 Ideas
You're bound to find a good idea here.
- Bored Things
List of random ideas.
Discover brand new websites using this tool.
- Addicting Games
Hundreds of quick fun games to try.
- Free Rice
Answer easy peasy questions to donate rice.
Best Fun Books & Games
Interesting books and fun games can while away many hours, and here is a selection of the top rated options:
Humorous and silly suggestions for every day of the year to break away from your normal routine slightly.
Random Links List 1
- Improv Everywhere
Look through all of the awesome flashmob videos.
- Shakespeare Insult Kit
Have a bit of fun creating ye olde insults.
- Slightly Warped
Curiosities from around the world.
- Millionaire With Style
How to win a million dollars.
- Google Office
A peek inside the famous offices.
- Awareness Test
Take the test to check your observation.
- Song Miming
With a surprise in the middle.
Lots of facts to pass the time.
- Body Blading
Makes me want to give it a go!
How To Make Tiny Rockets
Some of My Own Ideas
- Invent your own smoothie drink
- Build a den, castle or fort from household objects and/or cardboard boxes.
- Have a boogie to your favourite music
- Make a kite and fly it
- Try out some photography techniques with your camera, and take arty photos of household items
- Build a boat, big or small
- Make a hovercraft
- Bake a cake, a meal you haven't tried before, or practice your icing skills on some cupcakes. Maybe make them personalised for your friends and family.
- Pamper yourself with a face mask and a bubble bath and (if you're a girl) paint your nails, exfoliate and generally use all of those pampering products you've had in a cupboard for years!
- Plan your dream holiday, researching places on the internet
- Try potato printing
- Try learning a new skill or craft such as how to make your own chocolate truffles, how to make your own clothes or use a sewing machine, or perhaps you could learn the basics of a new language or learn to play an instrument
- Clean your room, organise your DVDs/clothes/CDs or wash your car
- Rearrange the furniture in a room, and perhaps re-decorate/re-paint it
- Have a BBQ or picnic
- Give yourself or a friend a makeover
- Create a ghostly sculpture from chicken wire, which you can then paper mache over if you like
- Learn a magic trick
- Do a good deed
- Create a short stop-motion video using your camera and items/people in your house. Perhaps try to make a video where it looks like someone is flying!
- Give yourself a newsprint manicure.
- Play around with cardboard (click here for tips) - how about making a teepee, castle, mini city, beach hut, table,fancy dress costume, mechanism, sculpture, or anything else you like!
- Make a temporary stained glass effect on your windows with circles of cellophane.
- Clear out your drawers and line them with funky DIY patterns.
- Try documenting a week in your life, even if you think you're boring!
- Replicate a famous movie scene/music video/TV highlight with just a video camera and your friends. You can raid the fancy dress box and use whatever props you can find - then just edit it all together with a cool music soundtrack. This will provide laughs for years to come and you can make it as amateur or professional as you like. I personally think it's always funnier if you do it all completely straight-faced!
- Make a hat for a banana.
- Construct a tetrahedral kite and take it for a test run.
- If you are warped and have a pet dog, why not draw on some eyebrows?!
- Build a desk organizer with just layers of cardboard.
- Paint some pebbles from your garden.
- Make a fun Pacman toy from a clothes peg.
Try Towel Origami
Random Links List 2
- Just for Laughs
Look through the videos of funny pranks.
- Clever Tips
Lots of interesting household tricks.
- Interesting Body Tricks
A few tips which may come in handy.
- 100 Iconic Videos
Certainly enough to keep you occupied.
- Roller Blading Music
Playing Mozart while you skate!
- Nature is Awesome
Crazy nature facts.
- The Waldo Ultimatum
A funny sketch video.
- Let's Change Hillary
Change the face of Hillary Clinton.
Learn to Dance, Juggle, Pen Spin & More
More Fun Prompts
- Close the curtains and snuggle up to watch a movie with popcorn/ice-cream/sweets, or make your own cinema in the back garden
- Play a video game or board game
- Make some slime, and use the slime to create a fascinating effect
- Create giant bubbles
- Make a Mr Grass Head!
- Make some paper
- Make your own fresh pasta
- Decorate and personalize porcelain plates and teacups
- Grow your own crystals
- Build your own model airplane
- Make and surf an origami tumblewing on a wave of air
- Make a paper mache mask which is moulded to your face
- Print and cut-out this free template for a boomerang
- Experiment with theatrical and special effect make-up
- Make some crazy sandwich art
- Paper mache a boat or other shape
- Apply Henna Mehndi to your body in pretty patterns
- Take photos of yourself and friends lying face down in random places - hilarious!
- Make weapons out of office equipment such as this pencil crossbow
- Write your bucket list
- Play funny pranks on people
- Shrink crisp (chip) packets in the oven! Apparently KP salted peanut packets work well, and I think the ones without foil lining such as the Space Invaders packets are the best. Click here to see how it's done.
- Write and post a postcard to another country, and get one sent to you in return.
- Make a toilet paper wedding dress
- Watch a film you'd never usually watch
- Explore your local area
- Make a time capsule and bury it in your garden OR bury some 'treasure' (or just a message) somewhere, then make a 'treasure map' and put it in a bottle and leave it somewhere for someone to find! :-D
- Make a paper ornament.
- If you've got a lot of time on your hands and you're feeling crazy, why not make an image of yourself out of a gourd?!
- Create some DIY industrial art using just paper and crayons.
- Make edible sandcastles from Rice Krispies and sand moulds.
- Set up an outdoor movie screen with a projector and invite people over to watch and eat popcorn.
- Sculpt bread into faces!
How to Make Fireballs, Steel Sparks & a Hot Air Balloon
Be careful with these projects, and don't do them near anything too flammable!
Random Links List 3
- He-Man Random Sing-Song
It's best I don't tell you what madness is on this site...just turn the sound up!
- The Big Picture
Collections of amazing photos of global events.
- 449 Useless Facts
But interesting to read nonetheless.
- Flickr Photo Browser
Have a look through the best daily Flickr photos.
- Did You Know?
Video full of interesting facts.
- Best News Bloopers
Videos of the funniest clips.
- Awesome Effect
Fun little sketch to surprise you.
Make a Helicopter Plus Some Paper Toys
Random Links List 4
- Star in a Video
Using photos of people you know.
- Maths Calculation Method
Make large multiplications easy.
- Make a Jackson Pollock
Enter the site, and click to change paint colour.
- Master of Pickpocketry
Impressive magic show.
- Today's Big Thing
Daily awesome videos from the web.
- Mind Reader
Fun little game to fill a few minutes.
- Whose Line Is It Anyway?
The shoplifting scene.
- World Clock
Interesting & scary statistics.
- I Am Bored.com
Funny videos & photos to browse through.
Make Art with Pancakes, Juggle Drumsticks & Build a Contraption
Ways To Get Rid Of Boredom
- Plan and make a Halloween costume so you won't be stuck for your next party
- Make some traditional lemonade
- Add to your knowledge, whether it's learning the capital city of every country in the world, the phonetic alphabet (alpha, bravo, charlie etc), some news words from the dictionary, the order of every English King and Queen, or whatever else you'd like to know well
- Look through your photographs and make a collage, or label and sort them
- Make a video for Youtube
- Make your own epic giant snack
- Write your christmas cards early - imagine the relief when you get to Christmas knowing they're already done!
- Get your stopwatch out and time yourself running from one end of your garden/house to the other as fast as you can. Then try and get a better time. Keep going until you can't reduce your time any more.
- Practice catching grapes/peanuts in your mouth
- Funk up your shoes by using these shoelace lacing patterns
- Create a new type of chocolate bar by slowly melting different chocolate bars down in a bowl over a pan of hot water, then put other sweets into the mix such as fruit pieces, raisins, Skittles, nuts etc. Then pour the melted mix into a mould. If you haven't got a mould, you could make a hollow rectangular box shape from a cereal box, sellotape it together, cover the inside with a few layers of leak-proof plastic wrap (clingfilm), then pour your chocolate mix into your DIY mould. Wait for it to set and then taste!
- Make a time-lapse video by taking photos of the same thing at the same regular intervals and then putting them all together in a video. For instance you could take photos of ice melting in a glass at 1 minute intervals and then put the shots together in Windows Media Player or other similar software
- Have a go at still-life drawing - there are always objects lying around which you can draw.
- Why not work on your ninja ping pong skills - you only need a cup and a ping pong ball.
- For something a bit different, you could have a go at these brilliantly creative 30 projects.
- Make some custom soap carvings.
- Try painting your own hands.
- Doodle on your windows with dry erase markers.
- Make a bat-copter toy with card, bamboo skewers and other bits 'n' bobs.
- Have fun with a Cobra Weave stick bomb using just popsicle sticks.
- If you've got a spare minute, why not make a really easy strawplane.
- Make some cardboard boomerangs and learn to throw them correctly.
- Create your own butterfly wind-up toys.
- How about painting your washing machine so it's not just plain and boring?
- Have fun using a wet erase chalk marker to draw and write on a window - maybe your favorite quote or song lyric?
- Make a miniature bow and arrow using a popsicle stick and a Q-tip!
Random Links List 5
- Homemade Roller Coaster
A brilliant addition to a household :-)
- Balloon Flight
Scary but awesome.
- Soldiers Breakdancing
Vintage video set to modern music.
- Zombie Harmony
Find your perfect zombie love match.
- 10 Ghost Towns
Amazing deserted towns and building remains.
- Cake Wrecks
Hilariously bad cake designs.
- 1000 Awesome Things
A lovely website to make you smile.
Fly a Kite
Random Links List 6
Videos, pictures and games to browse.
- College Humor
A hilarious website to explore.
- How to Avoid Boredom
A list of websites and jokes to amuse you.
- Activity Book for Creatives
Inventive free e-book for keeping the creative mind happy.
- Akinator, The Web Genius
This website guesses the most obscure people by asking you some Qs.
Amazing videos posted daily.
Therapeutic drawing website that creates a web between drawn lines.
- Draw A Stick Man
Fun little animated games where you draw as instructed.
- Humans of New York
Browse through photos of many NY dwelling individuals.
Even More Ideas For Things To Do
- Make a mini catapult from popsicle sticks.
- Build half circle wobblers with old CDs and watch them roll along surfaces in a strange wobbly fashion
- Have endless fun by drawing tattoos onto bananas!
- I think these modern zen gardens look amazing, and you could make one quite easily yourself with a glass container, colored sand and a cactus.
A Second A Day
I hope this fantastic video inspires you to record a second of video footage per day for a whole year. It would be great to look back at a montage of your entire year and remember all of the moments.