10 Internet Pros & Cons in 2016
I love the internet
Why? Thanks to the social networks alone ordinary people from all walks of life have now been given a voice, so let’s USE IT!
Does anyone know whose domain is the world wide web?
www is equivalent to 666 in terms of gematria and position within the Hebrew alphabet. The English letter W is equivalent to the Hebrew letter Waw: That made me think twice about the meaning behind the www.domain.com. The CERN logo also seems to suggest 666 doesn’t it. Are you freaked out yet? Read the rest for yourself. Dan Brown tuned into this too in Angels & Demons.
It takes talent to make that novel anything but ridiculous by philosophizing on the eternal conflict between religion and science.
I still love the internet, but I learned to be very cautious.
Let’s speak our minds about how most of us might feel concerning topics to do with problems that affect every ordinary citizen around the world.
- Politics: by questioning the leaders who are in charge.
- Crime: When a crime is committed and we know the truth, expose the criminal by using the net.
- Topics on health: What about questioning our health facilities or remedies, even if they are promoted by the medical profession.
- Economics: reading and commenting on articles to do with our banking systems.
- Are wars truly necessary?: Question our leaders why they still seem to want to go to war.
Those are some of the topics that have now been given exposure like never before. Every human being has a role to play!
There is also another side to the internet where every ordinary citizen who do have excess to the wide world web can benefit from.
- Art exhibit websites: We are now exposed to the Art World that provides automated solutions for art galleries, artists, interior designers and architects alike.
- Sport from around the world: If the Olympics' organizers ever decide they need a few fresh sport, there are many websites that might inspire them.
- Inspiring scientific information: Most of the research for my novels has been dome through these websites.
- Learning about the history of our planet: YouTube videos tell us more than ever before that our text book history we learned at school was lies. Now we can all make up our own minds what we believe and when we do not accept as truth.
- Everybody can own their own website or blog: This opportunity has made a great improvement to any person’s lives. I know from our own experience our online publishing website has been and still is a great business platform for us.
- Earning opportunities: Need I say more. Hubpages is one good example.
- Learning new skills through YouTube for FREE.
Digital marketing trends of 2015 was one of the most talked about topics in the mobile marketing Industry. What about 2016? It does already have lowered the attention span of many people, so is humanity evolving?
How will the internet world look in 2020?
I’m not so sure if I like some of the ideas of the following video inventions. I do like the boarding passes, and the physical looking newspaper that is in reality an electronic devise. That does look incredible but... I hate anything that is attached or implanted into my body.
Having looked at some of the future gadgets in some of the other videos on YouTube on this topic. I,m glad that I’ve probably passed over into a different dimension by then.
The 10 major cons
- People can get hooked (addicted) to the internet and sit more and move less than they did 20 years ago. (Image of obesity due to the internet)
- People can post anything – which can lead to too much misinformation
- People can set up corrupt websites to get paid for non products or services.
- Fear driven website and videos can have a devastating effect on people who are gullible.
- Internet porn can have a very undesirable effect on young people who have no moral guidance to follow at home. Too much access to unsavory characters that should not be allowed near children are often targeting children and young adults.
- Intimidation through shocking Digital Marketing campaigns and relentless spam emails can be a major time consumer for any internet user.
- Dependence on only internet based income can lead to unsocial behavior; (people who are texting or are on social media sites during working hours instead of doing the jobs they are paid to do or communicating with each other on cell phones or other portable internet gadgets during family or friends gatherings
- People can abuse you by relentless harassments on social media through sending private messages even if you have not befriended them.
- Security: People can steal your identity, or publish misinformation about you or post harmful content under your name
- Peoples health can be affected by the electromagnetic waves around them at all times, even during sleeping time.
The 10 major pros
- Making new connections and friendships with like minded people all over the world on social media sites.
- Finding websites or blogs on topics that can awaken people’s passions, and be able to share their personal knowledge.
- Local authorities used social media to track and tag the people involved in criminal activities
- Local communities used social media to sell or exchange unwanted or second hand goods.
- Students with internet access at a rate of 50% higher in their school work using social networking sites.
- Members of social networks, blogs or websites discuss health conditions, share important information and resources relevant to visitors conditions
- Sites such as LinkedIn are a major resource for job recruiters to advertise their needs or to find employment
- The internet offers huge opportunities for photographers and fine art or graphic artist to promote their work
- The internet offers huge opportunities for authors and writers to get their creative writing exposed on specialized article platforms like Hubpages
- Many FREE opportunities for people to start their own business now matter what product or service they want to earn from
Getting hooked (addicted) to the internet
I have written a similar article on how the internet can take you away from many physical activities under the title: I-stumbled-on-a-new-hobby
The Definition of an addiction
The very word addiction is often characterized by a compulsive behavior or an engagement that is often rewarded because it suppresses an underlying disorder. As an example:
- Some cell phone users show the same symptoms as drug addict. Total dependencies to be in contact through the cell phone. Driving while speaking or texting on cell phones has caused many casualties.
- Internet users who have mental or emotional attachments to on-line friends or groups. These sites are usually operating in closed groups where the member is welcomed and nurtured by other members..
Is the Internet ideal for lonely people?
People who never have been very socially active do find the internet a solution for their loneliness, but does it really benefit them?
I know of someone who gets terribly upset when the internet is down. She is then almost in tears or gets angry. She is a very lonely person who rarely gets out of her home, and when I speak to her, all she can talk about is her wish for a catastrophic event to happen. She has a very negative outlook on life. I suspect that she is hooked onto cult like internet groups where she has befriended people who like her wish for a total world collapse.
Using the internet as an inspiration medium
Our ancient ancestors possessed a far greater understanding of our Universe, and used far more advanced technology than we do today, but due to the internet everybody has now got the ability to poke holes in existing theories, concepts and ideas that before took so called experts years of research. Therefore today man will awaken spiritually a lot faster due to the internet.
My own love for the internet is to do with the many creative activities that are possible. My virtual fantasy through story telling is also enhanced through the Internet, but NEVER as a substitute for real-life human connection. I do have a very active physical life with a loving partner, family and friends but the internet has become more of a blessing. It’s a great outlet for my creative drive to transform my thoughts into pictures, like I do for my articles here on hubpages.
I will add a great link about Free Online Courses from the World’s Top Publishers
Thanks for the many great cyberspace article writers and to the many hub page members for reading this article about our reality in Cyberspace.