- Computers & Software
10 steps on How to Recover your Deleted Files
There are times when we accidentally deleted some important files. Those times that you we’re so excited and unimaginably doing an action that you don’t even want to do. Well, I've done it, so, I was like “Oh my damn!!!” all my files we’re gone; My writings, videos, photos, music and other stuff that were saved on my desktop. I totally freaked out. Then it’s been days since that fatal accident with my laptop, I've been asking my friends what to do but, they keep on laughing and saying “You’ll never retrieve them” but, guess what dude I have! I took time researching on Google and other resourceful sites and accumulate information that I could do to resolve the problem. After a while, most searched result leads to downloading software’s that can help me retrieve those files. A lot of software we’re displayed with eye catching description of their talented works on retrieving. But then, you don’t have to download it because there’s another way to solve the problem. For instance, I'll be using another folder as subject that was being deleted before. Specifically, it was my Thesis folder, a study about Pawnshops and the folder was named "Pawnshop Thesis".
Since the problem was retrieving or how to retrieve your permanently deleted files, you can do it by restoring the earlier version of your hard disk. Actually, when you delete a file, it does not leave the premise of your machine. The hard disk only marks the original location of your files as available. Then those that were deleted will be then placed in a secret place that you can never find. All deleted files will be sent there and continually accumulates. Your computer will allocate an available space for all your deleted files. So, if it becomes full, most of them will be gone forever. But, if not, you can always find a way how to retrieve or restore something from your machine. Computers are genius remember? And men are responsible for such great creation. While, if you wish to restore or undone something that affects your system you can try restoring the system itself. The main idea of this material was the essence of time. Time that keeps on moving, but going back can make tremendous difference. So, in application to the problem, going back to its earlier state, or its earlier version to be specific, we can find and restore those files once again in the present. So, how it is? Let’s find it out ourselves.
Here are the things you need to do to retrieve or recover your permanently deleted files.
- Click start button
- Select computer
- Then right click on your hard or local disk (C :), then select; Restore previous versions
- Select the earliest version that would certainly contain your files on a state before you deleted them
- Click open
- Select user (that would be your account)
- Choose your Account or user where files are saved.
- Select the files you want to restore
- Drag them onto your desktop
- It will take a few minutes in restoring depends on the size of the files then; your files are back!
This is more convenient since, you don’t have to super search the internet and download more files or software to solve the problem. Just a few clicks and few steps your files are back. You might wonder whether files at current would be affected. For example; your deleted files are in a folder named “Pawnshop thesis” and you had created a new file under the same name in the current time, it won’t be affected. The files would just overwrite and windows would also ask whether what action you would take anyway. All the files before will only are restored in accordance to your selection. And all files in the current will stay the same. The restoration of deleted files can be done all over and over again. Just be sure when was the exact earlier time frame you had pre-deleted it. Moreover, you can do these steps on retrieving some other items on various folders, just click restore earlier version once again and find your files there. Hope to help others who suffer the way I did before. Good luck!
By the way, if you really insist to use a software to retrieve or recover your files these would be useful for your convenient selection:
Free File Retrieving software:
- It can recover files from hard drives, external drives (USB drives, etc.) and memory cards. Recuva can even undelete files from your iPod!
2. Pandora Recovery
- It can also will undelete files from hard drives, memory cards, etc. Nearly anything that stores files that you can also connect to your PC should be supported.
3. SoftPerfect File Recovery
- It is a small, 500KB, standalone file making the program very portable. Feel free to run File Recovery from a USB drive or floppy disk.
4. Avira Unerase Personal
- Unlike SoftPerfect File Recovery, Avira Unerase Personal is not a standalone softaware, after installation it's totally a one click operation.
5. CD Recovery Toolbox
- is designed to recover files from damaged or corrupted optical drive discs - CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, HD DVD, etc.
and more options you can choose online. But, here are some of the ones used by computer user to save their lives from whatever factor it can cause due to the unintentional or intentional deletion of a files that in the end it is actually a very important. Remember this: "Think before you move"
Here are the links for the software that you want to use for free:
- SoftPerfect File Recovery - CNET Download.com
SoftPerfect File Recovery is a free and useful tool to restore accidentally deleted files from hard and floppy disks, USB flash drives, CF and SD cards and other storage media.
- CD Recovery Toolbox Free - CNET Download.com
CD Recovery Toolbox Free was developed for recovering damaged files CD, DVD, HD DVD, Blu-Ray and etc disks.
- Pandora Recovery - CNET Download.com
Pandora Recovery Wizard is a free tool that helps you locate and recover lost or deleted files from your system.
- Recuva - CNET Download.com
Recuva is a free file recovery program that makes it extremely easy to locate files that were once thought to be lost forever.
- Avira UnErase Personal Free Download
Download Avira UnErase Personal - Recovers data that have been deleted from the hard drive