4 Ways to Help Your Blogger Blog Get Clicks in Search Results
One of the top priorities for many bloggers is how to get traffic to their blog. After all, if you took the time to write something, you'd like someone to see it. Ranking high in search results helps to bring more traffic because more people see your site. Another way to help bring more traffic is to increase the percentage of people who click on your link when they do see it. I'll outline four easy ways to help your Blogger blog get a better click-through-rate in search results. They can all be done from the Blogger website.
The first step to implementing these tips is to access your Blogger dashboard via your navbar on top of your site or the "Powered by Blogger" link at the bottom of your page. Second, click the name of the blog you want to work on.
Make correct privacy setting
1. Click "Settings" from the choices on the right side of your Blogger dashboard.
2. Choose "Basic" from the choices of settings. It should, by default, be on this page after clicking "settings".
3. Make sure the privacy setting is set to "Listed on Blogger. Visible to search engines.". If it's not, use the "edit" link to choose this option.
Give your blog a meta description
1. Choose "Settings" from the list of choices on the right side of you Blogger dasgboard.
2. Click the "Search preferences" option.
3. The first item on the page is "Meta tags". Click "edit" and write a desription of your blog. It seems a meta desription of 100-150 words is best. It should be written for a human and not stuffed with keywords. This description may show up in search results.
Give your images titles and alt text
1. Select "Posts" from the menu on your dashboard, under My Blogs.
2. Click "Edit" under the name of your blog post that has images you want to add alt text and titles to. You may have to hover your pointer over the space just under the post title and labels for it to become visible.
3. In your post, click on an image or photo.
4. From the choices (links), click "Properties"
5. Enter a title and description for your picture. The alt text is what will be displayed if someones browser does not show the image. The alt text seems to be more important to search engines, but it can't hurt giving it a title also.
Give your individual posts a search description
1. Select "Posts" from the menu on the left, under My Blogs.
2. Click "Edit" under the name of the blog post you want to add a search description to. You may have to hover your mouse over the space just under the post title and labels for it to become visible.
3. Under "Post settings" on the right side of your screen, you'll see a place to add a search desription for your individual post.