- Materials & Industrial Technology
5 Things You Must Do When Robots Become Self-Aware
When Will Robots Take Over?
Robots are becoming smarter as our technology improves. As we speak, many tech companies (i.e. Google) as well as the U.S. government are working on projects that are advancing quantum computing, which in turn, is bringing our society closer to an advanced artificial intelligence that is capable of "learning" and changes in the environment.
Robot Ready For War
Technology Improves Robots Self-Awareness
As technology progresses, so will the cognitive ability of robots past simple commands.
Movies like Terminator & iRobot are just eye-openers to future of robotics.
One must now ask: How far will robots progress?
As we read more and more in the news about robots, we can only assume that robots will advance to the point of making decisions without the input of humans.
Robots that are designed to perform industrial functions will then transition into service-roles, allowing human counter-parts to go home.
Once the robots become self-aware, there are 5 things you must be prepared for. Continue reading for the list below.
Sentient Robots Will First Replace, Then Eradicate Humans
When Robots Become Self-Aware
5 Things You Must Do When Robots Become Self-Aware:
- You must disconnect from the internet. Once the robot revolt begins, it is important to understand that they can track you from the point of access to the internet. If you want to go into stealth mode, you must first unplug and go “off the grid.”
- You must have an Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) device. The only way to defend yourself from an armor-clad android is to have a weapon capable of frying the circuits within the robot. Bullets will be useless against a non-organic sentient being.
- You must have basic survival skills. Chances are when the Earth is completely devoid of power, you will need to know how to hunt wild animals, and cook them over a fire.
- You will need to have flashlights and shovels ready. When the robots begin to harvest energy from the surface of the Earth, the rest of us will most likely go underground. Have your gear ready, or face having to pay a big price for rare equipment needed to go “under the radar.”
- You will need social skills to communicate. Those who are reliant on email and social networks will have to go outside and actually see the light of day. Those without social skills will be less likely to make it alongside real people that are not in their network.
Drones, as we know them today, are piloted by humans, and in their current state, are not self-aware. They are incapable of making their own decisions. But in the near future, when artificial intelligence has been developed, drones may be able to pilot themselves and carry out orders and instructions.
Take Notes from Hollywood for the Robot Invasion
- The first Matrix movie described it best when the agents loathed the unpredictable nature of humans, viewing us as animals to be slaughtered.
- In iRobot, the humans were ruining everything. The only way the robots could maintain order, was to enslave the humans so they could be controlled.
- Once the robots became self-aware in the Terminator movies, all human life was a threat to the Skynet's existence, thus fueling the robot-human war well into the future.
Robot Invasion? Really???
Are you really concerned about the impending robot invasion? You should be more concerned about your spiritual condition, because dying of old age is far more likely to happen in your lifetime, then fighting against self-aware robots.
Every man must answer to God when he dies. That is why it is important to get right with God before you die, otherwise it will be too late.
To find out more about how to get right with God, consider reading my article, Find Out Your Purpose in Life article series, starting here.