9 Productive Android Apps You Need To Download
1. Office Lens - Average Review: 4.6 Stars - It's like having a scanner in your pocket. You can take a picture of a whiteboard, document, poster, business card, etc. and trim it precisely and save it as a PDF, or even upload to OneNote or OneDrive. In Business Card mode, you can extract the contact information and save it into your contacts list.
2. My Study Life - Average Review: 4.2 Stars - If you're a student, this app is fantastic for keeping track of your classes, exams, homework assignments, projects, and everything in between. This app is designed for students and teachers alike and even allows you to sync between devices.
3. Evernote - Average Review: 4.6 Stars - Evernote is a great note taking app, but it's more than that too. You can organize web articles, documents, photos, and voice clips and they sync between all of your devices. Invite and share notes with colleagues and friends, or even discuss your work with others right from within the app.
4. RealCalc Scientific Calculator - Average Review: 4.5 Stars - A scientific calculator packed with scientific functions and support for binary, octal, and hexadecimal calculations. It's designed to be easy to use, but full help is included in the app if needed. One downside to this app is if you want to do fraction or degrees/minutes/seconds calculations or conversions, you'll need to purchase the pro version.
5. Forest: Stay Focused - Average Review: 4.2 Stars - Need to get motivated to be productive, but can't seem to stop browsing social media? Try out Forest! This app helps you stay away from your smartphone and remain focused. It's a fun little way to help you beat phone addiction and conquer procrastination. Plant a seed and leave your phone alone for 30 consecutive minutes and it will turn into a tree; however, failure to remain productive will result in the death of your seedling.
6. Pushbullet - Average Review: 4.5 Stars - According to CNET, Pushbullet is the app you never knew you needed. This fantastic app allows you to send and receive SMS messages from your computer. See all of your phone's notifications on your computer, including phone calls, which is great for if you want to keep your phone on silent, but are expecting a call. You can dismiss notifications without touching your phone. You can even subscribe to channels about the things you love the most!
7. Slack - Average Review: 4.4 Stars - Slack is the perfect team communication app that allows for real time messaging and file sharing with one-to-one and group conversations. There are dozens of other apps that can be integrated with Slack including Dropbox, Twitter, and Zendesk. Slack is free for an unlimited number of users for an unlimited amount of time, with paid upgrade plans for teams with more needs.
8. Smart Tools - Average Review: 4.5 Stars - Paid app: $2.99USD - Although this app requires a one-time purchase, it is well worth it. There are 6 different sets of tools. Set 1 is a Smart Ruler capable of calculating length, angle, slope, level, and thread. Set 2 is a Smart Measure capable of measuring distance, height, width, and area. Set 3 is a Smart Compass packed with a metal detector and a GPS. Set 4 is a Sound Meter that measures sound level and vibrations. Set 5 is a Smart Light with a flashlight, magnifier, and mirror all-in-one. Finally, set 6 is a unit converter.
9. Tasker - Average Review: 4.6 Stars - Paid app: $2.99USD - I would consider this app to be one of the more difficult apps to use if you don't know what you're doing, but there is plenty of documentation and starter guides available. Tasker allows you to have total control of your phone. Have a phone where the default camera makes a shutter sound and there isn't a way to turn it off? With Tasker, you can create a profile that mutes the phone whenever the camera app is open. Checkout this CNET review for more information on how Tasker works