- Computers & Software»
- Computer Hardware
AMD Radeon HD 8000M series Specification
Most awaited AMD Radeon HD 8000 series is in market just available for mobile devices (OEM only). AMD Radeon HD 8000M series offered us a 28 nm GCN architecture (Graphic core next) which is an award winning architecture of AMD. The architecture offers us to deliver better performance and at an exceptional lower power consumption.
We already discussed its competition with Nvidia GTX 700 series and whether its AMD or Nvidia, we will be having numerous options to choose our graphic cards from. There are many things going on about AMD latest series (AMD Radeon HD 8000) but now company officially stopped its rumors from spreading more by delivering AMD 8000M series in the market. AMD 8000 series is intended for traditional laptops and for ultra-books or ultrathin devices. This new GPU is already incorporated with Samsung and Asus devices and we are hoping its share in Lenovo, Dell and other OEM.
What’s more is, we are expecting HD 8000 series in Desktop rigs at the end of January but it’s available only for Desktop OEM. Additionally, based on GCN architecture with supporting DirectX v11.1 it is said to deliver optimal acceleration for Windows 8 Platforms. Let’s have a look on the AMD HD 8000M series:
- AMD Radeon HD 8350M
- AMD Radeon HD 8400M
- AMD Radeon HD 8570M
- AMD Radeon HD 8670M
- AMD Radeon HD 8760M
- AMD Radeon HD 8870M
- AMD Radeon HD 8950M
- AMD Radeon HD 8970M
With AMD 8000 series, users will experience a new user interface with full control over the profile. For advance users AMD offers an exert mode too. With AMD HD 8000M series for mobile and AMD HD 8000 series for desktop, company make sure to deliver outstanding computing power to multimedia and productivity. If we talk about its competition then upcoming Nvidia 700 series will be its fighter. About Nvidia 700 series we are hoping its release in March 2013.
If we look on Nvidia then it provides us better drivers, enhanced technology (PhysX, TXAA, Adaptive V- Sync and more) whereas AMD provides us better overclocking, high resolution, better MSAA (Multisampling Anti-Aliasing) and much more. For me Nvidia provides us a refined form whereas AMD provides us Raw Power. So choose your graphic card according to your needs and requirements. If you need more power and high resolution then go for AMD and if you want better performance then, it’s Nvidia.
Let’s talk about features of AMD Radeon HD 8000M series:
- AMD Radeon HD 8900, HD 8700, HD 8670, HD 8570 supports the GCN architecture and its associated features like PCI Express v3.0, Zero-core power technology, DDM audio and etc.
- Supports multi display functions, which mean you can enjoy your game on 3D play or in multiple monitor setups. It can supports up to 6 display-port monitor on an enabled graphic card.
- With AMD acceleration, you will have an improved video quality and enhanced performance. Enjoy HD viewing with AMD acceleration.
- Supports 3D game play with AMD HD 3D technology.
- With AMD Zero-core power technology, it will maximize the performance with comparatively low power consumption.
- The series can support latest DirectX v11.1 graphic features with an award winning 28nm AMD GCN architecture (Graphic core next architecture).