How to Add an Image Signature in Gmail
Image in Signature, Awesome!
If you want to have your electronic mails look more professional, with a dash of creativity, you have stumbled upon a great article! This guide will show you how you can add image to your Gmail signatures. It is really easy!
If you will encounter some vague procedures here (which, I hope you won't), feel free to comment below. I will be glad to help you and clarify things out.
Anyway, let's start working on it!
The procedures detailed below are aided with photos and captions to further assist you in inserting a picture for your Gmail signature. Should you have any questions, feel free to use the Q&A portion at the bottom of the article.
Adding Image in Gmail Signatures
1. The first thing, of course, is to open up your Gmail Account. Once everything loads up properly, click on the "Gear Symbol" on the upper right just below your photo. It's a drop down list, so you need to choose "Settings" among the other items. If you can't find the button, you may see use the photo below to assist you.
2. After you have been directed to the Settings Page, just keep scrolling down until you reach the portion where you can edit your Gmail signature.
Start editing the text portion. You may opt not to write anything, and decide just to include your photo signature (electronic signature as we often call them). However, I suggest that you write something first. You may write, "From", "Best Regards" and etc. You may even insert quotes or company slogans.
3. Once you've finished writing the text portion of your signature, you may now proceed to adding an image. First, you need to click on the Insert Image button.
4. Fortunately, Gmail now has the feature that allows you to upload your own photo. Upon hitting the Insert Image button, this will pop-up onto your screen which gives you the option to:
- Select an existing photo uploaded in your Google Drive,
- Upload a new photo, or
- Insert image via Web Address (URL)
Using built-in upload function
If you plan to maximize Google's features and upload via Drive, click on the Upload tab. Then, drag the image (i.e. your photo signature) into the box as indicated in the illustration above. You may also manually locate the image by hitting on the Select a file from your device button.
Using third-party image hosting sites
Alternatively, you may opt to have the photo uploaded elsewhere, get the link of the photo, and insert that link in the "Image Url". Other image hosting sites includes Photobucket, flickr and etc. Just upload the image in any of those sites, and get the link of the photo (the one with the .jpg or .png or any extensions signifying that the file is an image). Copy the link, and paste it in the "Insert Url" portion.
For now, you may want to try inserting the link below just to test. You may change the URL to your own photo later.
5. You're almost there! All you need is to press the OK button. Check again if you are satisfied with how your signature look like. Once you are done, you just need to scroll down to the bottom, where you will click on "Save Changes".
You're done! Try composing a message, and see how everything paid off. Congratulations!
Sample Look of Image in Gmail Signature
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2012 Renz Kristofer Cheng