Advantages of the iPod touch compared to iPhone classic
The iPhone has already proven to be a success with the public. The revolutionary features of this gadget have made everyone to look for it, including the media and technology fans.
Several features of the iPhone are innovative. For example, the touch screen input technology, the automatic rotation of the display, the full-featured web browser that comes embedded in each device.
Now, Apple has gonne a step further with the iPhone and iPod products. It has added the iPhone features to the iPod family, with the new iPhone touch. Now, you can have similar features available for the iPhone without the need of paying for an extra cell phone.
With the recent announcement that the iPhone touch will be selling for $199 (the 8GB version), it makes even more sense to get an iPhone as a personal organizer, music player, and gaming device. It is also the perfect gift, since it is not dependent on a cell phone plan.
Feature set similar to the iPhone
The iPod touch is a new member of the iPod family. The goal is to integrate the advanced features of the iPhone into the music player.
For example, with the iPhone you can access the web at the same time that you take phone calls, or listen to music.
With the iPod touch, while you don't have the cell phone features, you have all other functions such as mp3, personal organizer, and web browsing.
A wireless device
The iPhone touch is not a cell phone, but it can access the web using its integrated wireless system. Based on the standard 802.11 wireless network system, the iPhone touch can have access to any wireless network.
For example, you can search Google, or access you favorite web site from your music player. The iPhone will work in each one of the thousands wireless access points, such as Starbucks stores, airports, hotels, and even your local network.
The iPod Touch as a Personal Organizer
Another thing that will become much easier now is using the iPod as a personal organizer. With the nice input interface shared with the iPhone, the iPod touch can be used to enter contact information and to help planning your schedule.
The iPod phone comes with two personal organization applications, the contacts and the calendar software. With contacts, you can keep your list of contacts and organize them according to your preferences.
The calendar software is a full-features application that will allow you to keep you organized, with to-do lists, events, and other features.
The iPod Touch as a Gaming Machine
Another aspect of the iPod Touch is it is capability to download and play games. With the built in access to the Apple Store, the iPod Touch can be used to select from among thousands of Games.
These games vary from very simple (and cheap) ones, to very sophisticated games. Whatever your level of experience is, you will find games that can keep you entertained for several hours. And it is all at the reach of the touch of a button.
A Sophisticated MP3 player
And, clearly, the iPod touch is still the best device to play music. With an easy interface to load, search, and play music, it will continue to serve our needs as a mp3 player.
A great feature that was added by Apple in the iPod touch is to buy music using any wireless connection. In this way, you don't need to use your desktop computer to buy new music. All you need is the iPod, and you can load as many music files as you want directly from the iPhone.
The best iPod ever?
With these features, I believe it is difficult to beat the iPod touch as the best music player in the market.
It has all the important features of the iPhone, minus only the cell phone functionality. And even the price is pretty good, starting at $199. I think it is one of the best bargains in the market, and I think it will sell even better than the iPhone.
Related hub pages
- History of Cartier Watches
- Apple Keynote and Microsoft Powerpoint: a Comparison
- How to become a computer programmer
- Making money with surveys
- Improving Your Credit Report
- Finding MP3 Files on the Internet for Your Music Player
- Advantages of the Sony Play Station 3 - PS3
- Mac OS X
- Microsoft Zune: the Good and Bad of the MP3 Player
- Creating your own iPod screen design
- Top Ten Reasons To Switch to a Mac
- Ten tips to buy a good laptop computer
- The Ten Best Applications for the Apple MacIntosh
- Understanding the iPhone Features
- The Danger of Recalled Chinese Toys
- Making Money on a Down Market
- How to Build a Free Web Site
- Improving your annual income
- Boing787 dreamliner: a big advance in airplane technology
- Starting a new business
- Ten tips for travelling this summer
- Variables in the C programming language
- So Would you like to make money from home
- Viewing the sunrise with Google Earth and Discovery
- Ten tips for traveling this summer, part 2
- Real Estate in New Jersey
- How to improve your searches with Google
- Ten steps you need to take before buying a house
- Ten tips to find money for investment
- Finding Good Toys for Kids on Xmas - Elmo
- Adsense ad positioning
- What are the advantages of the iPhone?
- How to increase your salary
- How to Avoid Paying too much for Satellite TV
- Top ten tips to do well on exams
- How to remove spyware from your computer
- How to build a real estate empire
- Top ten tips to do well on exams - part 2
- Air traffic control rules
- Tips to improve your typing speed
- Finding Good Toys for Kids on Xmas - Electronic Toys
- Paris Rilton returns from prison to the screens
- New Features of the iMac
- Using Google Operators More Effectively
- Ten tips to find money for investment - part 2
- The New Internet Explorer (IE7) - are there any risks?
- Ten steps you need to take before buying a house - part 2
- The best moment to invest in real estate
- Creating a perfect presentation with powerpoint
- How to Become a Better Investor
- Ten reasons not to buy an iPhone now
- Achieving Wealth Through the Internet
- Creating Wealth With Affiliate Links
- How to register a domain name
- Opera, a web browser that can make your life easier
- Digital Photography with Canon Cameras
- Ten tips to buy a good laptop computer - Part 2
- How to get TV content for the iPod Video