- Internet & the Web»
- Social Networking
All I want from Twitter in 2017
Twitter is one of my favourite Social Media sites. I have made friends online / offline. I have also learnt a lot - infact there's something to learn every week and that could be in Education, politics, food, health, News, Business, Inspiring/motivation articles. You name it, Twitter has it. Open to every Country all over the world - 24/7.
4 Points to Consider
However, if the Twitter CEO asked what changes could be made, I would note just four.
a) No Contact Reminder. For people who have a few thousand followers or more, there is a tendency to lose touch with most of them. It would be nice if Twitter introduced a feature that would remind us, that we have had no contact with xyz people in 3 months or 6 months. We could then review it.
- Obviously, some can be unfollowed.
- However, there are some that you could visit their page - like or RTs or just send a "hello".
- There are some people, that come to my mind from time to time but I don't remember their Twitter profile names. Sometimes, they appear in the home feed and it's nice to see they are still online. So, I make a note of their name or add them to a list. You can set up lists on Twitter and label them.
b) Increased Characters. No doubt, many would welcome this second point - An increase in the number of characters for a Tweet. Shall we say 200? At the moment, it's 140 but Facebook has no limit.
c) An option to switch the DM (Direct Message) on or off. This eliminates all those kinky messages, that people wouldn't want others to see in their Twitter feed, so they DM instead.
d) Twitter is used mostly by Adults but my goodness, some can be so insensitive. Even, if it's being reported on the news that people are being attacked in a Country, they would still have something negative to say. A teen or celeb who has been having personal problems dies! I read comments such as: "serves them right." or "druggie" or other disgusting comments. Do you remember when Amy Winehouse passed away or when Kim Kardashian was robbed in a hotel in Paris? Oh....some of the mean comments that followed!! Many had no sympathy. For that, I would love to see a Dislike button.
Yet another example. (Mobile phone snapshot)
Never used Twitter before?
Everyone has their own reason for using Twitter. So after reading the list below, you would have an idea of how useful it can be to you.
- It can be used to promote a business or product.
- You can build a strong Network.
- For more details on any Breaking News, simply head to Twitter.
- If you Blog, you can tweet your blog (the link), so it reaches a wider audience.
- There are lots of inspiring / motivating quotes or articles to read, should you choose not to tweet anything.
- In addition, there are articles about sports, business, photography, music, poems etc. Anything you are searching for, place a hash tag before it and click on search. E.g To read about health articles/tweets, type in #Health and click the search button.
- It can be used to share information with others. I enjoy sharing Educational / Teaching Tweets, as well as Inspiring quotes - from time to time.
- It's Free to sign up and use. 24/7.
So, back to All I want from Twitter in 2017.
Do you use Twitter and what changes would you like to see on it? If you don't use Twitter, would you consider joining?
My Twitter Profile is: LadyElenaUK. Tweet or DM me, if you need any help/tips in getting started.
Also, "Thank you" to Twitter for this useful platform.