- Computers & Software»
- Computer Buying Guides
Apple Pencil - Why So Special?
Welcome, To Another Hub. My Name is TabsTech and today we are going to be discussing the Apple Pencil. What are it's feature's and why I everyone is treating this Pencil as such a big deal. Now we all know that this is the start of something a lot different. We are use to seeing the simple iPhone, iPad & iPod Touch being released. But a Pencil why is a Pencil so important to Apple and the future of how the iPad will function in the future. In this Hub we are going to explore the features of the Apple Pencil and some reason why you should take a look at what the product has to offer. Before we get started I would like to thank everyone for the support on my previous Hub I really enjoyed writing it and I hope to be doing this for a long time !
Before We Start
Now before we go into the specs and the details I wanted to let you guys know that the Apple Pencil is only being used or is available on the iPad Pro which is the latest iPad that was released with the Pencil. Now the reason why this is useless to anyone else is because previous iPads don't have 3D Touch. I'm not going to go into too much detail but it's a technology that is used to read the tip of the pen. Don't let this turn you away from this. If you investing in an iPad for you work or if you need to upgrade this is the perfect Hub. So the Apple Pencil is simply a Pencil to write with it has some awesome technology that help's you bring to best out of your iPad Pro. This object is used for Art and for programs such as Microsoft Work and Apps that use the Apple Pencil. Since this is only a new item thing need to be updated so it has to ability to use the Pencil
When using iPad Pro, there may be moments when you want even greater precision. So we painstakingly designed Apple Pencil to expand on the versatility of Multi-Touch. And while the technology inside is unlike anything we’ve ever engineered, picking up Apple Pencil for the first time feels instantly familiar. It lets you make any number of effects, down to a single pixel, giving you more creative freedom than ever before.— Apple Official
As you can see above there is a Callout or a Quote above from Apple. This is the main explanation of what Apple Pencil is. But there is a bit more to it than that. I wanted to through in some specs but I'm not sure of too many since it simply just a Pencil.
- High Responsive (No Lag) - This is a Key Factor when it comes to technology. Mainly in gaming I see this term a lot but it can be used in many other ways. What this means is that when you are writing the ink on the program is not behind or it doesn't take like 2 seconds to pop up on the screen. Which is awesome considering that people will be using this for Art and for drawing on keynotes and such.
- Change the Thickness at Your Touch - This is simply when you apply more pressure it added more blackness to the drawing or what ever colour your using, not such a key factor but I explained this in my last Hub it uses 3D touch much like the iPhone 6s It uses pressure sensors behind the screen to detect the pressure being used to make the drawing thicker and thinner.
- Battery Life (12 Hours +) - We all know that everything needs a battery to run... Yes more battery problems more fun. But it's pretty amazing that the Apple Pencil can with hold 12 HOURS of battery which to me is amazing but no doubt that in the future this will be upgraded. But I guess it a cool start
- Can be Charged on iPad - Yes this is the first item we have seen been able to be charged with the item in use. If for some reason you forget to charge your Apple Pencil and you needed it the next day you can simply plug in into your iPad Pro and it will charge. Many people are use to just charging the device but now the device can charge a device. But sadly it can only charge the Pencil not a iPhone or iPod.
That's it for the Specs of the Apple Pencil Impressive I might say but there could of been more potential for a tiny device and it should of been available for more people. But I guess that how they make their money by forcing people to upgrade if need be...
Why You Buy the Pencil ?
In Conclusion if you an Artist or simply a person that loves iPad go for it if you have an extra say ($1500) including the iPad and the Pencil. I forgot the mention this the Apple Pencil is a separate purchase from the iPad it's self. Like I said they need money some how don't they. So that's my review on the Apple Pencil. I tried my best to explain all the key factor in as much details and words as possible. I would like that Thank you for taking the time and reading this Hub it really means a lot. Thanks for reading!
- TabsTech (Bring Tech Reviews For Everyone)
- Edited with Grammarly