- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets
Apps That Pay You Back | A List of the Top Ten Reward Applications for Apple iOS and Android Devices
Turn Your Phone into a Money Making Machine
Have you ever used a reward app before?
Apps That Help You Earn Gift Cards
There are a plethora of apps available for download for both Android and iOS (Apple) devices that allow you to earn gift cards in various ways.
Some of these apps have been around for years, making them more credible than some of the newer apps because they have been able to establish a reputation for themselves as a solid and reliable application.
Gift Card Reward Apps Worth Downloading:
- Viggle - Users accumulate points by syncing their phone with a show on TV and checking in. Those points can be exchanged for rewards like gift cards to Starbucks, Best Buy and Chilli’s.
- Wiket - This app asks users to review things like movies, books, restaurants and stores. In exchange for good reviews (measured by quality not whether or not a user liked or disliked the thing being reviewed) users receive points that they can redeem for gift cards.
- Fronto - A great way to pass time at work or during your commute, this app works by placing ads and curated links to content on your smartphone’s lock screen. Clicking on the ads is how users accumulate points that can be exchanged for gift cards.
- Perk - Similar to Front, Perk rewards users for watching paid advertisements. Perk has several apps users can download to stack up points with, including Perk TV, Perk Shopping, Perk Browser and Perk Screen. All points accumulated on any Perk app are pooled together so that users can exchange them for gift cards.
Gift Card Reward Apps NOT Worth Downloading:
- Checkpoints - This app is supposed to let you rack up points by scanning barcodes, checking in to certain locations, and playing fun scratch off tickets, however the game constantly glitches. When the game glitches something as small as not checking in to a location may be all that happens, other times however you may lose all your points. The app isn't new either, so don't hope its just a bug that they will work out.
- iPoints- For those who happen to not only love music, but love downloading music from iTunes in particular, this app may be helpful. For everyone else, this app will just take up space on your phone. iPoints is an app that rewards you for downloading songs on iTunes. Users can redeem gift cards after accumulating a certain number of points.
Viggle is an App that Rewards You for Watching Television and Listening to Music
Stack Up Your Amazon Gift Cards for Great Rewards Like This
Apps That Actually Pay You Cash
Cash Reward Apps Worth Downloading:
- InboxDollars - What used to be a much loved website is now a mobile app for Android and iPhone devices. With InboxDollars, users can earn cash by doing tasks like completing surveys, taking polls and using the InboxDollars search bar.
- Lucktastic - This app is a great way to pass time. A completely free scratch off lottery ticket app, Lucktastic provides users with new cards every day, and chances to win real cash.
- Cash King - With Cash King, users can earn money by downloading and using free apps, as well as watching videos or completing surveys.
Cash Reward Apps NOT Worth Downloading:
- Plink - This app allows you to connect your credit card to Plink in order to gain points for purchases at particular retailers. The company has been around for awhile, and still seems to be very limited in the amount of retailers users can receive points from, making this app not worth downloading.
- WeReward - A location based app where users get points for checking into locations, WeReward is one of many "check-in" oriented rewards apps, but because of its large amount of competition, WeReward just doesn't stack up.
Watch This Video About Over Fifty Apps that Pay You to Play
Get Healthy and Get Paid
Apps that Reward You for Staying Healthy
Reward Apps that Help You Stay Fit and are Worth Downloading:
- Pact - This app is designed to motivate users to stay healthy. Whether there goal is to quit smoking, eat more fruit, or exercise more, users get cash rewards for completing goals, and cash penalties for slip ups.
- EveryMove - This app tracks a users physical activity, healthy habits, as well as unhealthy habits and rewards them when they do things that benefit their health, and penalizes them when they do things that are bad for their health.
- Gym Pact - Gym Pact is an app that rewards you for completing fitness goals. Through Gym Pact, users can make weekly goals that pertain to their physical health. When a goal is met, the user gets rewarded in cash. When they don't meet their goal, they get a cash penalty that goes to those who did complete their goal.
Shopkick is a Free App That Rewards You for Shopping at Certain Stores
Apps for Android and iOS Devices that Give You Cash Back After Shopping
Shopping Reward Apps that are Worth Downloading:
- Ibotta - This app is fantastic for almost everyone. Ibotta has a list of grocery stores, restaurants and more located all over the United States. Users can activate rebates for a variety of goods and get cash back by scanning their receipts after they complete certain purchases.
- Checkout 51 - Similar to Ibotta, Checkout 51 is a rebate app that gives users cashback for purchasing certain items at the grocery store.
- Shopkick - The app works by picking up a Shopkick signal which verifies a user is in a Shopkick approved store. The app rewards users for visiting stores in the form of "kicks." After accumulating a certain number of "kicks", users can spend their kicks on things like gift cards and merchandise through the app.
AppNana is a Rewards App that Pays You in Cash or Gift Cards Just for Trying Out Different Apps
Android and iOS Apps That Help You Supplement Your Income
Reward Apps Worth Downloading that Help You Supplement Your Income:
- Task Rabbit - Task Rabbit is a reputable app that helps connect people with others around them in order to get tasks done such as grocery shopping, putting together furniture, cleaning and more. A fantastic outsourcing app, Task Rabbit is great for taskers as well as those who need tasks completed.
- Gig Walk - This app is a geo-targeted gig app that provides users with local task they can complete to earn cash. Tasks can range from photographing buildings to taking inventory at stores.
Reward Apps NOT Worth Downloading that Help You Supplement Your Income:
- EasyShift - With this app, users are rewarded for activities such as taking photos, giving an opinion, or recording the price of a product. Although this app has a lot of potential, only a few cities are set-up for EasyShift, making this app not hold up to its competition.
Nexercise is One of the Many Apps Designed to Motivate People to Get in Shape
© 2014 Kathleen Odenthal