- Computers & Software»
- Computer Buying Guides»
- Notebook & Tablet Buying Guide
TOP 5 BEST BUDGET TABLET AVAILABLE IN MARKET
At the end of 1999-2000 when computers and internets were very new found words in India, no one would have imagined that one day handheld version of personal computer will be called a “TABLET”. Now the word tablet is not only limited to chemist shops and dispensaries. So what is a tablet? It is a handheld touch screen device which can be easily carried to anyplace because of its small size and lightweight. Most of the tablets available in the market today runs on google based android platform except apple’s IPAD. Recent study shows that about 30% of the internet users in USA use tablet PC.
Since the launch of first tablet device called “Apple Ipad”, many players including some of the biggest names in electronic goods manufacturing industry have joined the bandwagon. Today Indian market is flooded with tablets of varied price range. Resistive touch screen tablets PC are available in india for as low as INR 2500 ( USD 47).
LIST OF BEST BUDGET TABLET PCS AVAILABLE IN INDIA
1) Blackberry Playbook (16GB): Priced at INR 14,000/- (Approx USD 270) this latest offering called “Playbook” is from the stable of RIM (Research in motion), manufacturer of blackberry handsets. With playbook, RIM made their entry into fast growing tablet PC market of the world. Playbook weighs around 425g and runs on QNS OS 2.0 which is developed by RIM. Powered by cortex A9 dual core processor with PowerVR SGX540 graphics gives you good computing and gaming experience. Playbook has dual cameras, 5MP camera at the back which can record full HD 1080P videos and front camera is of 3MP which makes your video chatting experience more beautiful. It’s 7 inch capacitive touch screen has a resolution of 1024 * 600 pixels. Apart from 4 finger multi touch feature, playbook is bundled with lots of additional features such as accelerometer, gyroscope, digital compass. Blackberry playbook comes with a 5300 mAH Li-Po battery which can run for 7 hours when fully charged. 16GB of inbuilt memory is quite sufficient .The only downside which it has is no additional memory storage can be added to it as it does not have a micro SD card slot. With the help of Bluetooth you can easily pair your keyboard and mouse to the playbook. It supports adobe flash 11.2 and comes with micro HDMI port.
2) Micromax Funbook P 300: When micromax unveiled its budget tablet called FUNBOOK in Indian market , its changed the game in fastest growing tablet market of India by pricing the tablet at INR 6500/-. Funbook P300 comes with 1.2 GHZ cortex A8- processor and 512MB ram which gives you freedom of multi-tasking. Apart from that it is packed with dual Mali-400MP graphics card which enhances the browsing and gaming experience. The 7 inch capacitive touch screen makes it much more interesting and a worth buy product. Funbook has 0.3 megapixel front VGA camera which allows you to capture every beautiful moments on your tablet which will be cherished by you all through your life. Funbook is powered by 2800 mAh battery which gives you browsing time of 5 hours. Tablet comes with an inbuilt storage capacity of 4 GB which can be expanded to 32 GB. Fun book supports most of the video/audio formats such as MP3,WAV,FLAC , MPEG2, MPEG4, AVI, WMV, 3GP, MOV, MKV, RM and RMVB. It also plays HD video with much ease.
3) Karbonn Smart Tab 2 : Latest entrant into the fast growing tablet market is mobile phone manufacturer Karbonn which made the competition very fierce when it launched its product Karbonn Smart Tab where company gives you the option to upgrade the Karbonn Smart Tab 2 to android jellybean version , which currently comes up with android 4.0 ice cream sandwich version. Priced at INR 6900/- Karbonn Smart Tab 2 runs on 1.2 GHZ Xburst processor and has 7 inch 5 point multi touch capacitive touchscreen. Smart Tab2 is powered by 3700 mAh battery which claims to give you music experience of 25 hours and can play video for 8 hours. Only disadvantage which many interest buyers will see is very limited 1 GB internal storage capacity of smart tab 2, which can be upgraded to 32 GB using microSD. The tablet comes with Wi-Fi and 3G capabilities allowing you stay connected with your friends anytime anywhere in the world. Smart tab2 boats of supporting 1080P HD video files and also HDMI input function through which can connect your TAB to your LED/LCD TV screen.
Technical Specifications (Karbonn Smart Tab 2)
- 1 .2 GHz Xburst CPU, 512 MB RAM ,GeForce GC8600 graphics card
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) upgradeable to Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 7 inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with 800 x 480 pixels2 mp front camera.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, 3G via external dongle
- HDMI-Out with Full HD (1080p), 3.5 mm audio jack, and USB port.
- Supports MOV, MKV, AVI, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, DAT, MPEG, MP4, PMP,
3GP, FLV, WMV, ASF (Video formats) & MP3 (Audio Format)
- 3700 mAh battery with 25 hours of music and 8 hours of video playback.
- 3D G-Sensor, 2 MP primary camera
4) HCL ME U1 tablet : Priced at INR 6500 ( USD 118) HCL ME U1 tablet comes with 1 GHz A8 cortex processor/512 MB DDR3 ram and has 7 inch capacitive touch screen with a resolution of 800 into 480 pixels. It supports android 4.0.3 ice cream sandwich version. The tablet is loaded with 0.3 megapixel front camera. 3600 mAh battery if charged fully can run for 8 hours. Tablet comes with an inbuilt capacity of 4 GB which can be expanded to 32 GB using microSD or mircoSDHC. Tablet supports WiFI IEEE 802.11 b/g/n and 3G through external USB dongle through which you can surf the net on the go as well. In addition to it, tablet boasts of supporting full HD video playback and 3-Axis Orientation/Motion Detection Sensor.
Technical Specifications (HCL ME U1)
- Android 4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich) Operating System
- 7’ Inch LED Capacitive Multitouch Screen
- Cortex A8 1 GHz Processor/512 MB DDR3 RAM
- 0.3 MP Primary Camera
- Wi-Fi and 3G (Supported via External 3G USB Modem)
- Full HD 1080 support
- 3600 mAh Lithium - Polymer
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack
- Inbuilt 3-axis Orientation, Motion Detection Sensor
5) VeeDee D10DC : Priced at INR 7000 ( USD 128)Veedee D10DC happens to be the cheapest A9 cortex dual core processor tablet available in India today. D10DC is packed with a powerful 1.6 GHz cortex A9 dual core processor (1GB ram) which makes the processor respond to multi application very swiftly. Tablet has an inbuilt storage capacity of 8GB which can be expanded to 32GB.The 7 inch 1024 * 600 HD LCD capacitive touch screen offers pleasing experience to viewers. Tablet runs on 4.1 jellybean android platform which gives users millions of application support in android market. Apart from that tablet also supports full HD movies and HDMI function. For internet connectivity tablet offers Wifi and 3G dongle support (through external modem).
Technical Specifications (VeeDee D10DC)
- 1.6 GHz A9 cortex Dual core processor & 1 GB DDR3 ram
- Android 4.1.1 Jellybean
- 7 inch Capacitive touch screen (HD 1024*600 resolution)
- 8 GB internal storage
- Plays FULL HD videos (Flash 11 support)
- 3000 mAh battery
- Wifi connectivity & 3G (through external modem)