- Computers & Software»
- Computer Hardware
Best Computer Speakers with Subwoofer under $100 2017
Choosing the best computer speakers with subwoofer for your needs can be a challenging task, especially if you want the fullest and most accurate audio for your dollar!
Nobody generally expects that for less that $100 they are going to get a top of the range system.
There are, however, some very exciting and excellent options out there for those who require an audio system that delivers a rich sound, consisting of a deep bass with a crisp and accurate detailed mid and higher range and don't wish to pay the Earth for it.
Here are my selections.
- The Cyber Acoustics 30W (CA-3602A)
- Genius SW-G2.1 2000 - 45 Watts RMS - 2.1 True Beast Power Gaming Speaker System
- The iKross 2.1
- The Logitech Speaker System Z523
- The Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel System
The Sykik Sound Wireless System
2 Things to Look out for When Buying Computer Speakers
- Power Output - Not only does this affect the maximum volume, but also the sound quality. A system operating close to its maximum is more likely to distort, so generally speaking, the higher the power output, the better, in terms of audio quality.
- Connectivity - Most speaker systems are wired, which is to say that they connect up to your computer with a 3.5mm jack, or USB cable. Some of the more modern systems are wireless, however, allowing you to stream from your computer or device using wireless technology such as Bluetooth.
Below are my top 5 selections.
#1 Best Value Speakers with Subwoofer: The Cyber Acoustics 30W (CA-3602A): Bombastic Audio at an Affordable Price!
I use this system in my bedroom and it never ceases to impress me, especially when I consider the relatively low price that I paid for it!
I run the TV, computer, plus my iPod through it and it delivers a full and accurate sound for all devices.
The Cyber Acoustics 30W (CA-3602A) consists of three-piece speaker system with two 2-Inch magnetically shielded satellite speakers and a 5.25-Inch subwoofer.
For such a relatively inexpensive system, it is is pretty well built, with the subwoofer housed in an acoustically balanced wooden cabinet.
There is also an MP3 cradle for sitting your player.
Power, volume, and bass are controlled by a control pod, which as well connecting to the subwoofer and speakers, also has a headphone jack and auxiliary input for plugging in your iPod, TV, etc.
The Cyber Acoustics 30W (CA-3602A) offers excellent value for money and I would highly recommend it!
Plus and Minus
- Plus. Excellent value for money, this unit is difficult to beat for the price!
- Minus. Lacks a remote control, volume is controlled via a pod.
Genius SW-G2.1 2000: Earth Pounding Bass!
The Genius SW-G2.1 2000 - 45 Watts RMS - 2.1 True Beast Power Gaming Speaker System has been designed with gamers in mind and delivers rich and powerful bass.
An attractive looking system with a modern design, the Genius has curvaceous satellite speakers and a wooden cabinet subwoofer.
One other cool thing about this system is the backlight blue LED lighting, which goes with the rhythm of powerful heart-beating bass.
Total output power is a very robust 45 watts (RMS). The Genius system is available for around $100.
Plus and Minus
- Plus. Excellent power output, ensuring loud volume and high quality audio.
- Minus. Some static sounds at low volume.
Cool, Eye-Catching Design: The iKross 2.1!
With its bold, eye-catching modern design, the iKross 2.1 is difficult to miss! The satellite speakers especially are particularly cool, with their translucent plexi-glass molding and glowing LED accents.
The ambient blue lights are constantly lit while using the Bass Pulse. Once the bass equalizer is turned up past 80%, the glowing lights start to pulsate in time to the beat of the bass.
The iKross is easy to set up and is versatile enough to work with your MP3 player, iPod, iPad, PC, Laptop, Mac, Home Theater and other devices with a standard 3.5mm jack audio output.
This system delivers 17-watt RMS power and 34-watt Peak power.
Plus and Minus
- Plus. The ambient glowing blue LED lights are super cool!
- Minus. Audio quality is good, but not the best in this price range.
Full and Clear Sound: The Logitech Speaker System Z523!
Featuring Logitech's trademark 360-degree sound, the Z523 system is capable of filling a room with a full and accurate sound.
Delivering 40 watts (RMS) of power for a broad, rich, and accurate sound, this system will not disappoint. The down-firing subwoofer with 6.5-in pressure driver puts out a low and pounding bass without distortion.
Easy set up and quick-connect inputs enable you to easily connect your MP3 Player, DVD player, iPod, game console, or headphones and be up and running almost instantaneously.
On-speaker controls make it easy and convenient to adjust the volume as required.
Plus and Minus
- Plus. Powerful sub and great audio responsiveness.
- Minus. Longer connection cords would enable better set up options.
Stylish and Striking: The Altec Lansing VS2621 2.1 Channel System!
A stylish and well-designed three piece sound system, the Altec Lansing VS2621 delivers excellent audio quality for an affordable price.
Don't let the compact and space-saving size of the Lansing fool you, this system delivers a big and comprehensive sound with a bass that will impress.
Optimized for computers and MP3 players, the speakers also have an auxillary input jack allows you to connect an MP3 or CD player without unplugging your computer.
Measuring just 4.9 x 10.3 x 8.8 inches (W x D x H) the separate subwoofer is small enough to keep your workspace tidy and uncluttered, but still able to produce a deep, rich bass sound that won't distort.
Front-mounted knobs make it easy and convenient for you to control the power, volume, and tone, enabling you to get the perfect audio to match your music.
Plus and Minus
- Plus. Excellent speakers and sub for listening to music!
- Minus. This system is not the best, if you are using it for gaming.
Versatile With Depth: The Sykik Sound Wireless System
The best thing about the Sykik Sound Wireless System is that it can deliver audio wirelessly, using Bluetooth technology. That gives you multiple options for speaker placement.
Music can be streamed from your (Bluetooth enabled) device, whether it be a laptop, PC, tablet, smartphone, iPad, or iPhone. The power output is 27W RMS, 6W from each speaker and 15 W RMS from the subwoofer.
The subwoofer is powerful enough to deliver a bass that is rich and very low, filling out the low end of the overall sound.
There are separate controls on the subwoofer for adjusting the levels of bass, treble, and volume, enabling you to get the sound just right for your requirements.
- Plus. Wireless connectivity gives you maximum versatility when it comes to set up!
- Minus. Bluetooth sound quality is not as good as the wired version.