Best Usb C Cables for Nintendo Switch
The Nintendo Switch is a hybrid mini gaming console developed by Nintendo, released on March 3, 2017 which can be used as a stationary and portable device. It features user input, motion sensing, and tactile feedback and removable controllers.
You might need additional cables for the Nintendo Switch(mini console), to charge it or project it on the bigger screen, so this article will ensure you get the prime quality cables for your device. This applies to both Nintendo Switch Standard and Nintendo switch lite.
Nintendo Switch uses the latest standard of USB protocols, which is USB C aka USB 3.1 Gen 2.
USB C is reversible and bi-directional, has a faster transfer speed along with higher current capability.
The Switch Lite is Nintendo's $200 variant of the standard Nintendo Switch, which typically retails for $300. While the standard Switch can function as either a portable handheld system or as a home console that you connect to your television, the Switch Lite works only as a portable handheld device.
- The Switch AC Adapter supports 7.5 watts (5 volts @ 1.5 amps) and 39 watts (15 volts @ 2.6 amps) charging profiles over its USB Type-C connector.
- The Switch is primarily powered in portable mode by a non-removable 4310mAh, rechargeable battery. The battery life is expected to be between 2.5 to 6.5 hours, depending on the usage and environment.
- The Switch video acceleration comes from Nvidia Tegra X1, the tech giant behind Geforce GTX gaming graphics cards, along with 4GB of LPDDR4 and Quad-core Cortex-A57 + quad-core Cortex-A53 @ 1.02 GHz along with overclocking capabilities. No wonder this handheld console can provide beast of a performance.
- The Switch is equipped with Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless communication between the console and it's controllers.
- The Switch provides dual-band 802.11ac wireless connectivity and is compatible with a/b/g/n/a/ac modes.
- The Switch includes 32 GB of internal storage 25.9 GB of which is user-accessible. This can be expanded up to 2 TB using a microSD card, which can be located under the Switch's kickstand. Note( In case microSD card is used, the Switch will only store game save data on the internal memory, leaving data that can be re-acquired on the microSD card.
[Intel Certified] Anker Thunderbolt 3.0 Cable (USB-C to USB-C) Supports 100W Charging / 40Gbps Data Transfer (Compatible with USB 3.1 Gen 1 and 2), Perfect for
- High-Speed rapid charging currents with up to 100W, with a compatible charger.
- Rapid Data Transfer: Transfer music, movies, or entire seasons of TV shows in mere seconds at 40 Gbps speed.
- Display video content on one screen in 5K, or two screens at 4K simultaneously.
- Highly Compatible: Works flawlessly with all USB-C devices.
Supports higher data transfer rate and higher current.
[Thunderbolt 3 Certified] CableCreation Thunderbolt 3 Cable 40Gbps (1.6 Feet/ 0.5 Meters), Supports 5A/100W Charging,
- Thunderbolt 3 Certified built with Aluminum alloy shell and flexible TPE jacket makes it more durable to use.
- Support data transfer speeds up to 40Gbps, you can transfer music, movies, or entire seasons of TV shows in seconds. It is 80X faster than USB2.0, 8X faster than USB3.0, 4X faster than USB3.1 Gen2
- Support connecting dual monitors simultaneously at 4Kx2K(4096x2160) @ 60HZ video resolution or single monitor at 5K (5120x2880) @ 60Hz.
- Supports rapid charging up to 100W /5A when used with a compatible charger.
- Thunderbolt 3 40Gbps Cable compatible with your Thunderbolt 3 enabled devices like Mac
Looks solid and robust.
Belkin Thunderbolt 3 Usb Type-C Cable - Featuring Usb-C To Usb-C End Connections
- Connect and transfer data between USB C enabled devices
- Superfast data transfer rates of up to 20 Gbps
- Certified compatible with Thunderbolt 3 and USB 3.1
- Supports 4K or Ultra HD high-quality digital display
- Reversible USB C connectors for hassle-free connections
Low price and lengthy(3FT), but 10gbps data transfer rate. The only con is that power delivery is only 60 Watts, which might not fast charge Apple MacBooks and other USB C devices.
According to you, does the quality of a cable matter for Nintendo Switch?
Does the cable quality matter for the Nintendo Switch?
Word of Advise: Don't use USB-A to USB-C cables with your Nintendo Switch.
All the cables i have mentioned are of sound quality, supports 4K and fast charging but first two babies are the winners without a shadow of a doubt, a bit higher price for premium grade quality and it would be useful to mention that you can use these cables with MacBook, XPS, Yoga and other USB-C devices such as phones and tablets and other laptops. Initially these cables were build to last and serve a better functionality.
USB-A is an older standard, and is destined to be phased out in the coming number of years, While USB-C will maintain and lead the standard until next big change. USB-A can't output video due to lesser bandwidth and neither can charge the devices at higher currents. However, you can use USB-A to USB-C cables to only charge your Nintendo Switch but it will be slower than compared from USB-C to USB-C cable.
Thus the only cables which are best are those which have a USB-C port on each ends and are certified to absolutely deliver the standard of power required to stay your Switch up and running smoothly. Jeopardizing anything wouldn't be suggested at this point.
Extras : Gears for the Switch
This USB C hub which might replace the dock, while being much more portable and easy to carry. It let's you connected your switch to TV. Keep in mind, that you would need to connect power source to the USB C hub in order for it to work, just like for the original dock. Along with HDMI and USB C ports, there is also a USB port for additional connectivity.
Stay tuned and connected, i will soon be writing an article dedicated on gears for the Nintendo Switch. Which includes, USB C HUB, after-market docks, USB to Ethernet adapter.
If you have any queries or would like to provide feedback, don't hesitate to contact me.
Work Hard ! Play Hard
This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional.
© 2019 Roshan Zameer