Best digital camera under 200 dollars
These days, it´s almost a requirement to have a digital camera. All because the prices are now more affordable than ever before.
And to record family moments or the birth of a child it´s very cool, right? So, if you still don´t have a digital camera is more than time to buy one.
There are many good digital cameras under 200 dollars, and to help you, in this article I will talk about the best digital cameras under 200, so you can choose the one that best meets your needs.
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W610
Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W610 is one of the best digital camera under 200. Equipped with 14.1 megapixels, it has a 2.7 LCD display, 4x optical zoom, and face and smile detection. Not to mention that the small DSC Q610 also shoots panoramic photos.
- Affordable, You can buy the Sony Cyber-Shot DSC W610 at Amazon for around $115
- 14.1 MP sensor allows photos up to 28 x 38 with professional-quality printing
- 26 mm lens and 4x optical zoom, favorable to photograph expansive landscapes, architecture, groups of people at close range, etc.
- It creates panoramic shots of up to 360 degrees and 11520 x 1080 pixels through the practical scanning system
- Wide ISO range for those who venture into the dark without flash, despite the risk of noise
- It detects faces and smiles to help the photographer to take good pictures
- Self-portrait: Sony DSC-W610 waits until one or two faces enter the scene to shoot
- It recognizes various scene conditions and automatically applies the ideal programmed mode
- It corrects red eyes and it´s possible to make cutouts in recorded photos
- It doesn´t has the light that helps the focus system on the photos in dim lighting
- It doesn´t shoots in black and white
- Like most ultrathin and economical cameras, it doesn´t has viewfinder and stabilizer to prevent blurry pictures (it uses SteadyShot digital process, not optical)
- There are no options for compression quality for photos and it doesn´t has 3:2 format
- Internal memory of only 21 MB but most shopkeepers include 4GB card with the Sony W610
- AV cable (video and audio) to connect the camera to the TV not included by the manufacturer
Samsung DV100 is also a good choice. Its main attraction is a small 1.5 inch screen located on the front of the digital camera, that helps the user to take pictures of himself.
The DV100 features 16.1 megapixels, it records high-definition video and features a 5x optical zoom.
- 16.1 MP sensor allows photos up to 30 x 40 with professional-quality printing
- Double LCD: besides the rear screen, it has another one in the front, which is very useful for self-portraits
- Optical zoom lens and 5x wide angle (26mm) favorable to capture broad plans
- It automatically recognizes and applies the settings for different scenes
- It detects faces, smiles and winks. It memorizes the faces (the ones registered by the photographer) to prioritize the adjustments on them when they appear before the camera. The focus follows moving objects / persons.
- The Beauty Shot Mode hides skin imperfections in portraits and Night Mode lets you select low speeds and aperture. The Samsung DV100 also has exposure bracketing
- It provides frames for photos and funny effects - such as Miniature, Vignetting, Sketch, Fish Eye and Defog - many of them can also be applied in videoclips
- It lets you crop recorded photos, to fix red eyes, and other editing features
- It records HD videos - 4GB limit, which corresponds to 17 minutes. It´s has a function to pause the footage, to avoid multiple clips.
- Like other economical cameras, the Samsung DV100 doesn´t has stabilizer and it uses digital stabilization to minimize the production of blurry photos
- Short flash range, especially when applying zoom: 2 meters
- Like most ultrafine cameras, it doesn´t has viewfinder, a useful feature in some situations
- Unfortunately, Samsung does not report the index of the continuous mode in 16 MP photos
- AV cable (video and audio) to connect the Samsung DV100 to TV not included by the manufacturer
- If you want to use the camera while the battery recharges, you will need to purchase a spare battery and also a compatible charger to recharge it outside the camera.
The price of this model is about $100.
Fujifilm Finepix S2980
Manufactured by Fujifilm, the FinePix S2980 shoots with 14 megapixel resolution, it makes HD video and, if needed, disposes 18x optical zoom.
Finepix S2980 looks a little big, and that´s because this model is very similar to a professional camera. Fujifilm choosed to impose a 3.0 inch LCD screen and an HDMI connection so you can see your photos on television.
- 14 MP sensor, which allows photos up to 28 x 38 with professional-quality printing
- 18x optical zoom lens and wide angle (28 mm) thats favors all kinds of composition
- Large 3-inch LCD monitor of good quality (230,000 points)
- Pop-up flash is able to reach 8 meters, according to Fuji, which allows the covering of evening events
- Fujifilm S2980 detects faces, smiles and winks and it recognizes and adapts to different scene types. It creates panoramas and its focus system follows moving objects
- It lets you make cuts and remove red eye in stored photos
- It shoots HD video. The optical zoom should be applied before shooting to avoid audible noise
- HDMI output enables connection to HDTV via cable (not included by the manufacturer)
- It has resources that facilitate the selection of photos and the upload to YouTube or Facebook
- It has optical stabilizer, EVF, full control of exposure, aperture and speed priority modes, etc.
- It takes approximately 500 pictures per charge (NiMH batteries), according to Fujifilm
- Modest index in sequential mode for a camera of this capacity: 1.2 photo per second
- It doesn´t takes pictures under 3 MP in 4:3 and 3:2 formats, nor under 2 MP in 16:9 format
- Uninterrupt shooting limit: 2 GB, which gives a little more than 8 minutes per HD movie. Also, it doesn´t produces Full HD movies, a feature increasingly adopted by Fujifilm S2980 competitors.
- There is no internal memory: remember to buy a card or you will not be able to even test the camera
- Some desirable features in advanced cameras are missing in this Fuji S2980, but they are also rare in this price range cameras: CMOS sensor (Fuji S2980, is a CCD), manual focus, diopter adjustment, RAW files production
You can buy the Fujifilm Finepix S2980 at Amazon for around $107.
Canon PowerShot A3400 IS
Of course that one of the best camera manufacturers could not be left out of this list of best digital cameras under 200. And to compose this list, nothing better than the PowerShot A3400 IS compact camera.
"Armed" with 16 megapixels, this small Canon has 5x optical zoom, it shoots in HD and has the face detector - very helpful for those who are constantly photographing people.
So you can see your photos in great detail, Canon has placed a lcd touchscreen that measures 3 inches.
The price of this model is about $107.
Nikon Coolpix S4300
And to close this list of best digital cameras under 200 dollars, I choosed the Nikon Coolpix S4300.
It shoots at 16 megapixels, makes high-definition video and carries a 6x optical zoom.
This Nikon compact model has a Nikkor crystal lens, 3-inch bright lcd screen and super slim design.
Nikon Coolpix S4300 also has an image stabilizer so that your pictures don´t come out blurry, but, perfect (or nearly so).
You can buy this model at Amazon for about $97.
- 16 MP sensor, which allows photos up to 30 x 40 with professional-quality printing
- Wide angle lens (26 mm) and 6x optical zoom (the default is 3), favorable for both expansive scenery, groups of people and indoor scenario photos, as well to capture objects at average distance
- High quality 3-inch LCD touchscreen (460,000 points)
- This model is equipped with a stabilizer to minimize the production of blurred images
- Manual focus allows you to select the desired area by touching the screen
- Wide ISO range for those who venture into the dark without flash, despite the risk of noise
- BSS: in one-click it captures up to 10 photos and saves the sharpest one, avoiding blurred images
- More than 15 scene modes: it recognizes the situation and automatically applies several of them
- It detects faces, smiles and winks, and the focus follows moving subjects
- It offers resources to lighten the shadows without changing the brightness, to smooth skin in portraits, to crop recorded pictures, and to apply effects like Miniature, Smooth, Fish-Eye, Painting, etc.
- It produces sound HD videos. It´s also possible to change the recording digital zoom, although it´s not recommended. Limit: 2 GB, which does reach 10 minutes in HD (it exceeds 20 minutes in VGA)
- The Nikon S4300 creates panoramic images united through the camera software
- 74 Mb internal memory (an above average space), useful if the photographer forgets the card
- Like most supercompact cameras, the Nikon S4300 has no viewfinder, which could replace the monitor and assist the photographer to save battery power when needed
- The slow maximum aperture of the lens in telephoto (F6.5) may damage zoom pictures
- No correction for red eye in stored photos, although it avoids them when shooting
- It allows only two kinds of compression that are restricted to 16 MP photos
- It doesn´t produces photos in 3:2 format
- According to the manufacturer, the Nikon S4300 takes approximately 180 shots per battery charge, a number that is below the current average.
So, you're thinking of buying a digital camera under 200 dollars? What did you think of the cameras listed above?