Beware of Email Phishers
Cyber attacks are a serious problem worldwide and the purpose of this hub is to make you aware when someone is try to attack you online and also give you instructions as to who and how to report the phisher.
- Email Phishers - try to get your personal information by pretending to be something they aren't and can be hard to identify.
- The key to stopping them - if you think something is unusual you are probally right, don't give out personal information,like your social security number or PIN numbers or passwords to websites you use regularly,for example Hubpages will never ask for that kind of information and if they did I would think someone was phising me for information.
- What if you have already given out information- you can report a site to the following www.antiphising.org or to www.fraudwatchinternational or www.phistank.com
- Keep your PC secure - Use microsoft update to keep your windows software up to date and it will stop you from going to know phising sites,also before opening a suspitious email use your anti-virus software to scan the email to make sure it does not have a virus,I wrote a hub on keeping your PC secure click here to read it.
- Beware of Website Forgery - If you use internet explorer for your web browser you can set it to do this for you automatically,but what a Phisher will often do is to trick you into clicking a link and you think you are visiting a site,because they have built a website that looks the same,but you can look at THE URL in your web browser and make sure is says www.hubpages.com for example.
- Never download anything that has a broken or unsigned digital signal - If you are going to download something and windows pops up and tells you it has a broken or unsigned digital signal CANCEL the download and uninstall any programs that has a broken or unsigned digital signal,this will keep you safe from trojans and keyloggers that can get your passwords to websites you use regularly.
- Staying safe online - I know you all work very hard writing articles and it would be a shame to lose money simply because someone hacks into your computer or phishes you for information to steal your identity,remeber to be selective in what sites you visit and to who you even give your email to.
- I look forward to reading you comments in the section below
- Thanks for stopping in & God-Bless-Us-All