- Computers & Software»
- Computer Hardware
Biostar Motherboard g41 Review
CPU support : Intel Socket 775
Intel Core 2 Quad Processor
Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
Intel Pentium Dual-Core Processor
Intel Celeron Dual-Core Processor
USB: 6 USB 2.0 ports.
2 at the front.
4 in the rear.
DDR3 1333(Overclocked)/1066/800 MHz
2 x DDR3 slots 4GB each
Total 8GB ram
1 x PCI-E x16 1.0 Slot
1 x PCI-E x1 Slot
1 x PCI Slots
2x SATA 2 connectors
1x IDE Connecter
Intel GMA x4500
- Cheap motherboard for specs.
- Can play call of duty black ops 2 on full using my Radeon 6870 graphics card.
- Circuit board looks very colorful
- Supports PCI express x16 1.0.
NB 2.0 would be better for my graphics card
- The intel g41 chipset along with other pros makes it a good motherboard for a business or home user
- The motherboard has only one system fan header.
- The system fan and USB ports are too close to the pci express x16 slot (refer to pic above). I have a Radeon 6870 graphics card and to remove the fan or usb ports I have to also remove the graphics card to do do. I use mostly molex fan connectors in my case now.
- Also my graphics card presses on the wires for the fan and usb port causing them to malfunction quickly.
- But to be fair my graphics card is freakishly large and this might not be a problem for most users.
Dimensions of Radeon 6870: 10.3" x 4.4" x 1.5"
- The fan control doesn't seem to work for me. Fans are always at full speed.
- Tried to overclock on this board and gained only 0.3 ghz. Very bad for overclocking
If you are looking to build a home or business PC this motherboard is a cheap and easy but effective way to accomplish that. The motherboard so far (had it for 2 years) has been reliable and even survived a psu spike.
If you are a all out gamer and are looking for a gaming board do not buy this one. I used it because it came as a packaged deal. Yes it plays all the games I have thrown at it but my graphics card cannot reach its full potential on this board. If you are going to get a graphics card with pci express x16 2.0 or better get a board which supports this. Also this board only supports socket 775 and bus speed of 1333 max. Though these are not bad specs as a true gamer you should be aiming above this as your minimum.
Power Supply: Termaltake TR2 RX 650W.
Processor: Core 2 quad q8300 2.5ghz.
Ram: 2x HyperX 4gb 1600 running at 1333.
Graphics Card: XFX Radeon 6870.
Motherboard: Biostar G41D3C (to be soon upgraded).
Hard drive: WD10EZEX 1Terabyte.
Not a powerhouse but it plays everything I have thrown at it on full!
Please rate article below