- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics»
Call Me Old Fashioned...but, I Need a Keyboard
Over the past few weeks, I have had the opportunity to test the Apple iPad. To be honest I am heavily partial devices with a physical keyboard. I just don't jive well with the whole onscreen thing. I know I'm not the only one out there, but from the looks of it we made need to form some kine of support group. Simply put, I didn't plan on enjoying the experience.
- Great for Games and Social Media.
- Convenient for Watching Netflix Content on the Go.
- Good for Displaying and Reading eBooks.
- Large Selection of Apps.
- Attracts the Usual Attention Apples Product Tend to Convey.
- Long Battery Life.
- Cool and Quite Operation.
- Small and Awkward Keyboard Onscreen Keyboard.
- Even with Apps Functionality is Limited.
- Too Big to Carry on Person.
- Web Browsing Burdensome Outside Apps.
In choosing a device I look for both practicality and multipurpose operation. While this device may fill a gap that didn't quite exist in the market before. I can do most of the tasks and even more on a laptop I already own. For me it is simply not worth the price for a device that is not quite a laptop, not a phone, yet something more than a simple reader.
In the event that you are still interested a tablet device I would strongly urge you to choose the Kindle Fire over the Apple iPad. It is my belief that people who purchase a tablet will continue to have either a laptop or desktop and tasks that are CPU intensive will not be performed on a tablet. The Kindle fire has all the power you will need for reading, browsing, and watching videos. Save your hard earned money folks!