- Consumer Electronics & Personal Gadgets»
- Portable Electronics
How to Take Excellent Photos
For anyone who don't know how to take good pictures,a professional Photographer will tell you that in order for you to take well-developed pictures, the first thing you need to have is a good camera. Secondly, you will have to play around with your camera so that you can get use to all the different features. Remember, all cameras are not designed exactly the same, some features of one brand may be different from another, or some brand might not be equipped with all the features as others and so on.
Because each Photographer has his/her specific pointers that he/she has developed and perfected through regular practice, the final and most important thing you need to do is to practice shooting actual pictures so that you can develop and perfected your skills and specific pointers.
Taking Well-Composed Pictures
What Specifically is The Rule of Third
It is the ability to form a mental image that the photo is divided into thirds by horizontal and vertical lines, then placing your subjects along those lines. You are essentially trying to avoid taking the same approach like most inexperience camera users do. Often less experienced picture-takers put their subject in the center of the shot. You should first craft your image as a whole, while viewing the entire frame just to make sure it's filled with something important. If it's not , then you might need to get a little closer to the scenery you are trying to capture.
Other Tips For Taking More Interesting Pictures
- Do not try to include the entire scene. Just focus on the details that are of interest to you.
- Some Pros believe sunrise or sunset is the best light source. However, it is advised that you should avoid shooting towards the sun as this will cause you to get a lot of lens flare.
- If you are looking to get your shot somewhat more engaging, for starters, it is recommended that you try the shot from different angles. For example, you may bend your knees and shoot from below or take the picture from the top of a staircase.
- If you have to shoot through a closed window of an aircraft, a vehicle or building, for the best result, it is advised that you keep your lens as closely as possible to the window, because the farther away you are the more obvious it's going to appear that you're shooting through a window.
Important Features of a Good Camera
Nowadays, most advanced Photographers use what is known as a "Single-Lens Reflex"(SLR)camera. However, if you are low on cash, or lack the necessary skills needed to operate a SLR camera, there are still many affordable priced point-and-shoot cameras on the market today. These cameras are equipped with various features and can be used to take high-quality pictures. The bottom line is, when shopping for a camera, choose one with features such as image stabilization, Exposure Compensation and good Optical zoom. These are all essential features to look for in a good camera.
For those of you who would like to know how to take good pictures, it's recommended that you first invest in a good camera. The next thing you need to do is to constantly practice, utilizing some of the tips offered above.