Choose Your Mobile Number – Globe!
Globe offers Choose Your Number SIM Card
Globe, one of the major wireless telephone operators in Philippines, offers a nifty and innovative feature to its prepaid subscribers – the ability to choose their very own prepaid mobile number.
It is unclear if this is the first in the country, but it is most definitely nice to have. Some people may not pay much attention to it and shrug it off as a trivial matter, but there are those that would surely love to have this feature.
Benefits of having to choose your own number –
The benefits and advantages of having to choose your own wireless number are not that hard to understand. It gives you the freedom to personalize how you would like to present yourself to others – to the world.
It is more than just a number – it is an extension of your personality and being.
For instance, one may choose a number that are numerical representations of the letters of their name. The mobile number can also be a memorable date or date of a significant event.
It can also be a good thing for people who would want to retain their number when switching from another telecom operator or competitor network.
How It Works?
1. Look for “Choose Your Number” Globe SIM card
If you are unsure what it looks like, you can always ask the vendor / seller of the store (or call card station) if the prepaid SIM card they’re selling is the one that you are looking for.
2. Remove the SIM card from the SIM bed and insert it on the mobile phone.
3. Turn ON the mobile phone and choose the prepaid option.
4. A pop menu will appear (see photo below for reference - this can be found on the "Sim Tool Kit' Option)
5. Choose a number or enter the one you desire
As can be seen on the above photo, the user has the option to choose between three pre-defined cellphone numbers or input a one that he / she likes.
If the user selects the last option, please be advised that there are only 5 tries to select a desired number.
6. After inputting a selection (selecting your own digits either or when choosing any of the three pre-defined SIM card numbers), the system will ask some time for it to process the request
7. When accepted, the SIM card will now be registered on the selected number
How to know your mobile number?
Here’s a quick tip for android mobile phone users who are unsure (or those who forgot) what is the mobile number of their device (also useful for dual SIM phones)
- Go to settings
- Go to SIM card configuration (this is mostly under the mobile network or Accounts menu)
- From here you can see the number of the SIM card inserted on the phone.
Please note that the steps above may vary depending on the device and its operating system.
A quicker way is to make a call or send a text from the phone.
Things to remember –
And now we arrive on the last section of this hub. This section will summarize "need to know” information that might have been overlooked by the reader and add important details regarding this guide
Instead of doing it in paragraph form, the list will be itemized / categorized for easy reference:
- This “choose your own number guide” is only applicable for new prepaid Globe subscribers. Existing Globe prepaid numbers cannot be changed
- Postpaid subscribers who want to have their own and personalized mobile numbers are advised to contact their sales agent regarding particular request
- When I bought this particular choose your own SIM card, it is worth 50 pesos. It is possible that the price might have changed.
- Mobile numbers are still subject to availability. If the number that you want is already existing or is already used by another subscriber, obviously, you wouldn’t be able to select it.
- To ensure that you will be getting a “choose your own number SIM card”, buy it from a Globe business center or accredited store. Also be sure to look for the label “Choose Your Number” on the package (as seen on the introductory / 1st photo)
- This guide is purely for information and reference only. It is not (in anyway) to promote mentioned telecom operator.
That’s just about it. Anyone can comment and ask questions on the comment section below (even non-members). I’ll try my best to answer each question and address concerns. However, for faster resolution about your Globe mobile number, it would be advisable to contact Globe’s hotline or contact center. You can also use Globe’s "Dial 143 Feature"