- Internet & the Web
Connecting Internet using Dial-Up Access
In order to connect the Internet using Dial Up access, you need have an Internet accounts from ISP, MODEM , computer with a browser and a telephone line. After having all these, follow the steps below to connect the internet.
1. Click on Start ->> Control panel ->> Network Internet Connections
2. Open New Network Wizard and then click on Next button.
3. Choose Setup My connection Manually and then click on Next.
4. Type the name of your ISP and click on Next.
5. Type username and password provided by the ISP and click on Next.
6. Set whether or not you want available to all and if you want a desktop shortcut for connection.
If you placed a shortcut, open it and it looks like this
7. Now provide a username and password and specify whether or not to save it and whether or not to allow anyone to access the Internet.
8. Click on Dial button and you should be connected if username and password is verified on the ISP.
To connect Internet you need:-
- A computer running Microsoft windows XP/7/200 or any operating system software.
- A telephone line to connect the ISP server.
- A modem to exchange information between user's computer and server of ISP through telephone line.
- A web browser for accessing the Internet.
- TCP/IP protocol for exchanging information between server and computer.
- Dial UP software to establish connection between your computer and the server of ISP.